Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

quick question...what is ' bandster hell'

Hi yall im not banded yet but i hear alot about bandster hell...when is that and how long does it last? thanks for your help guys :thumbup:

it is when you have your band with no real restiction yet, and you are trying to keep in the losing side of the scale. we all go thru it untill we have a fill/find the sweet spot. some find that easier than others. hope that helps. g2s

it is when you have your band with no real restiction yet, and you are trying to keep in the losing side of the scale. we all go thru it untill we have a fill/find the sweet spot. some find that easier than others. hope that helps. g2s

Thanks for the quick repsonse Girlie..that makes sense ...its easy for me to say this now becouse im not banded but i think i could handle bandster hell...now that i know what it means...thanks again

yah you can do it. newly banded there is some restriction, we had none before. this "hell" just allows us to make better choices so when there is the real deal restriction we aren't having "issues." i am sure i could eat more than my 1/2-1 cup of food per meal but I don't risk stretching my pouch. i have been fortunate to not have any bad experiences this far, so I will continue to keep that mind set, it works for me. we all have temptations just keep in mind the "smaller is better than none" concept. my mom got a box of see's candy from my sister for a birthday gift. I had one with the rationalization that eating one is living normal. And I am good with that. so there is my soap box moment. g2s

I always knew the best part of Utah was in my rearview mirror.........

Justicenyce I stand corrected, not everyone goes thru "bandster hell."

For me, bandster hell was when I had no fill yet and could eat more than I could the first two weeks I was banded and I fell into a state of depression because I wasn't losing any weight. My husband kindly told me that I wasn't gaining either. THough I would go up two pounds and then down two pounds.. up and down during those two weeks. It was awful. I have finally gotten out of that plateau since being filled though. Stupidly, despite how many times Losingjusme told me that that time was for healing and not losing, I still got upset over it when I shouldn't have.

LOL ....

and not everyone goes through their band being so tight, they have serious issues....

once you receive proper restriction, it becomes much easier... hang in there, you can do it.

I didn't have it but then again, I PBed 3 days post-op. Whoopsie.

For me bandster hell has to be something like -- I have to yak, and the only stall open is the one someone smeared poo on.

I didn't have it but then again, I PBed 3 days post-op. Whoopsie.

For me bandster hell has to be something like -- I have to yak, and the only stall open is the one someone smeared poo on.

OMG, Wheetsin....that made me snarf!!!

justicenyce....I was almost two months out before I got my first fill and the "bandster hell" wasn't too bad for me. I think I ended up gaining like 2 lbs that last week or two, but knew -- thanks to LBT -- that it wasn't a problem.

You'll be fine. It's more of a MIND GAME than anything.

Thanks Girlie and everybody else for your experiances . Crossing fingers i get banded in June/July. :thumbup: