Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I used Dr. Spiegel and he is awesome! He has amazing experience in what he does and I attend his support groups which are helpful.

Good Luck!

I used Dr. Spiegel & am quite happy w/my decision! He was very thorough in his explanation & has been very helpful in answering all my questions to date. I'm registered for my 1st support group tomorrow. Am looking forward to it. He's mentioned each time I've been in the perks of attending and if it's free, why not???

Good luck with your decision!

I am going to try to go to the support group tonight - just depends on my schedule. It is such a stinkin long drive. But maybe I will see you there!

I am going to try to go to the support group tonight - just depends on my schedule. It is such a stinkin long drive. But maybe I will see you there!

Cool Wendy! I'll be there a little early to get a good seat! Luckily it's on the way home from work & a coworker & I are going. It's been such a blessing to find her! She's the one that inspired me to get the band done after we started carpooling. It's truly wonderful driving w/her & having that one on one support on a daily basis. Dr. Spiegel mentioned to us as a group last Tue & Wed that we should go. He also reiterated it when he came in the room to see me. Happily told him I'd registered. BTW the staff suggests registering if in the event there's a cancellation. Hope to see you there!:lol:

I recommend Dr. Dexter Turnquest. Office # 281-444-8054. He's really awesome. He performed lap band on my husband last month and will be doing mine next week. He is very patient, informative and his staff is very supportive. He performs his surgeries at Houston Northwest Medical Center located off of FM 1960 and I-45. My husband has had a quick recovery and we know several others that he has operated on without incident and who have raved about him.

Hope this helps.

Rachel, since you first posed this question in March, have you been banded? If so, who did you eventually go with? In case you haven't been banded, I would recommend Dr. Spivak. He banded me on July 16. His staff is great and Dr. Spivak does the fills himself on Tuesdays and Thursdays with barium tests. All included in the first year if you take the inclusive package (mine cost $12,900).

I got my band a year ago. Dr. Fernando Miranda is my surgeon.

In 2006 I tried to use Dr. Speigel -- and wasn't daunted by his quirky bedside manner. But in the middle of getting together past surgery records that would have qualified me Aetna, he suddenly dropped Aetna -- or so his staff told me.

I called Dr. Spivak's office and they refused to see me.

So -- I sat around and gained weight until my cardiologist actually feared for my life!! He sent me to Dr. Miranda and I couldn't be happier!!! He also did my Daughter-In-Law in May and my son is considering doing it after the first of the year -- he'll go with Dr. Miranda, too! Seriously, I would recommend him to anyone in the Houston area!

I used Dr. Hollis at True Results in Houston and he did really well. He kinda looks like Data from Star Trek but is knowledgable and does good work.

Dr. Miranda is my Dr. too. I just got banded almost 7 weeks ago and got my first fill today. I've had a great experience from start to finish with his office. My surgery was in the small Pasadena surgery hospital and I really liked it. Anyway I was digging around on this site and found this posting. I see you got banded a while ago, how's it going?

I got my band a year ago. Dr. Fernando Miranda is my surgeon.

In 2006 I tried to use Dr. Speigel -- and wasn't daunted by his quirky bedside manner. But in the middle of getting together past surgery records that would have qualified me Aetna, he suddenly dropped Aetna -- or so his staff told me.

I called Dr. Spivak's office and they refused to see me.

So -- I sat around and gained weight until my cardiologist actually feared for my life!! He sent me to Dr. Miranda and I couldn't be happier!!! He also did my Daughter-In-Law in May and my son is considering doing it after the first of the year -- he'll go with Dr. Miranda, too! Seriously, I would recommend him to anyone in the Houston area!

Hi I just got banded on the 15th of July 2011 and am just looking to compare post surgery events and hear how people are doing in the weight loss game. My doctor was Dr Storey but he is retiring in Aug so there really isn't any support group or anything established so I'm stuck searching online....

What area of town are you in? My Dr was Dr Spivak in Houston and he just left in July. I feel kinda lost without him.

Cheri

I'm actually in Missouri City and a of right now my doc hasn't even found another doctor who is taking new paitents with my insurance. I have my first adjustment next week and it's also his last day at work....talk about scary. I'm actually more worried about that than the surgery itself because I don't know where I would go if the adjustment isn't perfect and I need help. How long has it been since you had your surgery?

I used Dr. Hollis at True Results in Houston and he did really well. He kinda looks like Data from Star Trek but is knowledgable and does good work.

I used Dr. Hollis too on 3/14/12, he was excellent....I kept trying to figure out who he reminded me of and by George I think u hot it, lol!

I too went to dr Hollis at true results! I love him and his staff is great! I am fortunate enough to have had the surgery covered by my ins fills included. I do wish they would give fills more often instead of having to wait 5 to 6 weeks for availability : / but other than that I really like their facility and staff!

I too went to dr Hollis at true results! I love him and his staff is great! I am fortunate enough to have had the surgery covered by my ins fills included. I do wish they would give fills more often instead of having to wait 5 to 6 weeks for availability : / but other than that I really like their facility and staff!

I am one week post op. I also used Dr. Hollis at True Results. Everything was great. I used insurance too. I am not sure about if fills are covered. I guess I need to find that out.