Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Montgomery in Evrett WA? NWWLS

Hey,

Have had a few people tell me they had a good expearence at NWWLS, I'm planning to get banded there in a month or so, was wondering if anyone would mind shareing their expearence with Dr. Montgomery or any others and tell me how the after care was etc? Also, how was the pre/post opt diet etc. Any info would be wonderful!

~Marine

I am not banded yet either. We (my husband, parents and I) started out at a seminar at the NWWLS (as we live in Everett) for really our initial information. We continued to do research and decided to go to Dr. Kuri in Mexico as he had more experience for longer and it was a third of the price. I do know that people I have talked to that had it done there were happy, but I just could not spend that price for all four of us (we are all being banded at the end of May). We are happy with our decision to go to Dr. Kuri, his philosophy matches ours more closely that US doctors.... if insurance would have covered it, as I am assuming yours does, we may have gone to NWWLS. Good luck to you... if you need any additional information let me know! If you live in the area and want to keep in touch for support, I would love that too!

Kammi in Everett, WA

soon to be banded 5/27/08

I <3 Dr Montgomery! LiseSeattle was banded by him too. He is so great I would get banded by him all over again. His "bedside manner" is so nice and he's got great experience. He is the one who opened NWWLS back with Dr. Watkins. He is the best!!!!

Dr.Montgomery performed my lapband I highly recommend him, he is very experienced. His office NWWLS is state of the art, friendly, knowledgable. Choosing a surgeon is one of the most important decisions you can make. I live in CA but flew to WA for the surgery just so I could use Dr.Montgomery.

Good Luck

He's my surgeon too, and I would highly recommend him and NWWLS in general. They have great patient support both pre and post op, and make sure you have all the info you need to succeed. You have to take advantage of it, of course -- attend support group if you can, for example.

Most of the staff there are banded themselves, so they know everything you are going through. I :lol: Jessie, too -- she's so blunt & straightforward. She generally runs the support group.

Pre-op: Dr. Montgomery told me it wouldn't hurt to try to lose 10 lbs but it wasn't a must as I'd been doing WW already. I did anyway, using Optifast. Figured it'd be a jumpstart. He will decide based on your weight and dieting history if you need a preop diet (besides the cleansing/fasting the day before surgery that everyone does)

Post-op: my surgery was 2.5 yrs ago, so I don't know if they've changed the rules. They'll give you a booklet with all the info. For me, it was a week of liquids (anything that can be sucked through a straw). Then he transferred me to mushies for a week or so. Then on to solids in week 3, and first fill at 6 weeks out if I needed it (which I did!). If I recall correctly, he had me come in one week after surgery for a quick exam to make sure everything was healing up well.

Good luck!

thanks for all the great answers guys! yea i really liked him when i met him! hes going to be doing my surgery too, i'm really excited. hopefully at the end of this month. :lol:

Yes! I went to NWWLS and had Dr. Montgomery. He is absolutely fantastic. I've noticed that it can be a bit hard to get in for fills as the office can be really busy and over-scheduled...but that is the only negative so far.

Yes! I went to NWWLS and had Dr. Montgomery. He is absolutely fantastic. I've noticed that it can be a bit hard to get in for fills as the office can be really busy and over-scheduled...but that is the only negative so far.

hmm well I know that they come to Bellingham once or twice a month and do fills here (I live in Bellingham) so I'm hoping that it won't be too bad to get into see them when they come to B'ham. :biggrin:

Hi Kammy. I had surgery with Dr. Kuri June of 2003. It was right before he became inindated by patients. Understandably so, as he does a fantastic job. I was happy with Dr. Kuri and can recall being very comfortable with him. He had great things to say about my future with the Lap Band and expressed how it is, 'but a tool' to help us along our journey. And he was right in every sense of the way. If you would like to chat more about my experience (I have alot to tell) please email me at killilia@yahoo.com

Take Care and Good luck to you

I am not banded yet either. We (my husband, parents and I) started out at a seminar at the NWWLS (as we live in Everett) for really our initial information. We continued to do research and decided to go to Dr. Kuri in Mexico as he had more experience for longer and it was a third of the price. I do know that people I have talked to that had it done there were happy, but I just could not spend that price for all four of us (we are all being banded at the end of May). We are happy with our decision to go to Dr. Kuri, his philosophy matches ours more closely that US doctors.... if insurance would have covered it, as I am assuming yours does, we may have gone to NWWLS. Good luck to you... if you need any additional information let me know! If you live in the area and want to keep in touch for support, I would love that too!

Kammi in Everett, WA

soon to be banded 5/27/08