Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

Hi I was banded at Faulkner on 12/3/08

ylj

HI! Glad you can join us! I only pop in when there are comeents but it's nice to hear what others are dealing with & they can help out too! CONGRATS!!! :tongue2:

Hey girls... haven't been on the site in a while. I have to admit I am still very discouraged. I thought for sure after this fill (#3) I would feel some restriction! The first few days I though so, but it turns out that I am still hungry all day and can pretty much eat anything! I feel the looks from the people who know that I had surgery and they are thinking... what happened! I have put 10 pounds of the 25 I had lost!! I am thinking about joining WW AGAIN... though I thought I wouldn't have to do that again...at this point I am wondering if I should have just had a GB!!! I know I sound so negative and that the band should just be a tool, but my tool is broken!!

I Hear what your saying girl. I 've had 5 fills. And not long after my 4th I could still eat a ton of food & was hungry a lot. I only lost 1 lbs last month (I could have done better w/ my eating though).

This time I'm pretty tight so I'm not eating too much because of that. I don't feel that hungry at all SO FAR. I'm hoping this one or next one will hit my "SWEET SPOT".

I know we all got the band because we have a hard time controlling what we eat. Untill we hit are sweet spot we do have to try to follow our plans we were given. I know it's hard when you are hungry. We have to hold on till we hit that perfect fill. :huh2: Hang in there it WILL come!!! :tongue2:

Hi All: was looking to see if there was a MA forum when I found this. I am going to get my surgery date assigned on Jan 8th. I need to ask you all if you would do it again. Sorry just a little nervous.... everyone says it is normal but was it all worth it:sad: Worried on so many levels...

HI!!

I have NO REGRETS at all! :huh2: I am so thrilled w/ my band!

Yeah, the first 3-4 wks suck but it gets so much better after that. I had my surgery 9-25-08 & have lost 30 lbs. It's a bit slower then some but I have no complaints at all. I don't even remember the last time i lost a good amount of weight. Everyone is starting to notice now & I'm starting to feel good about my looks again. You'll do great!! :tongue2:

Hi All - I have been doing pretty well since I spoke to you last but I am having a tough time right now. I have had been stuck since 7:30 pm, it's now 2:30am. I am finally drinking some hot tea after sliming, vomiting, and burping for hours. I had the keys in my hand to go to the Brigham but decided to hop online for some advice as a last effort. Hot tea, heating pad, and anxiety meds are helping take the edge off. I really did not want to go to the ER. I think it will pass.

ttyl,

Amy

Oh no!! I hope your ok now! I have gotten stuck but got it down within a minute or so. I could not imagine having that awful feeling for hours! :tongue2: I would go if you still have the pain now. Let us know what happends.

Hi everyone. Sorry I havent been around, work has been very very CRAZY.

Amy- How are you?

I had my fourth fill on the 15th, am now up to 8.1cc in my 14cc band. No hunger for about a week and getting stuck a bit more but overall feeling ok. no big weight loss but the holidays (and work) kicked my butt.

Next fill is on the 12th, but I am afraid to be overfilled and that I should just work on my eating plan more.

Next support group meeting is Tuesday Jan 20th 2009 for the Brigham (sorry dont have the Faulker date)

Hi everyone. Sorry I havent been around, work has been very very CRAZY.

Amy- How are you?

I had my fourth fill on the 15th, am now up to 8.1cc in my 14cc band. No hunger for about a week and getting stuck a bit more but overall feeling ok. no big weight loss but the holidays (and work) kicked my butt.

Next fill is on the 12th, but I am afraid to be overfilled and that I should just work on my eating plan more.

Next support group meeting is Tuesday Jan 20th 2009 for the Brigham (sorry dont have the Faulker date)

Hi Tiny!

I'm wondering how it felt when you had slippage? I don't think i have slipped but am a bit nervous. When I breathe deep it hurts a bit in my chest kinda pulls. Feels like maybe in my lung or I could have pulled a muscle. It feels connected to my band though. When food goes down I feel it too. Hard to explain :party:. I'm so nervous. How did you know?

Hey there, Heidi. Hope you're ok.

I went to see Dr. Robinson today. Mr. Personality was very awkward when I ended up crying in front of him.....OH, my....not a comfortable situation, but that will definitely teach HIM to ask, "Is everything ok?" Yeah, it was BAD.....but I didn't get an unfill after all. I'm down 15 pounds in the past month so I'm told I shouldn't workout as much and to go out and enjoy the holiday week and EAT. Ha, ha, ha......So.....I'm all ready for our next meeting.

Hope you all had a great holiday. May 2009 be an even healthier and happy New Year for all of us. :) Hope you'll all be there on the 20th. :)

Hey there, Heidi. Hope you're ok.

I went to see Dr. Robinson today. Mr. Personality was very awkward when I ended up crying in front of him.....OH, my....not a comfortable situation, but that will definitely teach HIM to ask, "Is everything ok?" Yeah, it was BAD.....but I didn't get an unfill after all. I'm down 15 pounds in the past month so I'm told I shouldn't workout as much and to go out and enjoy the holiday week and EAT. Ha, ha, ha......So.....I'm all ready for our next meeting.

Hope you all had a great holiday. May 2009 be an even healthier and happy New Year for all of us. :) Hope you'll all be there on the 20th. :)

WOW!!! Down 15 lbs!!! WTG girl!

I think I have a pulled muscle........at least I HOPE so. :wink2:

Heidi it sounds like you have a pulled muscle or irritated diaphragm. You can always call the PA line and ask them, or even try to email Dr V. If you need the number send me a message. Did you get stuck on something and vomit?

It was very hard to pinpoint the exact symptoms of a slippage bc it can be so subtle, we aren’t sure if I slipped early out and then it got acute and I KNEW something wasn’t right. But mostly I had problems with eating, keeping foods/liquids down, and lots of indigestion and heartburn. I know its vague but its different for every person. One thing Ive come to learn is that heartburn and reflux are a sign something isn’t right

L2t7 were you looking for an unfill? How you feeling now? Stressed? Haws the eating going?

I’ve changed my appt so I could make the 20th meeting.

Heidi it sounds like you have a pulled muscle or irritated diaphragm. You can always call the PA line and ask them, or even try to email Dr V. If you need the number send me a message. Did you get stuck on something and vomit?

It was very hard to pinpoint the exact symptoms of a slippage bc it can be so subtle, we aren’t sure if I slipped early out and then it got acute and I KNEW something wasn’t right. But mostly I had problems with eating, keeping foods/liquids down, and lots of indigestion and heartburn. I know its vague but its different for every person. One thing Ive come to learn is that heartburn and reflux are a sign something isn’t right

L2t7 were you looking for an unfill? How you feeling now? Stressed? Haws the eating going?

I’ve changed my appt so I could make the 20th meeting.

Thanks for the feedback Tiny/

I haven't had any of the indigestion problems you spoke of. I'm still pretty tight. This is really hard though. It seems to be getting worse. Thank goodness my mums around to help me w/ the girls today.

wtg luv2teech7

I hope that the new year brings you all of the desires of your heart. I'm sorry that you had a crying spell. and hope that things get better with you. Happy new years to all of my fellow bandster at faulkner and brigham.

I have a question, I am due for my first fill on Jan. 15 I don't feel that I need one right now. I fell full very quickly If eat 2 or 3 tsp of something. I've lost 30 lbs since 12/3/ does that sound like I need a fill. A friend of mine was banded in May, 2008 and has not had a fill yet. She has lost over 60 lbs. What do you think fellow bandster.

Heidi, HOW ARE YOU NOW???

YLJ: Even if you're scheduled for a fill, your doctor will ask you a few questions to determine if it's really appropriate to give you a fill. 1) Are you hungry between meals?

2) How much are you eating at each meal?

3) Do you feel restricted or can you consume at least the directed amount at each meal?

If you're feeling restricted and don't want a fill, you should still go in for your regularly scheduled appointments, at least for the first 6 months or so. It's good to let them document your progress and check to be sure that things are ok. Congrats on your weight loss! It's great to hear you've had such success!!!

yes Heidi how are you feeling now? I didnt realize you were also tight. I think you may be swollen and need an unfill if this is still continuing

greeting LYJ and like Luv said you most likely dont need a fill but its good to check in with your Dr and let them assess you and how often you should be going back for check ups.

Happy New Year to all my fellow bandsters!

Happy New year to all of brigham & faulkner hospital bandster.

I went to weight watchers this morning. I have lost 31.4 lbs. I am so excited and my clothes are getting mighty lose on me. I will keep my appt. on the 15th.