Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

Keep your resolve. You'll be fine. Good luck. Let us know when you reschedule! :cursing:

Well.... my surgery was canceled. Dr. Robinson is somewhere else and can't get back because of the snow. I'm beside myself, I'm waiting for Jennifer to call and let me know when the rescheduled date is, but in all honesty, I'm not sure I can take this pre-op diet any more. Not sure what to do about the time I took off of work, or really anything.

Please forgive my whining.

OH MAN!! That sucks! Your aloud to whine in this case! :tongue: Hang in there! The diet stinks but you'll make it through. :cursing:

Jay you have permission to come here and complain. I cant even imagine how disappointed you are knowing how hard it is to psych yourself up to have surgery. Yes you can still to a few more days of your pre-op diet. food is *NOT* your friend.

I was doing so well for a while there, almost perfect I thought. Then add in some hormones and *wham* the HUNGER comes back in full force!!!! Guess I have to get it thru my thick head that this a going to be a life long battle.

I spoke to jennifer and it looks like it will be rescheduled for feb. 11th, at faulkner. So if I remember correctly, that means private room, right? And whining is officially over. I complained, I was upset over it, and you know how much it helped? not at all. So why waste that kind of energy being upset over something that's out of my hands. I'll just keep losing weight on this pre-op diet, and that's the goal to lose weight, so what difference does it make if it's with the band or on this diet? I can do it for another week if that's what it takes. Work is being really accommodating about the time off. I'm going to go in tomorrow and friday and then just tack two days onto the date I was supposed to go back. So this whole thing has been just a speed bump, not a stop sign.

But thanks for letting me whine!

I spoke to jennifer and it looks like it will be rescheduled for feb. 11th, at faulkner. So if I remember correctly, that means private room, right? And whining is officially over. I complained, I was upset over it, and you know how much it helped? not at all. So why waste that kind of energy being upset over something that's out of my hands. I'll just keep losing weight on this pre-op diet, and that's the goal to lose weight, so what difference does it make if it's with the band or on this diet? I can do it for another week if that's what it takes. Work is being really accommodating about the time off. I'm going to go in tomorrow and friday and then just tack two days onto the date I was supposed to go back. So this whole thing has been just a speed bump, not a stop sign.

But thanks for letting me whine!

Oh, Jay---I'm so glad! So it's soon AND you will have a private room for your recover! That's a huge bonus. Just don't leave us for that OTHER support group. :thumbup:

So one more week, right? You don't have to be perfect on that diet, and the reality is that the more you require perfection, the more you'll want what you shouldn't have. If you can find a way to have just a small amount of what someone else is eating, you'd be ok. But, let's be entirely honest. We wouldn't be banded if we had that kind of self control. But best of luck to you. It only gets easier from here. :)

Well it got moved again, this time to the 12th. Jennifer told me Dr. Robinson wants Dr. Munn around because of the haital hernia, I don't necessarily understand the reasoning, but he's the surgeon, so a week from tomorrow. Good enough for me.

Tonight for dinner instead of having 4 oz of chicken I had two cups of home made chicken Soup. I don't think it was too bad, just some broth, bullion cubes, chicken, celery, carrots and some Pasta. Not exactly on the diet, but not so bad it could undo anything, and it gave me the "different" taste I was looking for.

And I would NEVER leave you all for some other group, you guys are stuck with me. I just hope that I'll be able to come to the feb. one. I'll only be 5 days out from there. I'd be taking the commuter rail then red to green line, hopefully I'll feel up to taking it, so I can go. I felt bad last time that the whole meeting seemed focused on Pre-op and the post-op people didn't seem to get much except to answer questions, which I appreciate, but it's (I assume) a support group for everyone. So hopefully the next meeting will have a mix of the two.

I'm really looking forward to that private room!

Hi Jayinma

I'm glad that a date has finally been set. I was banded at the faulkner and Dr. Mun was my surgeon. I personally like him. I find him to be caring and concern. I to had a double hernia and Dr. Mun took care of that as well. I was treated very well at the faulkner and you will be to. You have done very well on your pre-opt and will continue to do well on your post-opt. It is not as long as it has been. The 12th is almost upon us. Keep the faith and if you are able to attend the group. We look forward to seeing you if not take it easy and we will see you in March.

ylj

Hi Fellow Group Members

I hope that all is well with you. I've been very busy and have not been able to converse on the site. I do need your continue support. I am struggling with some food issues and I gained 4lbs. I'm struggling to get them off. Old habits are very hard to break. I have the need to graze. I want my merlot back. I know I half to make this tool work for me. I just needed to confess my shortcomings to those of you who understand what I'm going thru right now.

Another dumb question I just have to ask....were you required to have an endoscopy and if so, did they give you a sedative, or just ram that tube and camera down your pipes??!! Scared of that test:crying:!!!

Hi Fellow Group Members

I hope that all is well with you. I've been very busy and have not been able to converse on the site. I do need your continue support. I am struggling with some food issues and I gained 4lbs. I'm struggling to get them off. Old habits are very hard to break. I have the need to graze. I want my merlot back. I know I half to make this tool work for me. I just needed to confess my shortcomings to those of you who understand what I'm going thru right now.

Don't agonize over the 4 pounds. Do your best to get back to the basics. Drink all of your Water. Eat your Protein. Move a little every day. You'll get back and they'll come back off. Don't let losing track allow you to stay there----make little changes to follow the "rules". A day or two being off track won't kill you. Staying off track will. You'll get there. Don't get down on yourself! :thumbup:

Another dumb question I just have to ask....were you required to have an endoscopy and if so, did they give you a sedative, or just ram that tube and camera down your pipes??!! Scared of that test:crying:!!!

I never had an endoscopy, so maybe you won't either!

singing- I did not have to have and endoscopy either but you may based on your medical history. You may be knocked out or in twilight sleep I am not sure but those are good questions that you should direct to the dr or dept that is handing this.

ylj you have the resolve to get back on track and in the grand scheme of the lapband journey 4lbs isnt that much. I can gain 3lbs in a course of a day. Like L2t7 said stick to as many bandster rules as you can, the ones you can do perfect them (like drinking 8 glass of Water a day, getting in your Protein, reducing your carbs etc). One small step at a time will get you to your goal.

Jay only a couple more days!

Now see...I always thought that 'Upper GI' and 'Upper GI Endoscopy' were one and the same procedure. Now I see that they are 2 different tests. It pays to ask questions ..and takes away a lot of worries too!

Just came back from my initial appointment and am definitely a candidate for Banding.

It was so good to see things like ample-friendly furniture in the office suite. But the gown I was given was twiggy sized. I usually bring my own 2x from home, but figured there would be one there that fit..after all..it is supposed to be for fattys. WRONG. The dear doc whipsnout thew first one his hands found in the drawer..small! So, I put it on backwards and just lifted it to under the chest area. ( I had some breast surgery a few years ago and am self conscious about the scarring) Other than that, the exam went well and I now have to schedule for some studies..(apnea, etc) and return within 3-5 weeks minus about 10 lbs!!!!

So, the journey has begun.

singin who is your surgeon?

I went for pre-op tests again today (apparently you have to redo them if you're going to a different hospital) and I lost another 5 lbs. So that's exciting.

I have a question though. For the last three day i have been getting odd heart flutters and was wondering if that happened to anyone else? I'm almost afraid to mention it to anyone at the hospital in case it delays the surgery more than it has been.