Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for 3/3/08 bandsters

Hi, I was wondering how you guys are doing? I'm doing pretty good I guess. When are you guys getting your first fill? I have to go in on 4/2 to get blood work then see my Dr. on 4/10. I wonder if I'll get a fill then? What are guys eating on an average day for Breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Moving this to March since you're wanting feedback from such a small audience.

hi all.. hope you're doing well. i posted this on the master thread, but just i'd add it here too.

"hi all... was banded on 3/3 and got my first fill today. yup, it's earlier than normal. but part of the reason i chose my doc was that he was a bit aggressive than most and also because he doesn't charge for fills--ever. on his advice, i tested my tolerance this week with solid food. (fenton, as a foodie you might appreciate my dinner at ouest last night: casarecce Pasta with fennel sausage and braised pork) don't worry! i had the appetizer portion.

but i digress... i've read elsewhere on these boards that fills are fairly easy and painless procedures. while mine was pretty much pain free (thanks to a little medication), it wasn't easy. my surgeon doesn't typically do fills, instead he has associates do them. they're all pretty competent, but the one who handled my fill today had the darndest time finding the center of my port. i could feel the needle sliding off its rigid edge of. it was an odd, but not a painful sensation. anyway after 10 pokes, she called in the other doctor who did manage to find the port and add 1cc to the 3ccs they put in during surgery. it took another 10 pokes! it didn't hurt at the time, but now that the pain med is wearing off, i'm feeling a little sore. ouch. the obligatory cup of post-fill Water went down fine and i'm hoping the added boost will chase away the hunger pains i had been feeling while also helping me finally get out of the 270s!

wish me luck until my next doctor's visit in 2 weeks!"

Hi! I was banded on March 4 and am getting my first fill April 9. I have some mild restriction right now, so I'm looking forward to getting this first fill. I have a 4CC band.:teeth_smile: My surgeon said if his patients feel they need another fill before four weeks, he doesn't mind if they come in sooner. We'll see how it goes! SS

Another March 3rd reporting in.

I am doing well, I suppose. Life is slowly getting back to normal. I go for my first fill on April 18th. :crying:

Hello All,

I was banded March 3rd as well. I have my full appettite back now and I have little to no restriction. I have lost 13 pounds however, my weight loss has definalty halted now that I am eatting solids. I am trying to restrcit what I eat, the problem is I am really hungry now :lol: I am afraid I will gain some weight back.

I get my first fill on April 15th and I cant wait. My DR. does not put saline in the band during surgery, so I have no restriction right now. I am hoping that my first fill will help. I have to be in a wedding in Sept. and I really want to loose a good bit of weight before then!!

Good luck everyone!!

Hi everyone. Banded on March 4th. I have lost 38.4 pounds. Getting first fill on April 24. don't feel the restriction yet, but am eating very low fat and sugar free.< /p>

Great job Bama on your weight loss! I'm stuck at 22 pounds lost since 3/3/08. I hope I get my first fill on the 10th. I feel NO restriction what so ever. The only thing I feel is if I eat to fast my chest will hurt. Good job again on your weight loss!