Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What food/drink do you miss the most?

Chocolate! I love the stuff. The weight loss center I go to offers a "Health Wise" Hot chocolate mix (I gotta find out if other stores sell this!) and I drink one cup a night to keep my craving for chocolate down (I save one of the Snacks I'm allowed for this, and it's got only 80 calories/15 grams of Protein in it!). Good stuff, but I definitely miss a piece of chocolate candy every now and then. I did sneak a piece of my son's chocolate Easter bunny, and it didn't kill me, lol. :lol: My fear is that if I have a little, I'll start wanting a lot.

I also miss having a glass of wine when my husband and I go out to dinner. I can make healthy food choices, but I really miss that wine. I haven't been brave enough to try it yet. :unsure:

I have always been a diet pepsi girl, but after having my second baby I tried Diet Mountain Dew and was hooked.

I gave up soda last November when I started this process so I have really not craved it..that was until a friend was over and brought a pepsi with her. it was just for a few minutes and the craving was gone...lol

I just miss whole foods and breads. I had my first fill yesterday so I get to try some whole foods real soon. I was on full liquid for 24 hours and I think I'll take it real slow until I'm sure it's going to go down well.

But breads, my precious breads. I miss sandwiches. I miss garlic toast. But the thing I don't miss at all is the extra weight. So, guess I can live without the carbs.

Fountain Diet Coke. Not from a bottle or can...it always tasted the most delicious to me from a fountain, with lots of ice. Haven't had any soda for over two months. Most of the time I don't miss it, but when DH and I go out to a restaurant and he gets his Diet Coke, I want it. :wink_smile:

Soda, especially from the fountain. I gave it up as of Feb 4th, so I've been without for almost 2 months and I still miss and crave it. I used to drink all kinds, Coke, Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Cherry Coke, whatever. No diet though. LOL

I also miss bread. I tried to have a tortilla the other day and it didn't feel very good going down so I'm not trying regular bread anytime soon. Otherwise, everything else goes down pretty well and I don't really deny myself anything, just have a tiny portion if it is bad. I have sugar free pudding and 35 cal fudge bars to help with my chocolate cravings. I know that I won't cope well if I feel denied I just don't overdo it. A small handful of chips (5-6) is way better than 1/2 a bag!

Oh, I forgot to add one thing I really miss--popcorn! I'm scared to try it, plus I don't like it plain. I love lots of butter, especially movie theater butter. A couple of bites would be nice, but like I said, I'm scared it will get stuck so it just isn't worth it.

:wink_smile: I am a beer fan, too, HarleyGirl! I had a glass of red wine a few weeks ago, but I've never liked wine as much as I liked beer -- not much of a drinker anyway, but on occasion it is nice. Oh well, I'll have to get used to it.

What I miss:

Lots of pita bread dipped in hummus..

Garlic bread with a big boal of my famous bowtie spagetti and sauce..

Pepperoni and olive thin crust pizza...

I dont care about sodas or beer or champagne..I never really had any of that stuff anyway..

Somebody mentioned popcorn.. I did try a handfull of un-buttered popcorn about two weeks ago and had no problems with it, but I was WIDE OPEN and hadn't gotten my first fill yet. I probalby wouldn't try it with a fill.

I don't miss anything. I can eat popcorn. I can eat bread. I try not to eat those things because they cause me to gain weight.

I could say I miss pizza, but it's been so long since I have had it, I have forgotten about it.

I gave up soda for Water and I don't miss it. That aspertane they put in diet sodas is really bad for us.