Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

Great job, Heidi! You sound like so many of my friends who are SAHM's. The stress of having a husband who just doesn't seem to "get" your need to get out, after having been home with kids all day long. Hope you said something to him in a productive way so you can work together to fix that.

Jay--according to the schedule I took in November, the dates are:

Faulkner on Monday, January 11th and

Brigham on Tuesay, January 19th.

As a reminder--both meetings start at 6:00.

I'm hoping to go to the Faulkner, but have meetings every single night of the week next week, so it all depends on my level of desire. Anyone else planning to go?

Happy New Year, everyone. May it be a successful year of losing for us all! :smile2:

way to go Heidi...its so hard and I cant even imagine how you do it with the little ones at home.

Tova in my experience when I travel or fly I can retain Water and that makes me tighter (same with time of the month) and I think that makes the tissues swell and therefore the band seems tighter. I could be wrong with this theory. But if you think about it when we get tighter the amount of Fluid in the band doesnt change its the tissues that surround it.Hasnt happened many time but I have been nauseous drinking water on an empty stomach. Maybe you are trying to take too much in at one time?

Not sure about next week mtg but I think I can make it. Finally seeing movement in the scale: been counting calories, working on my water and Protein, and going to the gym...you know all the things we are supposed to do :smile2:

I'm going to go to the faulkner meeting this month, it will be the last one I will be able to make until may probably, at the faulkner at least. I have a class starting soon on mondays from 3 to 5:50 so I may have to start going to the B+w meetings starting in feb, or I may just not go, we'll see.

but i will be there the 11th.

Hey all. Thought I'd pass the info along....I finally tried the Isopure (Grape something or other..) drink. Incidentally, it's on sale at Rite Aid this week. The six packs are buy one, get one free for $10.99 AND there was a coupon for $1.00 off in the Globe, too! It is pretty expensive for 6 (8 oz) drinks, but it's a really nice change from dairy based drinks. No hints at the Protein even being in there, unlike the strange unflavored Unjury I tried before....

Hoping to hit Monday's meeting, but I'm in contract negotiation meetings on Tuesdays for the next few weeks, possibly months...so Jay, this may be it for a while! Glad to hear you're coming back. I'm due to visit Dr. R in 3 weeks. My bandless seeming life without fill has been reminiscent of life pre-band. I'm feeling gross and have to get back on track.

Have a good weekend. Hope to see you all on Monday! :thumbup:

hi eveyone.

I've been having a lot of tightness in my throat lately. It is my band. Strange. Even when not eating. Anyone have this? What could it be????? This is new for me.

Heidi,

I get this strange tight feeling/almost like a heart burn thing going at the bottom of my throat, top of my chest when I haven't eaten or had anything to drink. If I skip too many meals my stomach really reacts.....

How are you feeling? Have you been making time to workout? I did on Monday, but that was it. My week has been far too crazy...

well, I have NOT been skipping meals that for sure lol! I only made it monday night to the gym :-( been eating crappy food too.

Hey all. Thought I'd pass the info along....I finally tried the Isopure (Grape something or other..) drink. Incidentally, it's on sale at Rite Aid this week. The six packs are buy one, get one free for $10.99 AND there was a coupon for $1.00 off in the Globe, too! It is pretty expensive for 6 (8 oz) drinks, but it's a really nice change from dairy based drinks. No hints at the Protein even being in there, unlike the strange unflavored Unjury I tried before....

I started a new thread under the MA section for tips or hints...this would be a great thing to add. Thought it would be helpful and not get too buried..

If anyone is interested the thread is here:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f42/tip-favorite-thing-share-here-107711/

see you Monday! :)

Hoping to hit Monday's meeting, but I'm in contract negotiation meetings on Tuesdays for the next few weeks, possibly months...so Jay, this may be it for a while! Glad to hear you're coming back. I'm due to visit Dr. R in 3 weeks. My bandless seeming life without fill has been reminiscent of life pre-band. I'm feeling gross and have to get back on track.

Have a good weekend. Hope to see you all on Monday! :blink:

Anybody~what is Isopure??? Is it a Protein Drink? ?? How much protein is in it? Thanks!

Well, going roller skating w/ my 3 girls & niece today. It should be interesting to say the least lol! I haven't been on skates in like 8 yrs. I used to love roller blading as a teen. lets see who falls more, me or the kids lol! :-) Atleast I'll be moving today!

Hey everyone, just checking in. Going to see Dr. Robinson tomorrow for my second fill. My appt. is at 2, I think. I think I'm gonna see if they can take me later. Would love to stay for the meeting. I'm doing HORRIBLE! Eating everything and anything. Back to my old ways. Hoping this fill will help before the pounds start creeping back.

Congrats Heidi on the gym. I found a gym I love and love their class schedule and I think I convinced my hubby on joining. I'm a class kind of girl and he just thinks everyone should just pay $10 a month for a membership. I know myself, i will get bored with Planet Fitness in like a month. I like to change things up, so here is hoping to have a gym membership by the end of the week. They also have daycare so if I have to, I'll drag my kiddos along. Heidi I wish we lived closer, we have so much in common :blush: Would love to be your gym buddy. Keep up the good work!

I've noticed that although I'm not starving myself, I'm not getting all my Protein in and my hair has started to shed and it's not pretty. Thank god I have tons to spare, will mention it to the doc tomorrow. Hope to see ya tomorrow at the meeting.

night night :blink:

Sandy, it would be great to have a gym buddy~especially one who is banded!

The girls & I had SO much fun roller skating yesterday! We skated for THREE HRS!!! I didn't fall at all lol!

I was so proud of my girls, it was there first time & they did so good. My oldest is 8, my middle is almost 5, & the baby is 3. They looked so flippin cute out there! :-) I think this will be our new winter activity.

It was really great to see you all tonight at the Faulkner. It reminded me how important these meetings really are. I left the meetings feeling - "I can do this" - I know that I and only I am resposible for my eating habits and only I can change them. I am really focused now to get back on track, with my eating and exercise.

Tova:thumbup:

TOva~ that's great!!! I didn't go to the meeting but (not to sound like a broken record) I feel ready to get moving again too. I have to stop rewarding myself w/ food or allowing myself just this one day to cheat. It doesn't help if I'm only good for only a week & then allow myself to cheat & then it takes me weeks to get back on track!

Have a great day all!