Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

day 4 post op feeling UGH!!

Hello all, so today is day # 4 since I got banded. I'm not sure if what I am feeling is normal or not. I haven't really been getting all the Water that I should be getting in. I'm feeling like it hurts a little to drink. Like when I do drink, it feels like it just sits in my chest. IS that normal? So far today I have only gotten in maybe 18 oz of water in me. I have eaten some Soup broth and some Jello. But, still I feel like I am pushing myself to eat that. It almost feels like something is sitting on my chest. Also, when I get up I still feel a little dizzy. I cant take what they gave me for it because I get sick on it. My stomach still feels really bad. I know that it has only been 4 days, but, I am wondering how long It will be until I stop feeling this pressure and is it normal? Does anyone else know what I am talking about? One more question, I have to be on Clear Liquids for 4 days, does that count my surgery day? PLEASE HELP!

Ok, so maybe more then 1 more question. I have a few more...I got on the scale and it said that I gained 2 pds! Im guessing this is from all the liquid they gave me during surgery and after? How long does it take to get rid of this weight gain?

I had a hard time getting down all the recommended fluids and Protein for the first week. The PA for my surgeon said it was ok and that I should just take small sips and drink as much as I could handle. I had little appetite the first week but gradually increased my Liquid Protein. I had some dizziness and added something with a few carbs, like light apple juice.

They pumped you with gas and IV fluids for the procedure so don;t worry about the weight gain.

Hang in there, it'll get better in a few days.

I can't respond to the chest tightness. I didn't have any. But as for the gaining weight. It is normal and by 1 week post op I had lost all the Water weight and then some. Make sure to walk, walk, walk too. That helps with Fluid retention and gas in your system. Make sure to keep working on drinking too. Very important to drink. Also if you are having nausea with the pain meds call the doc office and ask them for anti nausea medication (Promethazine) it worked wonders for me so I can take the pain meds.

I counted the day after surgery as day one. As for pain......I am over two weeks out and I still have a lot pf pain on the right side but I am feeling fine other than that. I went back to work last week for a couple half days and have been able to stay at work the full day this week. Hang in there it does getter better every day.

Hi

I think you will feel like a new girl in another 2 to 3 days. I thought the pain was much more than a lot of people had posted... I thought it was tough and I had four c-sections!

keep drinking small amounts of Water. try ice pops, and eating ice chips.< /p>

I was banded on the 5th of March. I had not lost but four pounds the 1st two weeks after surgery then It started to come off faster...we are all a little different that way.

Take good care of yourself. try not to think in terms of nubembers right now. I started to weigh once a week because I was getting discouraged.

I wish you great health and well being.

M

Hang in there...I thought I was crazy after my surgery because I felt totally full after my 8 oz Protein Shake, but my nurse told me that from that surgery our stomach swells and to drink as much Water as i could. I did and I am now 2 weeks out and tomorrow I get to start mushies...YEAH!! Finally, some food with texture...It will get better and you will feel better..Just walk and drink your water...:thumbup:

Heidi, I'm having the same pressure sensations. I'm supposed to have 1/2 cup Protein Shake 3x day and I'm miserable full after 1/8 cup. So far the only thing that doesn't cause that sensation is warm liquids. I tried popsicles but they made it worse for me. I also gained 2 pounds coming home from the hospital, but I had some swelling from the fluids. Let's hang in there together and one day we'll wake up feeling great!

Hi I just was banded 4/1 and still feel lots of gas pains in my shoulder. GASEX doenst seem to be helping. I have pain in my did when i get up and when i try and lay down. I walk around the house and got dressed today for the first time. I really hope I start to feel a bit more normal soon.