Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

I'm in AND I got the waterbottle from Jamie!! So I will bring it with me....so you can finally have it back after 4 months, Bostongurl! :thumbup:

Hope you guys will be at the meeting!

I had my psych and nutritionist visits plus a follow-up dr's visit when I got my date for Banding about a month ago.

I was under the assumption that we went in for a final visit BEFORE the procedure when we were officially weighed, put on the pre-op program for 2 weeks and then BOOM-the Banding Day.

I did hear from the office yeterday and the message was..'wait'. It seems like I was scheduled for an ekg and anesthesiologist visit this week, but the Faulkner people never got back to the secretary to confirm it. She sent another 'nudge' and is still waiting to hear from them.

Still in the waiting game.

As for "official' to-the-letter pre op diet, I am beginning that tomorrow which will be exactly 2 weeks before .

It's Chinese tonight!!!!

I guess I have to revise my ticker below since I had pizza last night also. One final fling!

But while I was on that mini- weight loss since my last visit, what a difference I notice in my sleeping. I feel well rested in the a.m. because of not having to digest all that food.(I am tired today LOL)

~That's all she wrote.~

the office came through!

Got my dates, got my times.

Houston, we're good to go!

outstanding!!! :rolleyes:

I GOT BANDED!! on Wednesday. I am in so much pain!! Went on on wednesday morning everything went smoothly. Got up to the room and I was seriously nauseas. The gave me medicine to fix that. Made it through the day with a 6 on the pain scale. Went to be (or tried to it's virtually impossible to sleep in the hospital). Got up -- holy GAS pain. The gas really hit me on Thursday. I have never been in so much pain. I am still trying to relieve the gas..they say walking around helps. I must have walked a mile around that hospital and it didn't work. FINALLY, got released around 5pm went to the pharmacy and apparently very few places have the liquid oxycontin. So, my husband had to drive all over trying to find it. They also gave me suppository to help with nausea. I had to "take" two of those when I got home - so buy some plastic gloves before your surgery.

I'm up now, and just had my first shake..It's going pretty well so far. But, up to now, I've had that "What in the hell did I do??" feeling.

Post more soon.

Yay! You made it through successfully. No doubt you are feeling rotten and in pain. I have had surgeries in the past and each time I had those regrets for a day or 2 and then they subside and life goes on anew!

Take it easy. I have not been banded yet, but I know some of the others who have will jump in and offer suggestions about the gas pain.

Did you request pain and anti nausea meds before you had your procedure or after you experienced the pain and discomfort?

I had it thru IV during my last procedure and pre-requested it. I wonder if the Brigh/Faulkner does that.

Now that you're banded....take it easy. You shouldn't have a great deal of pain if you don't move! :tt1: Get up and walk around when you feel up for it, but sleep...sleep, sleep! Everything seems better when you're well rested.

As far as the gloves go, are you serious??!! You wear gloves to do the "silver bullet" as my ex so affectionately dubbed it? I have to say, there is no amount of nausea that will make me shove something up my a$$......none!

Sorry to hear about the complication with the pain meds. I had the doctors call it in for me so it was there when I arrived home.

So--walk to get that gas out of your system. sleep as much as you can and rest up. You've got some work ahead of you! :)

Someone on another board said that Unjury was not suggested because it made you vomit.

Has anyone found Unjury to swell when mixed in liquid?

Did it make you vomit?

I was thinking of getting the unflavored to add to my Glucerna shakes on post op diet.

The Office came through!

Got my dates, got my times.

HOUSTON, WE'RE GOOD TO GO!

WooHoo! Congratulations Singing! So happy to hear you have your date. It seems they make us jump through hoops to get this surgery but in the scheme of things it makes sense because it truly is life changing. It is not like getting your ears pierced! The knowledge that you have the approval and now the surgery date steels you for the next steps. Best wishes for the next leg of your journey!

I GOT BANDED!! on Wednesday. I am in so much pain!! Went on on wednesday morning everything went smoothly. I'm up now, and just had my first shake..It's going pretty well so far. But, up to now, I've had that "What in the hell did I do??" feeling.

Post more soon.

Congratulations Msdollaz! Are you feeling better today? I am willing to bet you are feeling much better now and know that you made the right decision. After a few days, the surgery becomes a distant memory as thoughts of "oh no, it's time for another Protein shake" creep in. One of the things I found helpful was to set alarms on my cell phone to remind me of what I should be drinking, Vitamins and meds I should take and when. It is critical that you try to get all of the liquids in so you don't feel really hungry. Getting all those shakes in isn't as easy as one would think.

Will tell you Msdollaz, I am having a heck of a time filling the time when I would have been thinking about what great meal I was going to cook, shopping for it, cooking it and eating it. I have all this time on my hands! I also find myself watching the food Network and browsing recipes online. Guess I am still mourning my old stomach!

For now I will daydream of my future healthier body as I begin to feel more flexible and lighter with the newer, better, improved one I have today. It's all good! :rolleyes2:

THIS Tuesday's Brigham Support Meeting scheduled for MAY 19th will be in another room for that night only:

Duncan Reid Conference Room

directions:

* enter through 75 Francis St

*take escalator to 2nd fl

*turn rt, past gift shop onto the hallway called THE PIKE

*take exit 3 off the pike, on your right , and proceed past elevators

*take 1st rt, the Duncun Reid Conf Room is at the end of the hallway directly ahead

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just remembered and thought I'd post it for anyone planning to attend.

thank you so much for the notice of room change for the meeting!

Hang in there MzD...I was one of those 'lucky' folks who did have a lot of pain and yes I took the silver bullets at l2t7 referred to and it was worth it :laugh:. When I caught the stomach bug and was sick at 1am they were very helpful.

TIP: the liquid pain meds are hard to fill...either call the Dr office and ask for the script before your surgery or fill the actually script in the pharmacy AT the hospital. I once had a delay filling it at CVS even with getting the script a head of time bc of a weekend and holiday...its not something you want to be without.

Hey everyone, tomorrow will be the first time i'm driving in to Brigham... where is the best place to park and how much is it?

thanks!

I don't know where this new room is, but do know it's cheaper to park beneath the hospital. I drive to Francis Street and (depending on which end you're coming from) it's right below the foyer where we go up to the dr. appointments. Coming from the Brigham Circle end, it's on the right---pull into the entrance (pass the exit first) and bear right to go below and into the garage. It's before the main entrance to the hospital coming from that end....hope that helps! :purplebananna: