Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

Doing my daily check in everybody. :-) I have an appointment this tuesday w/ Dr. V. I don't know if I'll be getting a fill of not. I'm going to ask her to give me 1/2 of what she gave me when I was overfilled the last time. She took it all out. I wish she left a little in. Anyway, I did welll yesterday w/ my eating & I went for a 2.5 ml, fast walk. It felt good to sweat agin!!!! aaaaaaaahhhhh! I really need to exercise for my mind not only weightloss. I have been so on edge & crabby lately. I can't stand myself! I feel like I have 24/7 PMS. My poor kids :-(.

Hang in there everyone! {{{{HUGS}}}}

Bostonlady found my "Dietary Guidelines for Laparoscopic Gastric Banding" packet and Phyllis email is pthomason(at)partners(dot)com

like L2T7 mentioned getting in enough Protein isnt so much an issue bc we dont have the malabsorption like the bypass folks have. Ive tried the shots and they tasted pretty good but I couldnt afford them on a long term basis. There is also some controversy about how much protein we can process at one time. Ive heard its around 36 grams of protein at a time (unless you are a bodybuilder)...anything higher than that is just filtered out. It doesnt mean its bad for you just that more isnt always better........Wish I could get that one answered

thank you so much, your a dear...........I'm counting the days, a month from tomorrow and the new life begins....although I have started this week and have lost 4 lbs already, I decided to do Atkins before my pre op diet and I feel fantastic........alot more energy

Also I found out that the Protein Shots you need to take half at a time, since you can only absorb between 23 - 25 grams of Protein at one time, I've also read that to mix it with Water and some crystal light for easy sailing. Everyone is raving about the orange sunshine, so I'll see. Also, the nectar line, they offer all 11 samples for $4.99 with $5.00 for shipping, you call the number and they send it immediately, they told me within 3 days, this is a nice cheap way to try before you buy and invest. I've also found a protein bullet on www.bodybuilding.com with 45 grams of protein, 6 shots for 12.99 with great reviews. To get the Syntrax Nectar deal: Call 866-333-7403 and speak with customer service. I've started a box of stuff I will need or think I will need so I don't need anything......so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.....this is my list so far:

Bed Buddy -heated in the micro pad with beads fantastic

liquid ibuprofen

recliner with massage and heat

5 different Proteins (eat smart strawberry cheesecake,dorian yates for women protein,beneprotein,banana soy protein)

protein pudding

liquid vitamins and liquid Calcium

Liquid Acidopholus

Vitaband Vitamins

gas x gel tabs

Liquid Neem (good for digestive help and inner swelling)

Liquid Lydia Pinkham

Anythoughts? Sorry for so many questions, I just like being prepared and would like to take care in advance as much of the anticipated discomfort as possible. I'm on disablity, so I'll be out for 3 weeks, which works out great.

BostonLady- Sorry I don't know much about the protien shots ect. I know I did have Hair loss after a few months. I think it's just gonna happen to most of us. Like somebody else mentioned trauma from surgery ect. I did get some hair thickenong theropy from my hair dresser.

I'm proud of myself today. I exercised thursday & went to the gym Friday night! :cursing: :scared2::cursing: Also, yesterday I went to a family cookout & did pretty well w/ my eating. I did my Protein first, had only a few chips.

There was so much food :)! I did good. :thumbup: Anyway, gotta get in a workout today too~!

Boston Lady I think you are all set...what about somesoup or tea? sometimes you get sick of drinking cold stuff and I got dizzy at one point but when I added the Soup the salt made it better.

They will give you a script for liquid pain meds when you are discharged. Sometimes its hard to get the script filled at your local pharmacy (mine wanted 2 days).If you can get the script filled before your surgery (need to ask the office) or at the hospital's pharm.

Heidi..way to go! Keep it up...one step at a time. Im looking forward to getting back on track starting tomorrow when my vacation ends. Ready to fight the good fight..... again. :rolleyes:

CONSUMER ALERT: was shopping at Target and they had Atkins shakes for $4.00 for four...seen them at Walmart for over $6 and change and even CVS for $7.

Also in the bins where the sell the dollar junk stuff they had resistance bands for excerising for $2.50 with instructions. Gonna try them out for a change of pace.

I would just like to say that I LOVE MY doctor's office on the whole. From Dr. T, to Phyllis to Yvette, she is Dr. T's Admin.......and she is WONDERFUL......there has been no waiting, always call backs. appt scheduled and so easy to talk to. I've never waited longer than 10 minutes for my appts nor have I waited more than an hour for a call back. Simply Fabulous..........

Boston Lady I think you are all set...what about somesoup or tea? sometimes you get sick of drinking cold stuff and I got dizzy at one point but when I added the Soup the salt made it better.

They will give you a script for liquid pain meds when you are discharged. Sometimes its hard to get the script filled at your local pharmacy (mine wanted 2 days).If you can get the script filled before your surgery (need to ask the office) or at the hospital's pharm.

Heidi..way to go! Keep it up...one step at a time. Im looking forward to getting back on track starting tomorrow when my vacation ends. Ready to fight the good fight..... again. :biggrin:

CONSUMER ALERT: was shopping at Target and they had Atkins shakes for $4.00 for four...seen them at Walmart for over $6 and change and even CVS for $7.

Also in the bins where the sell the dollar junk stuff they had resistance bands for excerising for $2.50 with instructions. Gonna try them out for a change of pace.

Thank you Tiny.....any suggestions on the soup or tea? I bought dandelion tea and ginger tea for upset tummy, what do you suggest? what do you think of the Protein Shots (liquid Protein tubes)

Heidi..way to go! Keep it up...one step at a time. Im looking forward to getting back on track starting tomorrow when my vacation ends. Ready to fight the good fight..... again. :biggrin:

Also Tiny, which Target? I went to the one in watertown today and they are over $6....thanks

Bostonlady, broth based Soups anything without chunks. There was a Lipton Cream of chicken cup of Soup dry package that I liked or Campbells Soup at Hand. I also had a small sieve like strainer that was helpful in getting out solids of stuff.

I found the shakes at Target in Abington...wonder if it was a fluke thing? Glad to hear Dr T's office has been so receptive. I know he maybe picking up more patients now that Dr Mun is gone/leaving.

Heidi good luck with Dr V. This is my first time in close to 2 years I dont have a 6wk follow up...very strange for me. lol

Random: know what stinks? having good restriction and not losing weight and making poor food choices. I am off to the gym to pay for my vacation indulgences :)

Edited by tinywishes123

Well, I'm off to boston today at 2:30 for my 4:00 app. I have to bring my youngest w/ me...... OH JOY!

She's 2 1/2 yrs old so it should be interesting. Wish me luck!

Well, I'm off to boston today at 2:30 for my 4:00 app. I have to bring my youngest w/ me...... OH JOY!

It's a beautiful day outside. Too bad you can't combine it with a trip into the aquarium or something fun for her! Hey, as long as you don't cry, she won't. :thumbup:

Good luck with your appointment. Did you make time to workout yesterday, too? :)

good luck Heidi, at least its not humid today

Harvard Pilgrim is somthing else........I got approval letter in the mail within 24 hours......hows that for service. I'm looking forward to having the 3 weeks off after surgery to already be in the mushy stage when I return to work almost into regular foods. Does anyone here have the realize band? Thats what I"m getting and their site is really cool and free when you get their band in. I've talked to a few nutrionist and bio people and they say I shouldn't have the hair issue as long as I do the Protein and I take organic coconut oil already, which helps anyone with malabsorbtion etc......so we'll see, I'll report to let you know. I have long thick hair so we'll see. Just a little sharing, you can look up the benefits of organic virgin coconut oil, its even good in coffee or tea or you can put in your shaker. You can even cook with it. Thank god its a better day in Boston today. have a great day everyone

anyone tried this:

NATURE'S WAY, Alive! shake SOY Protein-VANILLA 2.2lb PWDR

A comprehensive, Whole food Multi-Vitamin shake with added benefit of Solae™ Soy Proten in vanilla Flavor. thumb_ultrashake-V.JPG

(Larger View)

MSRP $40.99 VALUE PRICE $24.59 Quantity:

Manufacturer: Nature's Way

Item#: NWAY-15390

UPC: 033674153901 Product Details Alive! ® Ultra-Shake™ is the ultimate nutritional energy source. It?s also a comprehensive, whole food multi-vitamin with the added benefit of Solae™ soy Protein. Each serving contains more invigorating nutrients from more natural sources than any other supplement.

• Delicious powdered shake mix version of the Alive! “mega nutrient” formula found in tablets and capsules
  • Available in both vanilla and Apple-Cinnamon flavors
  • Complete Protein with 18 amino acids
  • Good for your Heart: 25 grams of soy protein a day, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease; Each serving provides 15 grams of soy protein.
  • Better digested than other soy Proteins
  • Vegetarian, non-dairy alternative to whey protein
  • Naturally filling to lessen appetite
  • More Fiber and less carbs than other whole food energy shakes
  • Easy to mix, no blender required; Just add Water, juice or milk
  • Quickly absorbed
  • Once daily potency

Alive!® supplements are the ultimate Whole Food Energizers™-- with more invigorating nutrients from more natural sources than any other product.

• 29 Vitamins & Minerals
  • 24 Fruits & Veggies
  • 14 Green Foods
  • 18 Amino Acids
  • 12 Digestive Enzymes
  • 10 Essential Fatty Acids
  • 12 Organic Mushrooms

#1 Mega Nutrient. Alive! represents the new thinking in supplements for daily health and energy, with a greater diversity of specially balanced nutrients from three important areas:

1. daily essentials
  2. botanical energizers
  3. system defenders including antioxidants

Quickly Absorbed. Alive! products are specially formulated for easy digestion and absorption into the bloodstream. Even the tablets break up quickly in the digestive tract. In comparison tests with other whole food brands, Alive! tablets were the only ones to completely disintegrate in 20 minutes or less (the proper time to ensure uptake into the body). Other brands took up to 5 times longer. 15390_SUP.jpg