Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so i had my band 2/28...i've lost about 11 lbs...compared to some people not so good, for me...well it's really good. so anyway my question is his...i read on here all the time that people have a hard time eating "reall food"...i've really never had a problem...if i start eating too much my band lets me know and i stop but i guess i've never had the problem that people on here talking about of trying to swollow their first piece of chicken...is this normal?? does anyone else have an easy time eating anything? because seriously i can eat anything...nothing bothers me...???

Well, the question is, have you had your first fill yet? you and I were banded around the same time and I didn't get my first fill till tuesday. Before that I could have eaten whatever I wanted too. but even after my fill I can still eat whatever I want comfortably just smaller portions. I had chicken earlier for dinner and had it with no problems. Getting the band doesn't mean you can't eat anymore. Most people can still eat anything with the exception of a few things that cause issues and its great when you have that perfect restriction that allows you to get all your Protein and veggies in. So, don't worry, I think you're doing great and once you get your fill (if you haven't already) then you'll feel that restriction you probably need.

most don't feel real restriction until after the 3rd fill. I was still able to eat chicken until about my 4th fill. Now I either can't eat certain things or for example with chicken I have to make sure it is with some kind of sauce and eat teenytiny bites.

i get my first fill next monday, april 7th, they make you wait 6 weeks. i was told my band is a new one that already has 4ccs in it? but thanks hopefully i'll feel it once i get a fill!

Sometimes they give you a little fill to start. My band holds 10cc and I didn't feel good restriction until about I was at 6cc fill.

It kind of depends. I could eat anything and didn't have to worry to much about the size of my bites and stuff until my 5th fill, when I reached my sweet spot. Now I have to be pretty careful or I will have undesirable consequences. (PB's) That said, you are supposed to be able to eat just about anything. The thing is when you are properly restricted you have to eat differently - more carefully. You might not be that tight yet since you are only about 1 month out from surgery. I don't know how filled you are. That makes a huge difference. Remember...you should never be too tight that all normal food is too hard to get down. You should always be able to eat solid food like chicken. You just might need to eat really small bites.

Hi,

I have been banded for 7 years and in the first months after my op, i had a lot of trouble. But that settled and even when my band was tightened i could eat anything, i still can and love it! lol

I think its a wonderful thing for you that you dont have trouble with food, it just means your gut isn't as sensitive as others.

The positive is that you can get all the Vitamins you need YAY.

So, enjoy it cause it may not last forever

Bel

Bel-you've been banded since you were 15, is that right?

Feeling like I can eat anything scares me..I could eat anything before and look where it got me? So in a way I feel like...is this really working/doing anything for me?

I got my band Feb 8th and have one fill. I am afraid to get another one. I think I am still having trouble giving up food. I have some restriction now but I think it would be better if it was a little tighter. I try hard to stop when I feel pressure but am not always successful. I am still losing very slowly. Is it best to forge ahead with another fill? I am a chicken. I am afraid. Any thoughts from anyone?:confused2:

can you still eat anything taz? does anything bother you?

I can still eat anything. I do feel some restriction and can eat less than before my first fill. Then it was like no surgery had taken place and I was beginning to eat like that again too. My husband was about to have a hissy fit. He kept saying I needed to stop eating, then I needed to stop at least after my fill. It has slowed. I am trying to listen to my body more. I have never PBed or thrown up. The only time I had trouble after my fill was when I took two of my pills at one. They kind of stuck for a second. I just forgot to chop them up first.:tt1: Anyway, maybe I'm still afraid of losing my friend/food who has always been there for me.:cursing:

The point is you can eat everything, just not a ton of it. My problem was always portion size. I couldn't just eat a cookie, I had to have twelve. I couldn't just eat half a restaurant meal, I had to finish the whole thing. The band helps me with my portion sizes. So I don't feel deprived, like there are all these foods I have to avoid, but I eat a little and feel full. I can go out with a group of people and not feel singled out by saying "Oh, I can't have that".

Feeling like I can eat anything scares me..I could eat anything before and look where it got me? So in a way I feel like...is this really working/doing anything for me?

The important thing isn't what you can eat but how much you can eat. I can eat just about anything but smaller portions than before. bread is my only problem food but I can still eat a little bit of it. The band should help you control your portions. You will have more restriction after you get a fill or two. Don't panic because what you are going through is completely normal.