Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Altoona, PA

Hi Everyone,

Am I ever glad I found this site. I just need some people to talk to that are not so judgemental. I have attended the free seminar, seen the nutitionist, have seen my primary doctor for five of the sixth months the insurance requires and had my psyche eval done yesterday. Off to the sugeon Monday for my one on one.

So many people are telling me not to have it done. I am 45 yrs old, 295 lbs. 5'3". I have no health problems of people that are obese but that is only a matter of time. I am not kidding myself. Why would people that are my friends keep telling me not to do this? I want to see my 13 year old grow up, go to college, get married, etc. I just want to be normal. They asked if I had a goal weight in mind. I don't. I have a look weight in mind. My goal is to be able to put on a pair of regular zip up jeans and not have the "muffin" look. You know, the stuff hanging out over the jeans.

Oh well, like I said, great to have found you all.

Welcome to another Pennsylvanian! Don't listen to anyone but yourself and your doctor. The Lapband is the best thing that I ever did for myself. I refused to listen to naysayers. It was tough but I was determined!!! You are young and you have a long life ahead of you.....make the most of it!!!!!

Judi

Hey Altoona, it's Slippery Rock here!!!

I had to do exactly the same as you did (I have UPMC) and long about the second month, the girls in my office started giving me grief about how I should be able to lose weight on my own. (And they knew I work out four days a week!) So it got to the place where by the third month, I wasn't telling them about anything that was happening in my "surgery world". :huh2: Their comments did get worse when surgery was coming up, but guess what?

Now they are so supportive and they see I'm living a quasi-normal life and can eat most of the same things--just portion controlled!! And they are so happy for me!

What I'm saying is you have to live for yourself--and everyone will come around. If they don't, they weren't your real friend in the first place, girl!

Good to have you on board...:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches