Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gained a pound on mushies

I am 2 weeks post op today and have gone to mushies and this morning I gained a pound. I also can eat more than a cup of food at a time, not much more but I would say a cup and half to two cups. If I don't I am starving. I feel terrible and despressed. I have done all this and gaining weight. Has anyone else found this to happen?:biggrin::cursing::lol::cursing::w00t::cursing:

Gaining weight does not equal gaining fat. Please don't panic because the scale moves one pound. Knee-jerk/irrational reactions like that do nothing but through your mental state out of whack.

See this post: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/784949-post5.html

I am 9 days post op and up 15lbs. I have been assured that this is due to the surgery and that our bodies take a long time to get back to normal. I would let this upset you. I am sure that once we have our fills weight will start to come off. Best of luck!

Plus you need to remember that right now, your band is not filled. Basically, once the initial swelling goes down after surgery it is just like you were pre-band. Your appetite is likely to be close to the same and it is not unusual to not lose or gain weight during this time period.

The band is designed to work with fills. Once you start getting your fills and reach your sweet spot, the weight will start coming off.

I am also up a pound this week and I just started the puree part of the diet. I had the surgery two weeks ago. I feel frustrated too. I had lost 23 pounds from the initial fast two weeks before surgery up to yesterday.

you are doing great, its not expected to loose until after your first fill. Have you been walking? it really helps, also try some Soup, knor has a really good vegie soup, thats really filling and low in cal.

I didn't gain weight but in 4 weeks I only lost 5 pounds. When I went in for my first fill the doctor said I had great will power to drop the 5 pounds. She also told me to look at non scale victories. Sure enough she was right. I lost 25 before the surgery and plus the 5 after surgery I have noticed my cloths are much less tight and I have gone down a size in my bra. I can also walk farther than I was before surgery. So, don't be too hard on yourself right now. Look for non scale victories and keep your chin up. Good luck to you!

I also gained a pound but i lost 15 in 1 week after surgery but i'm not going to panic so hang in their! (surgery was 3/27)

As of my 2 week post appt on Wed, I'd like you had lost a total of 22 lbs and over the past 2 days seemed to have picked up 2 pounds since starting mushies on Monday. I was looking at the other responses and it looks like I can breath in relief to know that its not abnormal. My MD said its not the "norm" to lose that much weight post op, so like someone said, it is a bonus. I was frustrated yesterday, but after reading these posts, seems like it is a normal experience until our first fill. My MD told me if I continue to lose like I've been losing since surgery, I'd be okay with no fill for 1-2 months. I've started walking to try and keep active and plan on going back to the gym Monday.

I am also up a pound this week and I just started the puree part of the diet. I had the surgery two weeks ago. I feel frustrated too. I had lost 23 pounds from the initial fast two weeks before surgery up to yesterday.

my doctor warned me mushies are prime time to gain or stop losing because people tend to add fattening things to make food mushie (mayo, butter, etc.) - don't worry, try to make healthy choices and keep healing!

Another thing to keep in mind that a friend of mine told me. If you think about it, we normally have a certain amount of stuff in our intestines at any given time. When we are on the liquid diet, we clear that out and then when we start mushies again, it gets replaced.

I gained 2.5 pounds on mushies, but it came right back off the following week.

Keep up the good work everyone!

I had my surgery March 28, lost 10 lbs by my 1st post op visit, but I have really been hungry! Today I was so hungry I ate a chicken strip with my mashed potatoes, now I am freakin out that I have really done something wrong because I was able to eat it and I wasn't sick or anything. Is this normal?

I'm in the same boat I had my surgery on 3/27 I saw the Dr. today and they said i'm doing good i've lost 15 pounds but i can't drink the shake for some reason so I've been on farina and cramed Soups but I was so hungry last night that I mashed up 3 fish sticks and ate them. My Dr told me its normal to be hungry and just try to get in the Protein first (shakes) so i'm going back to the store to try a different brand. I can't wait to get my first fill in 2 weeks. Hang in there!!!!!! :ohmy: