Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

Yes indeed! Can't wait to see you! Phyllis was just asking about you the last time I went--maybe October? :thumbup:

It was nice meeting you last night! Thanks for welcoming me into your group! LOL....It did what I had hoped for. .... a little perspective, a little inspiration, and a little dose of reality. Thanks again....

May the holiday be good to you all!:thumbup:

Hey everyone, Happy Holidays. Sorry to see everyone is struggling. UGH i am too. This time of yr is really hard. I made a goal to lose 40 lbs for Thanksgiving and I came really close. I was at like 38. Someone at work told me to load up on Activia and be done with it.. LOL Well I saw my family for the first time since surgery and EVERYONE noticed. I've dropped down two sizes and even that size is loose! :thumbup:

But that's about it, it's all gone downhill since there.. The holidays are stressing me out, ok maybe it's just my in-laws but I find myself eating. Eating a lot and all the wrong things. I'm going food shopping and determined to lose the 7lbs I've gained by new yr.

Paige you cracked me up with your scale story. I thought I was the only one that thought a warped floor MIGHT be the cause for my weight gain! LMAO

Heidi, I too am making a ton of excuses. Easy to do when you are exhausted with kids and the last thing you want to do is exercise. I hope to join a gym in Jan. I'm at 4 cc's and can eat ANYTHING, had one moment this morning, where my toast just didn't want to move, no pain or anything but it did and all is fine I should call and schedule another fill soon.

:thumbup:

It was nice meeting you last night! Thanks for welcoming me into your group! LOL....It did what I had hoped for. .... a little perspective, a little inspiration, and a little dose of reality. Thanks again....

May the holiday be good to you all!:thumbup:

Bostonmomma, welcome, best of luck on your journey. :thumbup:

Hello Everyone, Happy holidays, sorry I've been absent, life lol, anyway, I"m at 4cc in my Realize Band which I believe is 9cc band. I've had 2 fills and at my last appt I gained 1 lb, I was disgusted, I work out 5 days a week, I had surgery end of September, but my clothes are loose and I'm down a size, but scale is something else. I took on the December challenge of 75 miles, I'm passed that, I have this cool pedometer that downloads to my computer. I'm just hoping by time time I see the doctor next month the lbs are dropping instead of inches, I have no restriction, but I do not eat like I used to I am learning to listen to my body but I can eat like a 6 inch sub or at least a cup of food at a sitting if not more, however ten after my second fill I seem to have little more tightness funny wasn't at the beginning, anyway, I hope Santa is good to everyone I hope to meet you all at meeting in January at the Faulkner, perhaps that will set me straight so I dont keep beating on myself lol

Well, had my upper GI today...not tooooo bad, except the nice looking tech had to wipe the lovely chalky stuff drooling from my mouth. That must have been pretty.:)....Guess I will find out if I can have the surgery at Faulkner or the Brigham. I will call the doc tomorrow....

baby steps..but I think I have only one more "thing" to do....and then WAIT.....:)

Hey everyone, Happy Holidays. Sorry to see everyone is struggling. UGH i am too. This time of yr is really hard. I made a goal to lose 40 lbs for Thanksgiving and I came really close. I was at like 38. Someone at work told me to load up on Activia and be done with it.. LOL Well I saw my family for the first time since surgery and EVERYONE noticed. I've dropped down two sizes and even that size is loose! :tt1:

But that's about it, it's all gone downhill since there.. The holidays are stressing me out, ok maybe it's just my in-laws but I find myself eating. Eating a lot and all the wrong things. I'm going food shopping and determined to lose the 7lbs I've gained by new yr.

Paige you cracked me up with your scale story. I thought I was the only one that thought a warped floor MIGHT be the cause for my weight gain! LMAO

Heidi, I too am making a ton of excuses. Easy to do when you are exhausted with kids and the last thing you want to do is exercise. I hope to join a gym in Jan. I'm at 4 cc's and can eat ANYTHING, had one moment this morning, where my toast just didn't want to move, no pain or anything but it did and all is fine I should call and schedule another fill soon.

:)

Oh yes, excuses, excuses, that's me. LOL! The 3 kids are the # one reason I don't work out but they should be the # one reason I do! Anyway, I've been doing low carb all week & it has been SOOOOOOOOO HARD for me!!!!! BUT I'm doing it & it's working scale wise! :smile2: I'm having a well deserved {CARB FREE} Cocktail as I speak. :) this week I reely noticed how i go to food when stressed (CARBS) chips, popcorn ect..... I have felt so frustrated all week. I hope it gets better soon.

Hi there,

Sorry, like everyone else for the long pause in posting. The holiday are just torture on a schedule! I too have found it harder around the holidays. I think the key is just Protein - if you focus on protein it will all work out. Speaking of..I started with a personal trainer and we were working on "core" exercises which involved rolling on the balance ball on my stomach..the next day I was super sore and then I remember it probably wouldn't be a good idea with the port for those types of exercises - so trainer gave me a bunch more.

I also have some exciting news. I've been appointed by examiner.com to write the Boston Surgical Weight Loss Examiner! It can be found here: Boston Surgical Weight Loss Examiner

Be sure to subscribe! I'd love to know what topics you would like to see written about and what you think other banders might like to know as well.

I'll try to check in again before the holidays to see how everyone is doing!

just want to say it was great to see everyone at the Faulkner meeting and to meet you bostonmama :smile2:. Its not easy to get to the meetings but I never regret it once I get there.

still struggling with this fill level and getting stuck but gonna keep at it.

will check out your posting ms$

ok folks...quick question...my husband just told me that he want(s) to book a trip to our favorite island in April...mid April. Only problem is that my surgery is tentatively scheduled for April 7th. Do you think I will be able to travel a couple of weeks later? What problems do you foresee? Thanks everyone...and happy holidays!

problem is....we can only go during school vacation week in April....so the week of the 19th (ahhhhh...the lovely teacher schedule...NOT!). I am thinking that it might be do-able.....and easy to transport Protein powders and mushy food like applesauce, oatmeal, etc.....an oddly enough..I think I might do BETTER outside of the house that vacation week....like being busy at the pool/beach, etc....vs sitting here at my kitchen table thinking I am hungry.....LOL...like now! it's only for 5 days....so we shall see..

thanks Paige.....I know all the tricks of the trade but Brookline is super strict with not tagging on any days off before or after a holiday....they will make you take them unpaid....:smile:...And....I have my annual trip to the Cape with some friends in May....We shall see....It's a nice jaunt away to let the kids play in the sand and in the Water. With kids, there isn't a lot of sight seeing, eating out, or walking....we pretty much plop on the beach or in a pool and let the kids do their thing. We hardly eat at restaurants, and mainly get things to go...so I can easily see me doing the Protein Shakes and mushies along with the kids! LOL....I am sure I'll be still on the mend...but I won't have to do much...I'll figure it out...sooner or later! Thanks!

honestly I can not imagine traveling even in the US that close to my surgery date. What if there is a complication?

Ask your surgeon they are the ones who know best

How is everyone doing during the holidays?? Ive been just enjoying them and not worrying about good or bad foods.

I went for another unfill last week...I couldn't deal with it anymore. Dr V only took another .4 out, which puts me around 7.4cc in my 14cc band so I still have some restriction BUT I can eat healthier foods with out all those intolerances! I ate a salad (!!!) yesterday for the first time in many many weeks. No I haven't lost anything thing...in fact Ive gained due to eating so many slider foods but I know I am back on the right track.

woooah Paige...easy there chief! I think I asked if you *think* I should travel and what problems do you forsee.....how did I not take any advice? That was weird!. ....and I think I DID consider it...that is why I posted this question....Whatever

Like I said....if we go, we go if we don't we don't. I was asking for those who might know. Sorry if I bothered the "seasoned bandsters." We bought travel insurance...so it is no biggie. You gave me a suggestion to go at memorial day...can't because I am a teacher. Same goes as for going in March...

and thankyou tinywishes for your advice....I will pass it along to my husband as well as my doctors tomorrow...I hope your unfill does the trick for you and you are moving in the right direction in the new year.

As for me, I feel blessed this holiday season to have a great husband, kids, house, and career...and now to a great year to Celebrate ME! have a great week everyone!

Edited by bostonmomma