Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Exercise Challenge

Alright here are the pictures... The quality is not the greatest, but you can still see how UGLY the surroundings are around here. Everything is brown.:smile2: We all got BRIGHT orange t-shirts as a souvenier for running the 5K. Kind of made us look like we were escaping from jail down a not quite opened freeway! We are getting a new bypass through our "big metropolis" and it opens on Monday, so the local gym sponsered this run.

While I was not the fastest person by any means I was one of the VERY few runners. Most people walked it, and most of those that started out running did not do it the whole time. But I did! Didn't stop once. My goal for next weekend is another personal best. I would like to be under 33:00. It might just be possible because it is at lower altitude and hopefully I can get more oxygen!

Attached Images13322d1209265421-lucky-sevens-july-07-bandsters-redmond-fun-run-5k.jpg

Way to go Salsa!! Great pictures! I am so happy for you!

We had a successful tricky tray for the Squad and raised $6000. I am so glad it is over. Took a shorter walk yesterday and my girlfriends and I went for massages. Boy, did we need it!

Congrats Salsa! Great job.

Jody, I don't know what a tricky tray is, but congrats on having a successful one, lol. Ahhh, the massage was a good idea.

I got my cardio in this morning at the hotel.

Crazy Ates April Exercise Challenge

18/20 Exercise Sessions 6/8 Weight Training Sessions

Finally got the computer back up and running. I've been able to manage getting in my exercise, but wont make my monthly goal days......

Work and stuff really got in the way this month. Maybe I need to retire...LOL

Did some nice trikke riding this weekend and am gearing up for a 30 mile trikke ride from Clearwater to Tampa, along the trails and bridges. Now if I can manage to get the scale moving again, Onderland is just around the corner, but its a long corner.......Congrats to all for keeping up with thier exercise plans. I know how hard it can be, but no more excuses for me in May. I'm gonna up it all and go all out

I'm taking it down to the wire again, but I will meet the April challenge. I lifted weights today. I'll finish up my cardio the next two days and lift weights again on Wednesday. I do like the changes that are resulting from the strength training.

I'm not going to lie, this kind of discipline is still a challenge for me. I won't be winning any races, but I really am proud of the fact that I am staying active and actually planning for exercise. That's huge for this 50 year old! I feared I might be too old, out of shape, and set in my ways. Not so! I think I'm more fit now than I've been in at least 25 years.

Hey Dave, You're still doing great and staying active. A temporary stall on the scale is natural and nothing to worry about. I'm completely confident that you'll get the scale moving in the right direction. You are getting so close to goal. If you are able to lose one pound a week, you'll be at goal by year end! Woo Hoo!! You can do that!

Now that your computer is working again, I hope you'll check in regularly. You know you've got a fan club here cheering for you.

I got in a 3.25 mile run tonight before I pulled up with my first injury. My foot is really hurting. It was giving me problems Friday, but seemed to be fine Saturday during the run and yesterday during our tennis match, but today I ended up walking the last 3/4 of a mile. NOT happy since I soooo want to be below 30 min on Sunday. I have a plan to work my legs this week without putting too much stress on the foot. Hopefully that will work.

Glad your back Dave...We miss you.

Becky you always do so amazing! You really are an inspiration! BTW have you decided on a PS yet?

Well, I got in late on April, but have totally blown the rest of this month. I ordered a bodybugg that should be here by the end of the week. I am hoping it will help me kick my butt in gear. I will definately be hitting in hard in may

Hi Renewedhope. Glad you checked in. I've heard the BodyBugg is very helpful. I hope you like it. I suggest setting a very reasonable, doable goal for exercise in May. It feels better to meet or exceed your goal than it does to miss the mark. But do set a goal and work hard to achieve it.

Salsa, yes as a matter of fact, I did just (yesterday) set a date for my ps. Its June 12! Hallelujah! I'll post more details later today when I have more time. I'm sorry to hear about your foot pain. I've had some foot problems in the past and it can be really debilitating. Feet are really complicated. What are your symptoms?

I did my hour of cardio this am.

19/20 Exercise Sessions 7/8 Weight Training Sessions

Edited by TexasBecky

I just wanted to log in quick to say how motivated I get when I am active with this group. I have been so busy and some bad habits came back quickly and exercise went by the wayside. I may not lose as quick as some but you always make me feel welcome.

Just wanted to say THANKS!!:lol::thankyou::w00t:

Will post my exercise later!

Hi Renewedhope. Glad you checked in. I've heard the BodyBugg is very helpful. I hope you like it. I suggest setting a very reasonable, doable goal for exercise in May. It feels better to meet or exceed your goal than it does to miss the mark. But do set a goal and work hard to achieve it.

Salsa, yes as a matter of fact, I did just (yesterday) set a date for my ps. Its June 12! Hallelujah! I'll post more details later today when I have more time. I'm sorry to hear about your foot pain. I've had some foot problems in the past and it can be really debilitating. Feet are really complicated. What are your symptoms?

My foot is huring along the outside edge of the right food. It hurts if I put a lot of repeated pressure on it...like running or if I twist the foot. I am pretty sure that I have strained or sprained the tendon/muscles in there. I rested it today and did not go to the gym. However tomorrow I am going to do a combo of eliptical and bike to keep my legs at the level they need to be for the run on Sunday.

Exciting to hear about the PS date.. I am jealous...everyone is having it before me!!! But I had to wait because of my job!

Salsa, be careful with your foot. If it is still hurting, don't push your luck. It could be a sprain, but it might also be a stress fracture. Probably not, but you don't want to make it worse and set yourself back for a long time. If it hurts don't do it.

Jody, I'm glad you got back out on the trail. Life gets in the way sometimes, but the important thing is that you got right back on course. You may be losing more slowly than some, but you are losing and getting fit. So what if it takes you a little longer? You are still going to get to goal and in the mean time, you are making some great new habits. Keep it up.

I just barely made goal this month. If I hadn't pushed myself these last few days I wouldn't have made it. I did cardio this morning and just finished weight training this evening. See you all next month on the May Exercise Thread.

20/20 Exercise Sessions 8/8 Weight Training Sessions

I am going to the doctor tomorrow about my foot. I am not running on it this week, but doing eliptical and bike instead to keep my legs moving. I talked to the athletic trainer at my high school today and he is pretty convinced it is a small stress fracture. So I am going to break down and go to the doc tomorrow. The trainer did say that bike and eliptical was fine.

On an exercise note I did an hour on the eliptical and a 1/2 hour on the bike. I am pooped....and starving. This is when being totally unfilled kinda kicks my butt. I have eaten my allotted 1500 calories so the rest of the evening is going to be filled with will power, will power and more will power!

Salsa, glad you are taking care of that foot.

I did my 4.5 miles yesterday. What a rough month. I let too many things get in the way. Look out May!