Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I'm throwing this random question out there, hopefully not too gross for some of you, but I'm a bit worried...

I've been taking the Alli for about 3 weeks and just when I eat "normal" (a bit on the greasier) food. I've asked my Dr. nurse if it was ok to take 2 of them when I do take them, but no more then 3 per day if that. My question is, my stools are not greasy but the last 2/3 days when I do go, my stools (sorry) are a GREEN in nature. I expected them to be on the loose side but not green. I've stopped taking them to give my body a couple of days rest, but I really don't want to stop taking them because they've really helped me.

Like I said, I'm sorry if this is TMI, but it is worrying me. Just wanted to know if anyone else had this same problem.:puke:

Don't know, but I took Alli just for that effect, as you may have heard many go thru Constipation with dieting...and with the band.

Didn't work a bit and I took 3 a day for weeks. Guess my fat intake wasn't high enough....hmmm...maybe I should try Atkins or something to see if a higher fat diet would work.....

any thoughts?

Have you tried Fiber One Cereal or laxative tea?? they both work great for me. I drink this tea called KleriTea, I got it online with this colon cleanse stuff and I drink one cup of that before bed and bam.. I'm good in the morning. And sometimes I eat Fiber One cereal and that does the trick too.

Hi,

I drink the same tea as coolcrystal and I love it! I am not banded yet, but it's great for getting rid of the extra stuff! Any way to answer your question about Alli... I think it should be fine to take 2. I got a prescription for Orlistat which is a stronger version of Alli. It is double the strength and I am fine. I took Alli and I saw nothing, now I take Orlistat and sorry to be gross, but I see grease in my stools... This is going to sound really bad, but after you go to the bathroom you should see the grease in the Water and sometimes it's orange in color! Ick!

Rascal76 and all others, thanks for the replies. :blush: I talked to the nurse today at the Dr office and after I got to decribe (fun...not) my stools to her, she told me to back off of taking 2 of them. Now I'm thinking that maybe I'll get them to give me a RX for the Zenical, I was just trying to avoid that because of the cost factor.

Ok, I'm throwing this random question out there, hopefully not too gross for some of you, but I'm a bit worried...

I've been taking the Alli for about 3 weeks and just when I eat "normal" (a bit on the greasier) food. I've asked my Dr. nurse if it was ok to take 2 of them when I do take them, but no more then 3 per day if that. My question is, my stools are not greasy but the last 2/3 days when I do go, my stools (sorry) are a GREEN in nature. I expected them to be on the loose side but not green. I've stopped taking them to give my body a couple of days rest, but I really don't want to stop taking them because they've really helped me.

Like I said, I'm sorry if this is TMI, but it is worrying me. Just wanted to know if anyone else had this same problem.:blush:

lol its not gross... i take the prescreption strength Xenical and the Alli is 1/2 of the prescribed dose so it wont hurt u at all. The one that you take will block out 5grams of fat per dose and the one i take will block 10grams per dose. Now mine is oily and it is horriable...lol. but it works... dont worry because whatever is coming out means that it needs to come out.. better out than in....lol..

That's great that you have lost so much weight so fast. Did you have any fears pre-op? I weigh 280 and am 5'1". I am so scared that the band won't work for me...

I took Alli for a little while and noticed the orange "pizza grease" in the toilet. But I've never had green stool. Did the nurse say what it was from? Other then the grease, the only other thing was it felt like I always had to GO to the bathroom. Did you ever feel that?

Also...does anyone know if you can take Alli with the band?

I was wondering the same thing as BabyNicole: can you talk Alli when you are banded?

I don't see why not... fat is fat.. and when u take the Xenical or Alli it just blocks the fat thats all nothing else.. I plan on taking mine after i am banded..

I did'nt know you could take Alli after you're banded. Will it hurt your pouch or stomach?

When i go in to do my blood work and everything I will ask. I am assuming that it shouldn't hurt seeing that we eat fat and it is just pushing it out of our system so it wont be digested... Now i would think it would hurt if i had bypass sugery.. because the intestines are re-routed ... hmmm just a thought.. but i will def. ask..:unsure:

Ok, so I did end up doing a google on "Green Stool" and I've come to the conclusion after reading there that the reason for this is because the poop is moving thru my "track" to fast to collect any bile and it's the bile that make our wonderful stool brownish in color. So I'm resting much easier now, and back to taking them like I was.

Hope everything is good for everyone, I finally went out last night and got a scale, I think when I went to the cardic Dr. last month they weighed me wrong because it would have meant that I had lost 10 lbs in a week, and I know I hadn't been doing all that much to lose that much so fast. But at least now I can keep track of the weight on a more persistent:tt2: basis instead of only weighing once a month.