Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

Ok...back to the drawing board again. After a miserable Christmas of throwing everything up, I'm headed for an unfill on Tuesday. Nothing gets "stuck", but everything comes right back up! I'm hoping his computer is back up and working and he'll have my history of fills and unfills in front of him this time...MIGHT be helpful. :tongue2:

How was everyone's holiday??

Hey Paige...so sorry to hear about your Christmas...I am definitely eating less, but am going for a fill on Tuesday, and HOPE this will do it. Hope everyone else had a great holiday, and look forward to seeing everyone at the meeting:) Katie

What time is your appt.? I'm headed in at 10:45 on Tuesday....

Happy New Year Ladies

I am sorry to hear that you had some difficulity. I hope that your unfill helps to correct the problems you had on yesterday. When is the next meeting? I need to be there.

ylj:confused:

I am not enjoying my meals, such as they are. It seems that I can only eat one thing at a time. I feel full all the time. I'm sipping on pineapple juice to help keep things going down smoothly. I'm not sure what is going on with me about now. I'm now trying to eat some spinach. I'm also having difficulty with chewing slowly. I also need some variety in my meal planning.

ylj

Oh, I'm sorry to hear you're struggling too. Are you filling up fast or having a hard time getting things down? If you're filling up, then chewing long won't make much of a difference. Have you played with different textures? I actually have a tough time with things that have a lot of liquid. I know it's supposed to be easier, but I do better with crunchy stuff. Also, if I haven't eaten for too long, I have a harder time eating. Mornings are always a challenge, but late night, there's nothing stopping me!! The more you experiment the better. Eating one thing at a time works best during the experimentation so you can figure out what does and doesn't work. Also, what works today might not work tomorrow or even later today....it's all so fickle! Hope it gets better. I assume the next meeting isn't for at least 2-3 weeks. It's usually the 2nd or 3rd Tuesday of the month. I'll check in this week when I'm there. :tongue2:

Hi All: was looking to see if there was a MA forum when I found this. I am going to get my surgery date assigned on Jan 8th. I need to ask you all if you would do it again. Sorry just a little nervous.... everyone says it is normal but was it all worth it:sad: Worried on so many levels...

Hi All: was looking to see if there was a MA forum when I found this. I am going to get my surgery date assigned on Jan 8th. I need to ask you all if you would do it again. Sorry just a little nervous.... everyone says it is normal but was it all worth it:sad: Worried on so many levels...

I've had issues, but even with them, I've never regretted my decision. We talked about this very thing at our last support group meeting we all went to. I've only lost 85 pounds, but even with that, this is a new year for me. I struggle with keeping food down now, but even today, I was ok with a yogurt and 3 turkey meatballs even though my house is filled with food. It's provided me a freedom I never imagined I could have. I knew I love to eat and cook, but never realize how obsessed I was.....I workout far more than anyone I have met and haven't lost as much as I expected. However, I'm down from a size 24 pant to a consistent 14. I can do 60 minutes on the treadmill without being sore after....that alone is HUGE for me. The band has truly provided me a freedom I never imagined. It wasn't about the weight for me...it was the lack of control. I have that now. Good luck. Have you decided on your surgeon? Please, keep in touch. I know we're all very willing to chat about our experiences here. :hurray:

Good Evening Ladies,

I was chewing a piece of gum and swallowed it. What can I do if it gets struck.

Good Evening Ladies,

I was chewing a piece of gum and swallowed it. What can I do if it gets struck.

Wait it out. No telling if it will or if you'll have pain. Just try not to panic. It will move along, but do not drink anything to wash it down. That will just make it worse. Do the best you can to go about your day without thinking about it. Despite getting something "stuck", food will eventually dissolve. Gum will, too. The more you panic, the worse things feel. You'll be ok. We're here for you!!! Good luck. :hurray:

Thanks for the reply. I am scheduled with Dr. Robinson and hope to get surgery in February. I know I will be having a lot more questions and this site has been great. I don't think I will regret anything, just need to get over my cold feet.

Thanks for the reply. I am scheduled with Dr. Robinson and hope to get surgery in February. I know I will be having a lot more questions and this site has been great. I don't think I will regret anything, just need to get over my cold feet.

I would strongly recommend going to one of the support group meetings, either at the Faulkner or the Brigham. The Brigham's group is more well attended. (we all go!) If you can make it, you should go! You'll get lots of answers for any questions and apprehensions you may have. Please join us! :hurray:

Hi All - I have been doing pretty well since I spoke to you last but I am having a tough time right now. I have had been stuck since 7:30 pm, it's now 2:30am. I am finally drinking some hot tea after sliming, vomiting, and burping for hours. I had the keys in my hand to go to the Brigham but decided to hop online for some advice as a last effort. Hot tea, heating pad, and anxiety meds are helping take the edge off. I really did not want to go to the ER. I think it will pass.

ttyl,

Amy

Edited by AmyF

Hey there, Amy.

It's been an hour since you posted and I hope you're ok. I think the best thing to do is just wait it out, provided it's something that will dissolve eventually. If you can get/keep tea down, you should be ok in a little while.....

Sorry to hear you're struggling. Keep us posted. They're back in the offices tomorrow so you can see your own doctor, rather than someone in the ER who isn't familiar with the Lap Band.....