Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

I was going to PM you, but would rather apologize publicly. Unfortunately, you can't read tone in someone's message. Had you and I been talking, you would have known that I wasn't trying to be pushy or a know-it-all in any way. I'm sorry for coming off that way. I just really wanted you to reconsider, but knowing you have trip insurance really changes things. I wasn't trying to denounce you for not being a "seasoned" veteran, but pointed out that you're asking people with more experience and hope you'd take it into consideration...that's all. My apologies. Clearly it came off far more harsh than I intended and wanted it to be.

no...no need to apologize or Pm me Paige.....honestly. If I wasn't worried, I wouldnt' have purchased trip insurance and I wouldn't have posted and been googling "travelling 2 weeks after lap band"...etc. That being said...it is "only a 4 night trip" and might be a nice distraction during spring vacation when the head hunger and bandster hell kicks in (that and having to entertain my 5 and 6 year olds for the week). The thought of plopping my big butt on a lounge chair and watching them frolic in the Water while I sip mine seemed enticing! LOL......thanks again...no worries

Hello Everyone, just checking in, still no movement on the scales, not alot of restriction either but I'm almost at my miles goal for the month, I have lost quite bit of inches though, just wish the scale would move maybe by next fill

Hello Everyone, just checking in, still no movement on the scales, not alot of restriction either but I'm almost at my miles goal for the month, I have lost quite bit of inches though, just wish the scale would move maybe by next fill

Great work on the mileage! Truly inspirational. Keep taking measurements. Stay the course. The pounds will fall off eventually. You're doing so well. I'm pleased to see you are using various methods to measure your success. (We call those Non-Scale Victories--aka NSV's) I think you're about 3 months post-surgery, give or take. You're going through the exact same things I did at that point. Give it time. Keep up the outstanding work! It will happen.....keep us posted. Happy New Year!!

Hi everyone,

just got back from a little get 3 day get away w/ my kids & husbands family. I have finally experienced the sliming thing. GROSS & painful!!! I don't know what happend. I had such a hard time getting my food down while away. I mostly ate salad & chicken the whole time. Nothing that would get me stuck. I haven't had a fill in months either. ???????? Everything just went down sooooo slow. It was a very stressful few days w/ his family though. Glad to be back home! So, last night 4 of us adults went out to eat, I ate ONE chip & it was OVER. I was in the bathroom for the whole dinner. This THICK slime was coming up. It looked like clear hair gel!!! YUCK!

So, I think I read on here i should do liquids for a few days? TRUE???

Hey there, Heidi.

Sorry to hear your trip was less than enjoyable. I, too, had a very hard time while home for the holidays. My band is very sensitive to stress, bloating, etc. I think sometimes we forget to concentrate on eating when we're being social, too. You should definitely have a few liquid meals----at least to allow any swelling to go down. I had a ton of my fill taken out in November and definitely shouldn't be struggling, but I am. Go figure. It's just not an exact science. Hope you are able to get back on track. Relax and enjoy the next few days. Happy New Year. Feel better! :)

Hey there, Heidi.

Sorry to hear your trip was less than enjoyable. I, too, had a very hard time while home for the holidays. My band is very sensitive to stress, bloating, etc. I think sometimes we forget to concentrate on eating when we're being social, too. You should definitely have a few liquid meals----at least to allow any swelling to go down. I had a ton of my fill taken out in November and definitely shouldn't be struggling, but I am. Go figure. It's just not an exact science. Hope you are able to get back on track. Relax and enjoy the next few days. Happy New Year. Feel better! :)

Thanks Paige,

I was thinking back & I hardly drank anything while I was gone! Few sips here & there. I'm sure that 's very bad for my band.

Happy New Year Everyone!

I have been lurking on this board as a guest for a few months now and finally decided that it was time to join.

I am just your ordinary 34 year old "Masshole" guy looking to change his life. Not too much to ask for, right?

I started the LB process in October 2009 and am tentatively scheduled for surgery on 3/17/10 with Dr. Malcolm Robinson at the Brigham. Yup, that's right, on St. Patty's Day!

I just want to say that it is great to read all of your amazing stories and what you have gone through. For the newbies such as myself, this board has been tremendous source of information and inspiration.

I look forward to getting to know the "Mass. Bandsters" and hopefully continuing to help each other out!

Happy New Year Everyone!

I have been lurking on this board as a guest for a few months now and finally decided that it was time to join.

I am just your ordinary 34 year old "Masshole" guy looking to change his life. Not too much to ask for, right?

I started the LB process in October 2009 and am tentatively scheduled for surgery on 3/17/10 with Dr. Malcolm Robinson at the Brigham. Yup, that's right, on St. Patty's Day!

I just want to say that it is great to read all of your amazing stories and what you have gone through. For the newbies such as myself, this board has been tremendous source of information and inspiration.

I look forward to getting to know the "Mass. Bandsters" and hopefully continuing to help each other out!

Hey,

Nice to meet you! Love the pic! GO PATS!!

This is a good group. :-) Good luck. :)

Hey Heidi I think you figured out it was probably bc you werent up to your normal intake of liquids...its always seems to happen to me when I take a trip or fly...I never can get in enough Water and then I have a problem with my normal foods.

I was doing great last week...then these past few days and I was with a very who eats poor and I joined right in. UGH!

Nice to meet you BlueSam.... I like to shorten everyones name. Welcome to our little Masshole home here :smile2:

Tiny~Yes, I really think that was it too. Doing better now. :-)

I really wish I could MAKe myself exercise!!! I no I need to. I

HI everyone - sorry I havent been around lately busy with home and work I guess.

I read Heidi's and Mel's comment - I didnt realize that if I didnt drink enough that would affect me. why?

I also noticed I have been down on my drinking and getting a little bit tight - this week I will try to drink more.

Another thing I have noticed is that if I drink too much on an empty stomach I become very nauseous - anyone ever have that?

Tova

HI everyone - sorry I havent been around lately busy with home and work I guess.

I read Heidi's and Mel's comment - I didnt realize that if I didnt drink enough that would affect me. why?

I also noticed I have been down on my drinking and getting a little bit tight - this week I will try to drink more.

Another thing I have noticed is that if I drink too much on an empty stomach I become very nauseous - anyone ever have that?

Tova

I get nauseous if I haven't had anything to drink and then more so after drinking on an empty stomach, too! I'm with you on that, Tova! Anyone making the meeting next week?

hey everyone. I'm happy to say I got my butt to the gym last night. :-) I didn't get out of the house till 8pm but I still made it.......no thanks to my husband! he knew i wanted to go but ya think he hurried home.....NO WAY! I really think he is not happy w/ me doing anything FOR ME. JERK! I feel like I'm losing my mind being stuck in the house w/ these kids all day. I have to keep exercising. Maybe it will help keep me sane!

I walked on the tredmill for 30 min at a good pace & at a high incline. Then I did elip for 15 min. Felt good. was gonna do kickboxing class but like i said I got out too late.