Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fallen from grace...

well, i had my surgery morning of 3/27, and my doctor wanted me on liquids for 6-8 days. well this evening i was incredibly hungry, and i ate not quite a cup of Bush's baked Beans that i smushed into a yogurt. 5 days after surgery and i already screwed up. someone tell me that was foolish??? (even though i was incredibly aware of it to begin with :smile:)

i want to be so comitted to this. but i was so hungry and messed up. anyone else out there thats been weak???:)

Well, I was already eating Taco Bueno's refried Beans by day 5. My doctor said it was fine. I guess all doctors are different, but I have a pretty good feeling you'll be fine. I was having cream Soups by day 3 and those beans on day 5, tuna and crackers on day 7 (very well chewed) and so forth. Shoot, I've seen some people who said they were eating scrambled eggs (doctor allowed) on the second day. There's no way I could have done that...!!

Definitely follow your doctor's instructions. I'm sure you didn't do any damage but go back to liquids. Is yogurt on your liquid list because it was on mine and it filled me up the first few days after surgery. If you are going to go off the plan call your doctor and tell them you are struggling and see what they suggest. Every doctor had different post-op diets. I was only on liquids for 2 days and then on to soft foods.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Edited by Skinny_Jill

Lifechange

Ok you messed up - now pick yourself up and dust off your butt and get back on the Band Wagon - You must follow your doctors orders and only your doctors - not someone else who allows them to eat right after surgery..

The whole reason for not eating is to allow your stomach to heal around the band where it was stiched - you don't want to cause a slip.

You ate Beans with yogurt ??? OMW that sounds just gross:tongue: - you must have been desparate :)- but that's still no excuse -:smile: can you have creamed Soup - potatoe Soups & creamed soups were a life saver for me -

Can you have sf fudgecicles - popcicles those you do bite and sort of eat - you can make a pot of Beans - after they cook take the beans out run them thru the blender and add them back to the broth - you have cream of bean Soup and it is really good and satisfing

You can do this - please know that even with the band you do have to have will power - the will power to change your eating habit and follow the rules.. You can do this - just but on your big girl boots and keep on stepping in the right direction..

Lifechange...Next time you feel that craving to eat, go make yourself a Protein shake. Have two if you have to. They make you feel full and you wont feel guilty afterwards or worry about harming your band.

You need time to heal and when you eat, your stomach contracts during digestion and can result in a slipped band.

You can do it!

lol!! no i didnt add yogurt to the beans! i just squished the Beans down to a liquid.

and you know what guys? i am eating some serious HUMBLE PIE! before i was banded, i came in this forum and would be appalled by people that cheated or ate something they shouldnt on the post op diet for the first 2 weeks. i had gotten myself so prepared for this in every other way but emotionally. goes to show ya that you can never judge other people, because unless ur in their shoes... you dont have any idea what u would do

so heres to second chances, and pulling my head out of my ass! thanks to all of you so much for reminding me where my focus needs to be...

I was eating mushies by day 5. Everyone is different, don't beat yourself up, you will be fine.

lol!! no i didnt add yogurt to the beans! i just squished the Beans down to a liquid.

and you know what guys? i am eating some serious HUMBLE PIE! before i was banded, i came in this forum and would be appalled by people that cheated or ate something they shouldnt on the post op diet for the first 2 weeks. i had gotten myself so prepared for this in every other way but emotionally. goes to show ya that you can never judge other people, because unless ur in their shoes... you dont have any idea what u would do

so heres to second chances, and pulling my head out of my ass! thanks to all of you so much for reminding me where my focus needs to be...

Yep - we aren't perfect - and this whole thing takes a lot of pratice -

Just focus - this battle is more mental than phyiscal imho - you can do it - just gotta get your mind wrapped around it..

Sure glad that you didn't eat baked Beans & yogurt :puke:

You should be fine. Humble pie doesn't taste so good, huh? We are all individuals with our own struggles.

Do as your doctor ordered. You'll be alright.

don't worry,,, you don't have any restriction yet. I've had 1.65 cc in my band and am still hungry all the time. they say you will hit a "sweet spot". and the weight will start coming off and you won't feel so hungry all the time. I can't wait for that. give your self time to adjust to the band and healing before worring about weight loss.

Just pick yourself up and start over again, follow your surgeon's directions.

You too can do this! :puke:

Oh and I thought you meant Beans into yogurt too and was like... eww haha

This probably sounds dumb, but it has helped me. Hunger has no intellect. In some ways it is like a spoiled child who has been used to getting it's way.

I have the intellect. I decide if I need to be fed, not the habit of hunger.

Hunger won't hurt you, and it doesn't necessarily need to be satisfied.

I think that after being obese for so long and satisfying every whim of hunger, the "hunger button" doesn't work so well anymore. I don't believe it is a reliable gauge of needing fuel, in the physical sense.

Hang in there and put on your pith helmut and go into that cage and tame that lion. You can do it!:puke:

Don't beat yourself up about this.

You should stay close to your doctor thru all this.

I was on normal food by weeks end, mushies like what you had on day 2. Hope that puts things into perspective for you.

Failure comes with quitting. Falling off the horse, well...everyone does. But you get right back up there!

This probably sounds dumb, but it has helped me. Hunger has no intellect. In some ways it is like a spoiled child who has been used to getting it's way.

I have the intellect. I decide if I need to be fed, not the habit of hunger.

Hunger won't hurt you, and it doesn't necessarily need to be satisfied.

I think that after being obese for so long and satisfying every whim of hunger, the "hunger button" doesn't work so well anymore. I don't believe it is a reliable gauge of needing fuel, in the physical sense.

Hang in there and put on your pith helmut and go into that cage and tame that lion. You can do it!:puke:

Love it! Wow! Very profound.