Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I read about everyone eating all these different things, and I myself am CRAVING a salad with lotsa fresh vegies.

But I was told no raw vegies or salad ever again, no fresh fruit except bananas, no nuts, no bacon, pepperoni, no luncheon meats, no popcorn, no granola, no seeds, no melted cheese, no Pasta.< /p>

I am saddened to hear this. I thought I would be able to eat vegies, I have yet to have my first fill and have had salad, but was told not again...why is that? If I can eat it with no problems than why not? Any ideas?

I read about everyone eating all these different things, and I myself am CRAVING a salad with lotsa fresh vegies.

But I was told no raw vegies or salad ever again, no fresh fruit except bananas, no nuts, no bacon, pepperoni, no luncheon meats, no popcorn, no granola, no seeds, no melted cheese, no Pasta.

I am saddened to hear this. I thought I would be able to eat vegies, I have yet to have my first fill and have had salad, but was told not again...why is that? If I can eat it with no problems than why not? Any ideas?

I eat all those things !!!

I eat everything that you listed as a "no". In fact, just today I had a Smartfood White Cheddar cheese bag of popcorn for a snack and for lunch I had a Smart Ones chicken Parmesagna (pasta with melted cheese). It takes a little longer to eat but I can do it. I also eat salads all the time. Did you question your doctor as to why you were told not to eat those things?

Hmm. I just had a big spinach salad with chopped up veggies and some canned chicken in it for lunch. No problems, here.

In fact, you said you were told that the only fruit you can have is bananas, and ironically, that's one of the ones that gives me the most trouble. And citrus fruit, GOD, I can't chew orange pulp that long. Yuck.

salad and veggies (as long as they're not drowning in dressing) are good for you. As long as you don't have problems with them, I think they should be part of your banded diet, even after a fill, if they can be tolerated.

I wasn't allowed to eat those things for the first 6 weeks. After that, they are fine by my doctor.

I'm going on the assumption that the op was referring to wanting to have that stuff after the post-op diet is finished, of course.

This confuses me too. Of your list, I eat salads, fresh fruit, nuts, lunch meats, granola, melted cheese and recently had some whole-wheat Pasta. No problems with any of these things, as long as I take small bites, chew well and watch portions (as with everything). I have heard no popcorn from some docs, but I haven't seen anybody ban all of these foods. Fresh fruits and veggies are healthy as long as they're not covered in high-fat, unhealthy Condiments.

Did you ask why you were told this? Most of the things on your list have the potential to cause problems (fibrous fruits & veggies, dry meat) but if you try them in small amounts and can tolerate them, then I don't understand why you can't have them.

OP said no fresh fruit raw veggies or salad EVER again. My dr. says

we are supposed to eat 75% Protein 25% fruits and veggies. Raw or otherwise.

I too eat EVERYTHING on your "no" list except granola and that just because I dont like it. I have no problems eating any of the listed but everyone is different. I can understand the doctor saying this for the post op diet but not after that is over

I would ask again to see if there was a misunderstanding somewhere. I eat everything you listed, in moderation of course. I eat nuts for Snacks on many days, I love them. Lettuce is sometimes harder for me to eat, but not always. Luncheon meats can be higher in sodium, so maybe that's why your doctor doesn't want you eat that, I dunno. Fresh fruit and raw veggies are very healthy, I can't understand why you couldn't eat them if you can tolerate them.

But I was told no raw vegies or salad ever again, no fresh fruit except bananas, no nuts, no bacon, pepperoni, no luncheon meats, no popcorn, no granola, no seeds, no melted cheese, no Pasta.

I eat salad all the time, I eat some fruit (apples and plums and bananas, have not tried an orange) I eat almonds, I haven't had bacon or pepperoni ( don't miss it, high in salt), I've eaten popcorn a few times (good fiber) and I've eaten a grilled cheese sandwich once. I tend to stay away from Pasta because of calories.

Where will your Vitamins come from if you can't eat some of these healthy foods?

And citrus fruit, GOD, I can't chew orange pulp that long. Yuck.

I was food Network the other day and Giada from Everyday Italian showed how to cut an orange so you don't get any of the white stringy stuff. I couldn't find the instruction on food Network, but I found one that I think is the same.

To avoid getting the unsightly white pith, use this method: Cut a slice off both ends so you have a flat, stable surface. Then, with one of the flat surfaces on a cutting board, run a sharp paring knife down from the north to the south poles, slicing off strips of skin and pith as you do. In the beginning, you'll probably take off a little bit more flesh than you'd like, but after a few attempts, you'll be getting only skin and pith. When you've gone all around the orange, turn it upside down and slice off the small amount that was hard to get on the bottom, and then cut the orange into sections or slices from the outside in, using a V shaped cut for each section.

I haven't tried it yet, but I don't like the skin or white stuff anyway so next time I eat one, I will try it.

I was food Network the other day and Giada from Everyday Italian showed how to cut an orange so you don't get any of the white stringy stuff. I couldn't find the instruction on food Network, but I found one that I think is the same.

To avoid getting the unsightly white pith, use this method: Cut a slice off both ends so you have a flat, stable surface. Then, with one of the flat surfaces on a cutting board, run a sharp paring knife down from the north to the south poles, slicing off strips of skin and pith as you do. In the beginning, you'll probably take off a little bit more flesh than you'd like, but after a few attempts, you'll be getting only skin and pith. When you've gone all around the orange, turn it upside down and slice off the small amount that was hard to get on the bottom, and then cut the orange into sections or slices from the outside in, using a V shaped cut for each section.

I haven't tried it yet, but I don't like the skin or white stuff anyway so next time I eat one, I will try it.

Thanks, I'll have to try that. I like to have an orange once in a while!:unsure: