Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was food Network the other day and Giada from Everyday Italian showed how to cut an orange so you don't get any of the white stringy stuff. I couldn't find the instruction on food Network, but I found one that I think is the same.

This is called "supreming" and you can do it with any citrus fruit. It takes a little practice as well as a good, sharp knife, but I prefer my orange this way -- no more pith or stringy fibers! :biggrin:

I think it's weird that a nutritionist says this. There is no way a Multi-Vitamin is going to make up for all that lost nutrition.

I was told not to eat nuts or things with skins or seeds (like grapes and berries) for three months post-op, which I didn't. I still don't really eat popcorn. I don't eat a lot of salad, just because there's too many veggies compared to Protein for me. But I still eat brocolli (not a lot though - it's really filling!) and even carrots if I chew them really well. And when I do eat fruit, which is not all that often, I eat berries because they have more anti-oxidents. I do eat quite a few tomatoes, because I really like grilled cheese with chicken, spinach and Tomato and I make a lot of Greek and Italian food, which both have a lot of tomatoes. I have more trouble with hard boiled eggs and some types of Pasta than with veggies!

I think that you should for sure talk to your doctor. I found at my clinic that the info I got from the nutritionist was a little different from what I get from the doctor (and is also different from what I've found in my own study). Most of what she says is right on and she's really helpful. But the doctor is the final word on things.

Good luck!

I read about everyone eating all these different things, and I myself am CRAVING a salad with lotsa fresh vegies.

But I was told no raw vegies or salad ever again, no fresh fruit except bananas, no nuts, no bacon, pepperoni, no luncheon meats, no popcorn, no granola, no seeds, no melted cheese, no Pasta.

I am saddened to hear this. I thought I would be able to eat vegies, I have yet to have my first fill and have had salad, but was told not again...why is that? If I can eat it with no problems than why not? Any ideas?

Wow, I was never told not to eat those things. IN fact I am encouraged to eat raw veggies and fruit. I should eat more of that! I was told that some things would not be tolerable to me and that has been true. I eat popcorn all the time and it is so easy for me to eat. I am confused by the instructions you received.

I can also eat all the things you listed and this is after 4 fills. I hope to get another fill on tuesday. My doctor said I could eat salads but stay away fron heave fat dressing.

I was told that I could and should eat a lot og green vegegies and carrots too! I can eat bananas and pears, pears for the Fiber and I eat one or two per week. I eat light applesauce the individual ones once in a while and I can eat certain nuts like almonds but to be sure to chew them up good and almonds raw ones actually help curb your appitite and as for salads I no longer have those due to the empty calories and hey no bread or white products too many starches and I have no carbs if possible and if I have to have a carb it is very low dosed.