Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I gained 6 more lbs.

Lovely Much?

So now, I'm 313.

I hate this so fuxking much, it's not even funny.

I'm 15, and I'm getting my band this summer.

I'm supposed to be loosing, not gaining.

I'm type 2 diabetic, also.

But, I'm scared to go back and I can see their faces already.

There's this one nurse that, that I really think just hates me.

She made the comment last time "Your not pretty now, but you will be soon." :l

I just looked at her like "and you have room to talk?"

I know she'll make another comment or something when I go back.

I don't know what to do.

I'm ALWAYS hungry.

Why? Why can't I feel when I'm full?

I'm going to try my hardest to loose the weight by next Monday.

Idk what I'm going to do, I'm scared out of my mind.

Don't get my wrong, I REALLLLLLLLLLLY want this surgery.

But if they see I'm gaining, I don't know what's going to happen. :confused2:

Any sugestions, or anything you have to say is welcome with me.

Oh, sweetie! My heart breaks for you! I agree that you need to get things under control, as the band is only a tool to help you. However, the nurse should be helping you through the process, and that comment was not helpful. I doubt very seriously that she hates you...she just needs better bedside manner...just like a doctor should have. Maybe even more so. Sometimes the doctor may have to play the role of "Bad Cop" and be stern about your behaviors, and it helps if the nurse can play a little "Good Cop" while still reinforcing the docs orders. Try to ignore those comments for now and keep your eye on your goal of getting through the process to getting banded. Take care of yourself, your health is too important. No matter what, I'm sure you are beautiful! Now you just need to get healthy.

To start recognizing "fullness", maybe you could practice some bandster behaviors now? Try eating small bites, putting your fork down completely in between bites, chew at least 30 times before swallowing, wait a few minutes before taking another bite. Really pay attention to your body and try to "feel" every bite. You might search for articles on the internet that discuss "Mindful Eating" to explain this further. Also, I used Calorie Counter - Free Online Diet Journal to track everything I put in my mouth after being banded. After about six months of that, I pretty much KNOW what I am consuming without tracking it. Some folks get it down sooner than I did, and some folks need to continue a food log indefinitely. The site I used has a free account option, too, and there are several other sites to do the tracking for free. Just find one you like and stick with it. It's good to get into the habit.

To get you started, here's a couple links on Mindful Eating:

Welcome to the CAMP System

Mindful Eating

The Basic Mindful Bite

I'm sure your doctor and his office can provide information on this, as well.

Don't give up! Keep posting when you need support, that's why this site is here!

Stefanie

Thank you :thumbup:

Your absoulutely right on everything that you wrote.

I really appreciate you taking your time to talk to me about this. :tt2:

I'm using that calorie tracker now, so thank you for you showing me that.

Congrats on loosing that weight!!!

Oh, btw, how long have you been banded??

-Nicole.

Hey, Nicole! No problem...that's what I love about this place...all the readily available support. PM me if you ever have a question or if you just need a shoulder to cry on...but if you do that, I want to hear about the good stuff, too! I live for it!

I'm glad you found that site and are using it. I won't lie to you...most folks will find it a pain in the tucas to log everything they eat every single day, but you cannot behave like "most folks" if you want to get healthy. I had to do it, for sure. I never dieted in my life before banding and had no clue how much I was eating, so keeping a food log was priceless for me!

Thanks for the congrats! I have been banded just shy of ten months now. It is the best decision I've ever made for myself!

Take good care, Stefanie

I would suggest that you carefully count your carbs as well as calories. Check out some diabetic eating web sites for the recommended amount of carbs that you should eat at each meal ( for weight loss, not weight maintenance). I believe if you keep the carbs to no more than 25 gms per meal that could help. Have Protein and two veggies at each meal and then a small portion of a carb.

nikki you also need to add some exercise. Just walking 10 min and increase if 5 min a week. Or you can go to you local y and do Water exercises which will be easier on you joints. I do jumping jacks in the water and other stuff or you can do just water walking . Any exercise will surely help.

Good luck!!!! Just look toward the future and a new thinner, healthier you!!!!