Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was such a diet pepsi and diet dr pepper freek, now I am hooked on diet peach snapple, not sure if thats good or not, surgery is scheduled for May 13th Now I have to get used to drinking more Water. That's going to be the hard part. Any suggestions?

Carol LV

It's not as hard as you think to give up carbonation. Every now and then, I just have to have a sip of one, but for the most part I stick to the Diet Lipton teas or Crystal Light. You can mix Diet drinks in the blender with vanilla Protein Shake mix and it will taste like a float. The blender takes all the carbonation out. Good luck with your band!

I had to wean myself. I drank 1 liter of Pepsi each day during the week and closer to 2 liters a day on the weekends. I loved fountain so thats what I gave up first...replaced it with bottled for a week. Then I replaced the bottled with canned (my least favorite). I didn't even need a full week of canned, it tasted odd and I never finished a full can. So surgery day I had been caffeine and bubble free for almost a month. The night before surgery I took a sip of my husband's Mt Dew..... it just wasn't the same even more. Yuck!

Diet Coke addict here!

I tried several times to quit since deciding to get the band.

I am still in pre band stages and hopefully I will quit when time comes.

I am either addicted to the aspartame or the caffeine.

Can you be addicted to fizz? lol

I never really liked Diet drinks but I did like to have a regular Coke. Someone told me that I could still have a Coke icee as there was no carbonation. I checked online and apparently Icees don't have any carbonation. They, of course, still have the empty calories, but if you're just dying for a Coke it makes a pretty good substitute. I just feel better knowing there is something out there when I REALLY feel the need for a Coke!

did you all know that in the old days they use to make coke cola with cocaine... here is the link...lol check it out.. Urban Legends Reference Pages: Cocaine in Coca-Cola

Oh and you can also remove rust with Coke...lol

[ame=http://www.metacafe.com/watch/795135/the_coca_cola_remove_the_rust/]The Coca Cola Remove The Rust? Video - Metacafe[/ame]

Now I use to love Coke.. exp. Cherry Coke.. but when i found out all of the other benifits.. i switched to pepsi.. not like its any better...lol.. oh well i guess filtered Water will be best...lol.. just a little inspiration to kick the coke habit...lol

I was a huge coke addict. When I first started looking into the band I stopped the coke cold turkey. I knew this would be the hardest hurdle to cross when I made the decision to get my band. I drank a coke the day before my surgery (after four months off of them) and it didn't really taste all that good. Since I stopped drinking them, I have more energy, am sleeping better, wake up more alert, etc. Crystal light, iced Decaf tea, and plain Water taste great now.