Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We ready for a Black President?

Are we ready for a Black President?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are we ready for a Black President?

• Yes
    • No

I caught part of the Obama speech. Great speech writer and extraordinary delivery. Almost led to willful suspension of disbelief.

What it did for me was to raise even more concerns about the inconsistencies between what a politician says and what he has done in the past, and wonder how the immediate future will improve because of their sudden insights.

He is no different from any other politician in this case.

Jack .... jack jack jack... all i scan ask is did you watch the speech or did you listen to it... because if you watched it then well i cant help you believe in something that you fully get a comprehension on. You needed to listen to that speech and realize that its not about him its about you ... that speech was nothing more that a rallying call to all

Americans to stand up together and do more... to want better. and to make better happen. Obama throws himself down as a tool to help grease the wheels ... but if we want the changes that he promises we must fight for it. the Change he speaks of can only be brought about tbu the American people engaging and actively applying our power to make things happen. Thats what you would have under stoop if you listened to the speech instead of watched it.... heres what you can do dl the speech and replace the word i with you.... or us ... or American people and see if the power of that speech doesnt shine though...

I agree 100%. He is offering change, and with that change the entire approach will be different, including HOW he addresses us.

Change for the sake of change? I should be from Missouri since I love to say "Show me, don't talk at me." If Obama gets to show us, I hope he delivers.... I don't have much faith in any politician these days.

Can one person make a difference? Yes one person can make a difference. They can make a difference in their own lives, in their families, in their community, in their workplace, etc. It can grow and mushroom into a movement that chagnes the lives of many.

Waiting around for the government to make a positive change for you is about as smart as waiting up for the tooth fairy.

If Americans would embrace their inner Libertarian, everything would just be so much better FOR ME.

I can't understand how you can call him a black man. He is also white. He is a wonderful candidate. My maternal grandmother was black. Yet all of her children were born the color of grandfather. So we were thought white... As if she didn't matter. I think it is sad that so many choose the label that suits their cause. I love all my grandparents including my other grandmother who was American Indian and listed on the 1900 census as property. I would love to think we will embrace the right person for the job and not the ethnicity....

I can't understand how you can call him a black man. He is also white. He is a wonderful candidate. My maternal grandmother was black. Yet all of her children were born the color of grandfather. So we were thought white... As if she didn't matter. I think it is sad that so many choose the label that suits their cause. I love all my grandparents including my other grandmother who was American Indian and listed on the 1900 census as property. I would love to think we will embrace the right person for the job and not the ethnicity....

Thats because in this country you can cal it identity grouping.... you look white therefore you are white.... Obama looks black so therefore no matter how technical you want to be ... people and the public at large will always and forever consider him to be a black man.... because thats what they see.

Yeah its a shitty way to think about it but thats America for ya.

He is also white. He was raised by a white - his materal side - family. I am very impressed by both Obama and his wife. They seem like smart, disciplined, caring, mature individuals. My brother who lives in the States will be voting for him. This makes me very happy.

I think Obama is amazing!! I have been a big fan since the 2004 convention speech. I am one of the millions of first time campaign contributors and truely believe in his message of change. Just as I am sick and tried of being fat I am sick and tired of how our government is ran and this glass half empty mentality. Why not have "hope for change"? I see McCain as a Bush clone and it scares me. My favorite word from Obama's speech was "ENOUGH".

Obama is our "Neil" to help us understand the "matrix". He is definitely the one that we have been waiting for.

This may sound fanatical but I am not a fanatic. Right here and right now he is the best person for the job.

McCain just doesn't get it.

15_18_10.gif15_18_20.gif15_18_10.gif15_18_20.gif15_18_10.gif

We have come a long way in this Country Since the 1600's but we have not come so for that this Country is ready to put a black man in charge.

Now if the White powers that be that in charge of this Country now are making a mess of things, what the heck you think a black man goning to do.

He still has Congress to go through, unless the whole house is demagrate and ten God Help us if that is the case. Because heavy spending on free programs for the monorities, and welfare.

There is no excuse for the black man or White man America is full of opprotunity to succeed.

Just look we are going to have a black President, no if ands are butts it is going to happen.

It is Barack Ombama's time I surely hope the the people are not supprised when he does nothing in his speeches.

He is a smoke screen tell you what you want to hear and then do what he wants.

In one of his speechesI happened to hear he said he wanted one America, Sounds great I would love for evyone to be equal,

Sad thing is that will never happen in this life time are the next.

It is hard to pay attention to your words of wisdom. You can't even spell. Obama has been through Harvard on scholarships. This is a man with a powerful intellect. And the dude is one-half white, eh.

We have come a long way in this Country Since the 1600's but we have not come so for that this Country is ready to put a black man in charge.

Now if the White powers that be that in charge of this Country now are making a mess of things, what the heck you think a black man goning to do.

He still has Congress to go through, unless the whole house is demagrate and ten God Help us if that is the case. Because heavy spending on free programs for the monorities, and welfare.

There is no excuse for the black man or White man America is full of opprotunity to succeed.

Just look we are going to have a black President, no if ands are butts it is going to happen.

It is Barack Ombama's time I surely hope the the people are not supprised when he does nothing in his speeches.

He is a smoke screen tell you what you want to hear and then do what he wants.

In one of his speechesI happened to hear he said he wanted one America, Sounds great I would love for evyone to be equal,

Sad thing is that will never happen in this life time are the next.

And I see why you've only posted here once. LOL

It is hard to pay attention to your words of wisdom. You can't even spell. Obama has been through Harvard on scholarships. This is a man with a powerful intellect. And the dude is one-half white, eh.

Huh? Was that towards me?