Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only 35 or 30 pounds to lose?

Sometimes this seems like a dream. I got tears in my eyes the other day when I told my DH that I only need to lose another 25-30 pounds before I'm in the healthy weight catergory and it just came up and bit me out of nowhere how significant this is to me and I started to get tears in my eyes(overwhelming happy tears). It's always been like 'I need to lose 100 pounds-but I'd be happy with a starting goal of under 200'. I have been overweight my whole life-weighed about 180 in highschool, got pregnant, gained 60 pounds and more over subsequent babies and life of munching to the tune of about 250 pounds. I was banded in 8/07 and am down to 179 today. 71 pounds lost-holy crap if I don't say so myself. I fit into a size 12 in the dressing room the other day and another little choked up moment. I think I was 13 or 14 last time I fit into a 12. I didn't think I'd lose this fast and I think my mind is having a hard time catching up with my body, but this experience has been truly life changing and amazing and I'm so glad I made this decision.

Has anyone else had these overwhelming moments where you are just going along and smack you realize something you've been thinking and dreaming and trying to do for what seems like forever is actually becoming your reality?

S 250/C179/G154(not obese):biggrin2:

5'6"

Oh I am so with you. I still walk to my car some days and think DANG Karri if you could just lose those 100 pounds you would look amazing. Then I have to stop and think...uhhhhh you don't have 100 pounds to lose you have ONE pound. Really I have 11, but my lap band doc doesn't want me to lose much more because he is afraid I am going to start compromising muscle tone because with the exception of my Jabba the Hut belly that has formed due to excess skin, I am pretty thin. I put on a size 8 pair of pants the other day and totally broke down into tears. I have NEVER been in single digits since I was probably in size 6 month clothing!! My mind has not caught up with my body, but I think that it will slowly will. My end goal will still not have me at a "healthy" BMI but I am really muscular so I don't really care, I am just happy with where I am now. Okay I gotta go the kids are streaming in.

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the weight loss! It just blows my mind sometimes, it hasn't been all roses, but the result is worth it and sometimes it is just nice to put all worries of excess skin, sliming, etc. behind and say hey, we did this Yea for us!

My first fun run of any distance was 7.5km in the Melbourne marathon in October 2006. I crossed the finish line staggering, but bawling my eyes out, it was really embarrassing. I bawled the whole last kilometre down St Kilda Rd, lol. People kept asking me who I was runnign for (since fun runs are usually for charity), lol.

That was probably my most significant moment.

But I wanted to cry yesterday trying on bras. Where on earth did my boobs go?

I know exactly how you feel-I have lost my pounds so fast my mind can't keep up with my body. I still have about 50 pounds to be in the healthy category, but it is hard to think about being thinner than I am now. It catches me by surprise a lot and it makes me cry! :bolt:

Edited by trystelle

Sometimes this seems like a dream. I got tears in my eyes the other day when I told my DH that I only need to lose another 25-30 pounds before I'm in the healthy weight catergory and it just came up and bit me out of nowhere how significant this is to me and I started to get tears in my eyes(overwhelming happy tears). It's always been like 'I need to lose 100 pounds-but I'd be happy with a starting goal of under 200'. I have been overweight my whole life-weighed about 180 in highschool, got pregnant, gained 60 pounds and more over subsequent babies and life of munching to the tune of about 250 pounds. I was banded in 8/07 and am down to 179 today. 71 pounds lost-holy crap if I don't say so myself. I fit into a size 12 in the dressing room the other day and another little choked up moment. I think I was 13 or 14 last time I fit into a 12. I didn't think I'd lose this fast and I think my mind is having a hard time catching up with my body, but this experience has been truly life changing and amazing and I'm so glad I made this decision.

Has anyone else had these overwhelming moments where you are just going along and smack you realize something you've been thinking and dreaming and trying to do for what seems like forever is actually becoming your reality?

S 250/C179/G154(not _iobese):biggrin2:

5'6"

Iagree - now - have 35 lbs to go and I am amazed that it is me I see in the mirror. I don't mean to be vain but I am absolutely amazed at my new body

I told my husband the other day that I no longer have any idea what I look like. I used to look at other women and do a mental evaluation, "she's about my size" . . ." I'm smaller than she is" Stuff like that. Now I have no idea. My scale says I have 13 lb more to lose, but mentally I just don't even know what that means anymore. It's a strange feeling.