Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Natural Diet Solution For PCOS.......

You go Georgia girl!!!! You are getting off to an awesome start. I had planned to have an apple and walnuts for Breakfast, but ended up having nothing. I am going to put off starting until tommorow. my 16 month old woke up at midnight with 103.2 fever. It seems I always have a sick kid so I wasn't too alarmed. I took him to the doctor and he has pneumonia(in both lungs). YUCK!! The doctor said that it is in the early stages and since I am a nurse he let me bring him home. He got a shot of Rocephin, oral antibiotics, breathing treatments, and we go back on Wednesday for a repeat chest xray!! YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!

Anyway, due to all of that, I am going to take it easy today and will get back hard and heavy tommorow.

Amy

You go Georgia girl!!!! You are getting off to an awesome start. I had planned to have an apple and walnuts for breakfast, but ended up having nothing. I am going to put off starting until tommorow. my 16 month old woke up at midnight with 103.2 fever. It seems I always have a sick kid so I wasn't too alarmed. I took him to the doctor and he has pneumonia(in both lungs). YUCK!! The doctor said that it is in the early stages and since I am a nurse he let me bring him home. He got a shot of Rocephin, oral antibiotics, breathing treatments, and we go back on Wednesday for a repeat chest xray!! YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!

Anyway, due to all of that, I am going to take it easy today and will get back hard and heavy tommorow.

Amy

Sorry your kiddo is sick. I hope he feels better soon. Sounds like you will have your hands full.

So far today, things are going well. I went to the gym and did 45 minutes of strength training then 30 minutes on the treadmill. I am soooo glad I am starting to get some energy back. I think I have finally lost enough weight that I can actually start being active again. It's great!!

Here's what I've eaten so far and my plan for the rest of the day:

B'fast- 12 fresh blueberries, 6 whole natural almonds

Lunch- 1 cup fresh vegetable stir-fry (onions, red peppers, mushrooms, celery, and diced roma tomatoes sauteed with EVOO and Mrs. Dash seasoning)

Snack- 1 medium apple, handful of cashews

Dinner- 1 baked tilapia fillet, 1/2 c. leftover vegetable stir- fry

Edited by georgia girl

Good luck with your new endeavor. I do have a few concerns, though: as the daughter of a real, licensed dietician (not someone who calls themself a nutritionist, or even a doctor who has little education in nutrition) who I would consider a leader in her field, I can tell you that the whole organic movement isn't embraced by all dieticians. And a diet that takes out an entire food group, like dairy, is usually not supported by professionals. I think so many of us with PCOS are looking for answers and dedicated to making what ever changes are necessary to improve our health that I hate to see us being guided by people who might not necessarily have solid science behind them. That being said, I hope you have great success on this plan. But if you feel yourself needing to add non-organic beef or dairy to your diet, I wouldn't beat yourself up over it.

Good luck with your new endeavor. I do have a few concerns, though: as the daughter of a real, licensed dietician (not someone who calls themself a nutritionist, or even a doctor who has little education in nutrition) who I would consider a leader in her field, I can tell you that the whole organic movement isn't embraced by all dieticians. And a diet that takes out an entire food group, like dairy, is usually not supported by professionals. I think so many of us with PCOS are looking for answers and dedicated to making what ever changes are necessary to improve our health that I hate to see us being guided by people who might not necessarily have solid science behind them. That being said, I hope you have great success on this plan. But if you feel yourself needing to add non-organic beef or dairy to your diet, I wouldn't beat yourself up over it.

I understand that eating organic may not be embraced by all dietitians, but ultimately it's a personal decision. I do think that eating whole organic foods is better, but I know that everyone doesn't think the same as I. I have enjoyed reading this book and I feel that the authors are very educated and knowledgeable. I feel like I am making a good decision for me and that's all that counts. Not all professional dietitians are always going to agree on everything anyway, so I always read up on anything new and make my own decisions when it comes to my health.

I've left out an entire food group before on certain diets (bread, meat) so that doesn't bother me at all. I've even thought about becoming a lacto-ovo vegetarian and that would be leaving out an entire food group also. I am not endorsing this book by any means, it's just something I want to try for myself............if it works for me, that's great, if it doesn't, so be it, I'll try something else. If I do not see results from this, I will probably become a lacto-ovo vegetarian and still try to eat whole organic foods when possible. I am still trying to find my way with my band and with PCOS, trying to figure out what works best for me.

That being said, thanks for your concern and good luck to you.

Edited by georgia girl
typo

Ditto, Georgia, except the lacto ovo vegetarian thing. I gotta have some meat!! LOL

On another note..... I AM IN ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!! My scales said 199.4 this morning. I am soooo pumped!!! I think exercise has gotten me over the hump. I just got back from the grocery store again,and I am ready to go today. I will post menu later.

Georgia, Have a great Day!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

Ditto, Georgia, except the lacto ovo vegetarian thing. I gotta have some meat!! LOL

On another note..... I AM IN ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!! My scales said 199.4 this morning. I am soooo pumped!!! I think exercise has gotten me over the hump. I just got back from the grocery store again,and I am ready to go today. I will post menu later.

Georgia, Have a great Day!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

LOL! I know going meatless is not for everyone. I could honestly go without the meat because I've never been a big meat eater anyway.

Congratulations, you made it to Onederland!! That is soooo great. I am sooo proud of you!!

I had a yogurt this morning. I know that's not in the diet but I tried eating an apple and I was just too tight this morning. A lot tighter than I have been. It was the only thing I had in the house that would go down easy. My main goal is to eat more "live" foods, making sure I am eating fresh veggies and fruit.< /p>

I made an appointment for a fill on Thursday. For the past few weeks, I haven't had much restriction at all, even in the mornings. Now I don't know if I should get one. I've been stuck on this plateau for a while now and I am so ready to get past it. Maybe I should just get a really small fill and see what happens, like .25cc or something. My last fill was only .5cc and it did really good for a while. I have a total of 6.5cc right now. What do you think?

If the fill is too tight you can always have some removed. I had to have some removed with my last fill. It seems to me like when I eat what I am "supposed" to eat I am tighter. I know that doesn't make any sense. I would go for the fill and talk with your doc. I just got over a plateau and they are soooooo discouraging. Maybe a very small fill will get you over the hump. Your exercise will start showing up as well. Everytime I begin exercising I gain a couple of pounds but then it really starts to fall off. I think that is what I am experiencing now. I think I just rambled and probably didn't make any sense. Hang in there. You will start losing again. I am sure of it!!

I did pretty well today.

Didn't eat Breakfast (I have got to work on that!!!)

L - steamed zuchini, baby carrots, brocolli, and edamame

D - baked tilapia, steamed brocolli, cauliflower, and baby carrots

S - Tall sugar free, nonfat vanilla caramel Machiatto

I know, the starbucks was not the best choice, but I was celebrating onederland. I figure made with sugarfree Syrup and not fat milk it isn't TOO bad. I can see I am going to have a hard time with the no milk part too.

How did your day go?????

I did pretty well today.

Didn't eat breakfast (I have got to work on that!!!)

L - steamed zuchini, baby carrots, brocolli, and edamame

D - baked tilapia, steamed brocolli, cauliflower, and baby carrots

S - Tall sugar free, nonfat vanilla caramel Machiatto

I know, the starbucks was not the best choice, but I was celebrating onederland. I figure made with sugarfree Syrup and not fat milk it isn't TOO bad. I can see I am going to have a hard time with the no milk part too.

How did your day go?????

You did good today! I personally am not striving to stick to this religously (seems too much like a diet if I do that). My main goal is just to eat more fresh fruit and veggies. I'm not sure I can give up my yogurt, so that's another issue for me. I am fine with not having bread though, so all in all, the only thing I will be fudging on is the dairy part.

Here's what I had today:

B'fast- Weight Watchers yogurt (too tight this morning to eat solids)

Lunch- handful of whole natural almonds, small apple, 5 blueberries

Snack- small handful of cashews

Dinner- 2 fruit skewers (orange, strawberry, pineapple- all fresh fruits), raw carrots and cauliflower

I didn't workout today. I had a bad headache this morning so I took a break today. I will hit the gym again in the morning.

How's your kiddo today?

Dylan's breathing is worse this morning. We go back to the doctor at 8:30. I gave him a breathing treatment about 4am, and it seemed to help a little. He is not running high fever anymore. Maybe the junk in his lungs is just breaking up and sounds worse. We'll see this morning.

I am not going to try to be religous with this either. I am going to focus on whole, healthy foods. I am not going to eat bread either, but I will probably have some dairy as well. I will try to keep it to a minimum.

Have a great day!!

Amy

Dylan's breathing is worse this morning. We go back to the doctor at 8:30. I gave him a breathing treatment about 4am, and it seemed to help a little. He is not running high fever anymore. Maybe the junk in his lungs is just breaking up and sounds worse. We'll see this morning.

I am not going to try to be religous with this either. I am going to focus on whole, healthy foods. I am not going to eat bread either, but I will probably have some dairy as well. I will try to keep it to a minimum.

Have a great day!!

Amy

Hope everything goes well at the doctor's office this morning. Poor little guy, I hope he feels better soon.

I think I am finally getting past my plateau! I lost a pound, whoooo hooo! I know a pound doesn't sound like something to be really excited about, but I have been plateauing for a while now and I am excited to plow past it. I'm headed to the gym in just a bit, hope you have a great day!!

WOOHOO I am soo proud for your pound. A pound means a TON after a plateau. You will probably start seeing the pounds fall off now. I have been really bad today. The doctor thought Dylan's lungs sounded junky, but he will be ok. Keep doing breathing treatments.

We had to go to a foster parent visit. While the baby was in the visit I ate 4 tacos. They were really cheesy. BAD BAD BAD!!!!

I am not even going to wait until tommorow!! I am back on track right now.