Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

These Fills are discouraging me....

I had my surgery on Jan 14th 2008. In the first 10 days I lost 13 pounds....now that I am 10.5 weeks out I have only lost 12 pounds. I have a 10 CC band and I have 4.5 CCs in it. I am eating hardley 800 calories a day...shouldnt I be loosing A LOT more weight than I have? I know people that are doing Jenny Craig that are loosing faster than me and I had surgery!!!!!:blush:

I had my 4th (or 5th, can't remember exactly) fill yesterday and am hoping the restriction will last longer than a week. Quite a few people have had the same experience, not losing much after the initial post-op. Just hang in there and, hopefully, it will change. How many fills have you had? Remember, the LapBand is only a tool, most of us don't lose much weight at first, it's really important to watch your portion sizes. Good luck, I hope you do better.

:blush: Laura

I'm not a doctor or anything, but it sounds like you aren't eating enough calories. It sounds like your body is in starvation mode and you need to shock it back into place. I know it sounds weird, but one time when my body did this because I was only eating 600-800 calories a day I ate a fajita and some chips and dropped two pounds ... it was the weirdest thing, but even the trainer on biggest loser said that once a week the contestants eat something "bad" and it keeps them from going into starvation mode. 800 calories is definitely not enough food intake. Up it to like 1000 or 1100. Especially if you are working out!

thanks...I have had 2 fills. Fill number one was 3CCs and Fill number 2 was 1.5 CCs for a total of 4.5 CCs. I am watching my portions and am eating around 800 calories a day...prior to surgery I was eating around 2000 a day....

I had my surgery on Jan 14th 2008. In the first 10 days I lost 13 pounds....now that I am 10.5 weeks out I have only lost 12 pounds. So have you now gained 2 pound (was at 13 lost, now only at 12) or have you lost 25 total? If you're 10.5 weeks out and have lost 25 lbs, that's pretty good. Even 13 lbs (looking at your ticker) is close to 20% of your excess weight.

I have a 10 CC band and I have 4.5 CCs in it. I am eating hardley 800 calories a day...shouldnt I be loosing A LOT more weight than I have? One would think that at 800 calories weight might be coming off quicker, but this could be impacted by a lot of things. One is hidden calories -- the ones we get without realizing we're eating them. This really skewed my numbers early on, even though I just knew I was being detailed and accurate. Another thing is your activity level and metabolism, bmr, etc.

I know people that are doing Jenny Craig that are loosing faster than me and I had surgery!!!!!:blush:You really, really can't compare your loss to anyone else's, regardless of how they're doing it. We all lose different amounts at very different rates. Comparing to people doing "better" will just make you feel worse about what you're doing, when you really need to just focus on "you".

r u eating the correct foods and r u on a carb free diet I am on this and I ahd surgery in Sept. 2007 and I exercise daily and walk and I have lost over 80 pounds I have a 10 cc band and I had 4 1/2 worth of fills but I got sik with the flu and my stomach swelled around my band so the Dr. had to remove a little bit this past week but he said next week he will fill me up again.

I have been sick with the flu and could not eat nor drink for over a week, yes I lost weight and not becasue I wasnted too well at least not from being sick and dehydrating. But I can see my weight come off when I eat better than normal. Some would think or say hey your going to gain and well I have always lost. I don't eat any breads or starches of any kind and my sweets are very limited if any at all and well I have not had a soda since last April 2007. I drink my Protein Drink 3 times a day and if I get sluggish I bump it up to a bit more per glass as per the nurse.