Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

How did you all deal with the doubt and yes, panic, prior to surgery. Finding myself having doubts, questioning myself... I know this is right but I guess I am just afraid.

the fear is normal...you would be human if you werent afraid. But like you said you know this is right. I think talking about it is helpful. We've all been there and understand.

Hi Everyone, My name is Jay and I'll be having the lap band February 4th at brigham and women's with Dr. Robinson. I'm 90% sure I'll be at the support group meeting on the 20th, so I hope to see some of you there. I'm a little nervous but, I'm more excited than anything!

Hope you are all doing well

Welcome Jay and Hi to everyone else.

I am getting my band on the 28th. I am looking forward to meeting everyone on the 20th at the B&W meeting.:)

Welcome Jay and Jean! It will be so nice to have new faces--NOT that we don't love the old ones, but new blood always changes things a little. Who else is coming next week??

I get my next fill on the 26th. So, I won't be at this meeting. I will go to one eventually though LOL! I really wanna talk to others in person that are going through what I am. :rolleyes:

Hi Jay and welcome, Hello to my fellow banders

I am planning to attend the meeting on the 20th as well. I'm schedule for my first fill on tomorrow the 15th. I'm nervious. The thought of a needle in my stomach makes me quezy. My port sits back in my stomach wall. You half to push in order to feel it. My nerves are shot right now.

ylj

Went to the info meeting last night and of all the info meetings I went to in Boston , this was the most informative and most well attended. Questions were answered in abundance and the presentation was given by Dr Robinson and support staff. 2 hours of explicit info.

Kudos to the Brig!

Yay! I got my consult with Dr Robinson for Feb!

I would love to attend the next support meeting which would welcome those beginning the process before surgery. Is there one at the Brig coming up??

Went to the info meeting last night and of all the info meetings I went to in Boston , this was the most informative and most well attended. Questions were answered in abundance and the presentation was given by Dr Robinson and support staff. 2 hours of explicit info.

Kudos to the Brig!

I would love to attend the next support meeting which would welcome those beginning the process before surgery. Is there one at the Brig coming up??

Yes, Yes, Yes!!! WE have our meeting at the Brigham on Tuesday, January 20th from 6-8 PM in Carrie Hall. It's all the way down the end of the building. Meetings at the Brigham for Lap-Band patients are on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. There's a core group of us who usually go, but many of us missed the December meeting because of other commitments. We WILL be there this Tuesday, though!! Hope you can join us!! :sneaky:

Here's a link to directions. BE CAREFUL to get the date for the Lap-Band, not the GB group. We've had a lot of GB people show up to our meetings by mistake! :thumbup:

http://www.brighamandwomens.org/weightmanagement/support.aspx

Edited by notateechanow

Hi Jay and welcome, Hello to my fellow banders

I am planning to attend the meeting on the 20th as well. I'm schedule for my first fill on tomorrow the 15th. I'm nervious. The thought of a needle in my stomach makes me quezy. My port sits back in my stomach wall. You half to push in order to feel it. My nerves are shot right now.

ylj

Hey there, darlin! I know it's initially daunting, but it really isn't any worse than giving blood. You will LIE down on the table so that your port is more easily accessed. Keep in mind, all of us started with a somewhat hidden port---until you lose some serious weight, it's pretty well hidden. You can look the other way as your doctor inserts the needle. I have had a few times when my doctor had to insert and push around a little bit, but even that didn't hurt. (You know I just have to be honest with you....) But with all of that, I dread going on liquids far more than the pain of a fill. You'll be ok. Good luck! I'm around in Dot all week if you need me....drop me a note!! :sneaky:

Hi All,

Got the good news that the insurance approved the surgery. :thumbup: On the pre-op diet now:martini_shaken:. Looking forward to meeting everyone on Tuesday.:thumbup:

Jean

Kudos to the Brig!

I went to the info session in october and that's what helped me make the decision to go with Dr. Robinson, He'll be putting my band in me in february and honestly, he's a great guy and a great doctor even if he is kind of quiet and reserved. But his assistant Jennifer is great, always returns messages in a very timely manner and knows what she's talking about, she's an invaluable resource.

I'm really looking forward to tuesday I didn't know everyone would be there, this will be my first support group meeting and the last one offered before I have surgery so I'm excited to see what it's like, and hopefully seeing so many people who have had successful surgeries will quell my fears a bit about the surgery.

Hey everyone. I just want to say that I "think" I've made the decision to pursue the band. Think meaning, I hope i don't talk myself out of it.. LOL

I went to an info session in Nov. and called today to make an appt. with Dr. V and she is booked till April?!?!?! So then I called and tried to get an appt. with Dr. T.. (sorry so bad with last names) and she said she would have to call me back in the morning to give me an appt. ... Is this normal?? How long after the inital consult can I have my surgery? Granted everything is in order and goes smoothly. I don't want to wait 6 months, I may lose my nerve..

Sandy :thumbup:)

Hello - I started in Sept but waited a month after that to make the appt. so that was the end of November. I have done all the other steps, approved today!!! and am scheduled for January 28th. I am being banded by Dr. Robinson and I agree with people who have said his assistant Jen is great and she made it easy to thru the steps.

jean