Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

Hi guys,

Tiny thanks for the info on the CIB. I think I need to look for something new. My stomach is yelling out, please stop! ha ha.

I'm feeling better today. I wasn't able to tolerate all my shakes or Water yesterday. Had a little nausea, feeling much better today. I did 10 min. on the treadmill and hoping to get 2 more shots in today.

The pain is better, but the port area as expected is still hurting. I haven't taken any pain meds today, so that's good.

I don't have steri strips that I know of, just gauze and tegaderm. I may buy some more tegaderm to cover it up as they get loose, I didn't really soak them in the shower and they still feel pretty good. I do get pain when I feel like I have to burp, weird, shooting pain which feels like it goes all the way up my esophagus. Nothing happens. Then it goes away. Could be me drinking too fast.

Hope everyone is enjoying this lazy sunday!

WOW! tredmill already?!?!? Glad your feeling better!

:tongue2:

Hello Everyone, well the beginning of day 6, down 12 lbs, went to Franklin Park and walked the entire track I was proud of myself, have adhered to the guidelines with no issue, no nausua, no pain and no gas, life is good. I know everyone is different but is this normal for the weight loss? Plus my monthly friend decided to visit yesterday, yet no cramps. HIPPIE......how is everyone doing? Thinkingaboutit, are you feeling better? I pray you have.

Here is some info I thought would be helpful to share:

Syntrax is offering samples of all 11 of the nectar flavors to everyone for only 4.99 and 5.00 shipping! Thats only 9.99 for the eleven samples to see if ya like any of them. once you order they ship them within 3 days its great.

for us newbies on here that can't have anything but liquids this offers a wonderful variety!! I did one of these samples each day and then one of another that i knew i liked. That way it wasnt the same old thing every day for protein!! These aren't as thick as some of the ones I have had so they go down pretty easily.

Call 866-333-7403 and speak with customer service!!

this website is great:

Hungry Girl

what do you think of this:

Dr. Joel Fuhrman Improves Health - Lose Weight Naturally | Reverse Diabetes | Prevent Heart Disease and Cancer | Lower Cholesterol

I thought he made good points and eating healthy is all we hope to achieve right? I've saw this stuff created by a WLS called fullbar? Anyone heard of it? The surgeon has a great reputation, his site: The Official FullBar, FullBites and Aquafull Website: Lose Weight Naturally by Feeling Full

Just wanted to share some of these things, I want to be successful and healthy and not adhere to anymore crazy overnite diet drama. Well, back to rest, have a great day everyone

Hi,

I'm doing ok. Port pain is the worst and the fact that my stomach is yelling at me all day is starting to get annoying. I bought some muscle milk to see if that helps. I'll look into that link. I'm just so leary of buying a bunch of stuff and not liking it and this is a great deal :()

I did 1/2 a mile on the treadmill today and went to target and did lots of walking there. I'm down 9 lbs since surgery and a total of 23 right now. All is good. I know it will slow down and possibly go up once I start eating. I'm only doing about 800 calories right now. Yesterday my hunger was through the roof and it was tough but I did it. Still having moments of when I am wondering if I did the right thing. Still very early but taking it one day at a time.

Question about your port. I can feel the tube and it's bulging out a little, could be swelling but grosses me out and gives me the chills when I touch it. Does it get better or is it just me. I'm worried about losing more weight and feeling it more. Will def mention it to Dr. R. but just curious.

Hi,

I'm doing ok. Port pain is the worst and the fact that my stomach is yelling at me all day is starting to get annoying. I bought some muscle milk to see if that helps. I'll look into that link. I'm just so leary of buying a bunch of stuff and not liking it and this is a great deal :()

I did 1/2 a mile on the treadmill today and went to target and did lots of walking there. I'm down 9 lbs since surgery and a total of 23 right now. All is good. I know it will slow down and possibly go up once I start eating. I'm only doing about 800 calories right now. Yesterday my hunger was through the roof and it was tough but I did it. Still having moments of when I am wondering if I did the right thing. Still very early but taking it one day at a time.

Question about your port. I can feel the tube and it's bulging out a little, could be swelling but grosses me out and gives me the chills when I touch it. Does it get better or is it just me. I'm worried about losing more weight and feeling it more. Will def mention it to Dr. R. but just curious.

I can't see my port and I think we are around the same starting weight my BMI was 36 and I"m 5'4", I can feel the tightness when I bend, in fact I have pain on my right side in the back I think I pulled a muscle heat relieves it but not from the surgery, but I also had hernia repair, but I'm also walking 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening and starting yesterday every other afternoon 45 minutes in the afternoon, I wanted to try everyday but I dont want to push it and when I meet with Dr. T next week if I can go to the gym thats where I"ll be taking classes I know no weights yet, but determined to work that band as the tool it is. I aslo like the Bariatric Advantage vitaband Vitamins it comes to like $20 a month for the bottle so I feel its worth it and it was recommened by 2 different nutrionists I spoke with. the great thing about the nectar Syntrax is that you mix with Water and taste more like a juice type gatorade and its packs 23 grams of Protein

And the fun begins. Why oh why did I gain 3 lbs overnight??? LOL I'm living on 800 calories and just drinking sugar free CIB and Water.

:blink: I know I need to stop stepping on the scale every morn. Old habits die hard. :)

Tried the chocolate muscle milk light this morn. HATED it. Dumped that down the sink. :)

Hope everyone is well :)

And the fun begins. Why oh why did I gain 3 lbs overnight??? LOL I'm living on 800 calories and just drinking sugar free CIB and Water.

:blink: I know I need to stop stepping on the scale every morn. Old habits die hard. :)

Tried the chocolate muscle milk light this morn. HATED it. Dumped that down the sink. :)

Hope everyone is well :)

oh sorry you hated it, well I guess it really does come down to tastes, I hope your feeling better and the two weeks will fly by

And the fun begins. Why oh why did I gain 3 lbs overnight??? LOL I'm living on 800 calories and just drinking sugar free CIB and Water. :smile: I know I need to stop stepping on the scale every morn. Old habits die hard.

:)

Tried the chocolate muscle milk light this morn. HATED it. Dumped that down the sink. :unsure:

Hope everyone is well :w00t:

sorry you hated it I did too.

Ive done better with vanilla Protein Shakes bc you can manipulate the flavor more than with chocolate. Cant stand the fake chocolate taste and it seems the higher the Protein level the grosser the after taste is.I will admit Ive used Hershey Lite Syrup, just a teaspoon

Some things I have tried to boost up the base flavors of protein shakes.... SF Jello pudding dry mix (cheescake hello), frozen fruit (strained out the seeds), Torani SF Syrup (found in the coffee aisle), cocoa power (low calorie),ice, Peanut Butter, and pumpkin spice.

You might try different extracts, too---orange, lemon, and coconut are my favorite! They don't add sugar or negligible calories.

Hey all --

Sorry I have been MIA. I hope everyone is doing well. So my weight loss is slow but atleast its coming off. I have been going to the gym and was feeling great until my knee started acting up. I had 2 knee surgeries 7 yrs ago and NOW it decides to act up again. So i bought a sweet hinged knee brace with patella support -- ahh! I've been good at the gym - not killing myself but getting in at least one hour of cardio a day. I can't wait ti get filled. Almost ANYTHING can go down. I still really can't eat alot but nothing gets stuck. Tuesday oct 6 is my first fill. Is it painful? Im a wee bit nervous about that. SHould I do/take anything in preparation?

When in the next meeting at Brigham? Is anyone planning on going?

K8

Hey all --

Tuesday oct 6 is my first fill.

When in the next meeting at Brigham? Is anyone planning on going?

K8

I have my 2 week postop at 11:30, maybe I'll see you there? I am going to try to make it to the meeting at the Brigham.

Hello Everyone on a rainy dreery Saturday. I hope all is well. I"m still healing well, feeling pretty good, I think the daily walking has helped speed it up,I'm down another three pounds, I dont like weighing myself everyday I think once a week is good but my hubby was curious so there you have it. BTW the syrups by Torani you can find at Marshalls or TJ Maxx for a much better price than the supermarket. I have found the cream Soups a blessing especially in this weather. The nutritionist at the hospital after the surgery had some great ideas on what else to eat so its been pretty good. Whomever is going to the Faulkner meeting this month I will see you there. I hate driving in town and its cheaper to park at Faulkner, but it seems like BWH has a larger scale of people including the clothes exchange. But did I tell you how much I love my surgeon? WHen I was in the hospital he went downstairs with me while I did the swallow to personally tell me how it looks and put me at ease. Have a great weekend everyone.

Hey everyone! I have a fill tomorrow night Oct 6th. Are the meeting the 3rd tues of month or 1st?? If it's tomorrow I will go.

Hey everyone! I have a fill tomorrow night Oct 6th. Are the meeting the 3rd tues of month or 1st?? If it's tomorrow I will go.

Heidib - I just checked on the website and its the third tuesday. of the month. Im going to try to make it then. I hope I can meet some of you. :D

I am going for my first fill tomorrow AM (Oct 6). I am very nervous/excited because I need a fill ASAP. Hope all is well.

ttys

k8 :thumbup:

Heidib - I just checked on the website and its the third tuesday. of the month. Im going to try to make it then. I hope I can meet some of you. :ohmy:

I am going for my first fill tomorrow AM (Oct 6). I am very nervous/excited because I need a fill ASAP. Hope all is well.

ttys

k8 :thumbup:

k8~

I saw that on the site too but I was hoping it was wrong. :D Oh man~ I was hoping to go tonight to the meeting. I'll try to make my next fill on the day of the next meeting in Nov.

I go for my fill tonight at 4pm. I'll probably ask for another small one. I feel tighter all of a sudden {??????} Don't know why. I'm brining my food journaling w/ me to ask what am I doing wrong!?!?!?!? I wonder if I'll have a loss on Dr. V scale?

Hope all is well! :cursing: