Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

its hard to say what it is. Is is constant, only after eating, does it go away when you are on liquids?

when I had the bad heartburn it wasnt like before sugery,it was a constant hard stone (???) like pit feeling. Taking prilosec helped a bunch.Have you tried any antiacids?

Well, I'm not sure it's even heartburn. It's in my chest, not my throat where it was before surgery. I have been ok today and didn't wake last night, though I didn't go to bed til after 2 and had to be up at 5:30.....so it's not as if I had much time to try!

Is the support meeting next week? If so, I won't be able to go. My bosses are taking us to dinner for the holidays---and since they've never done that before, I don't want to say no. I'm sorry because I'd really rather go with all of you and talk with you than sit and pretend to eat with people I don't really care for....

Anyway, having a rough week. $2k in car repairs and hours online with my ex last night. Did finally get some answers to questions in my mind with him, though, and hoping that moves me toward closure. I also stopped wearing jewelry he's given me.....hoping that out of sight, out of mind will help. Being tight and not being able to eat is just an added bonus:frown:

I'm PMS'ing so hoping next week is better. First fill in 6 months and I'm not willing to give up on it yet!!

mine wasnt in my throat either but lower btw my breasts. not like before surgery

If you are waking up with Fluid coming then its def reflux. do a search here and you will find lots of info. I had this happen to me twice, both times were isolated and bc I ate then went to bed right after. So try to take some meds and watch when your last bite is.

I know you dont want to hear this but you might need a tiny unfill

Guess what I cant make the next meeting either, have a busy few weeks ahead of me. :)

Hey girls... haven't been on the site in a while. I have to admit I am still very discouraged. I thought for sure after this fill (#3) I would feel some restriction! The first few days I though so, but it turns out that I am still hungry all day and can pretty much eat anything! I feel the looks from the people who know that I had surgery and they are thinking... what happened! I have put 10 pounds of the 25 I had lost!! I am thinking about joining WW AGAIN... though I thought I wouldn't have to do that again...at this point I am wondering if I should have just had a GB!!! I know I sound so negative and that the band should just be a tool, but my tool is broken!!

Hey there, girly..don't give up yet. You've worked too hard. It will come. Clearly you just need more in your band than others. I sincerely hope you're taking measurements. That was my only saving grace in all of this---was having measurements to look at when the scale wasn't my friend. It's a hard time of year to battle with this. Go back, get another fill, and do your best to work at it. You knew this was the right choice for you. For some, this is easier---for us, not so. I'm telling you---I didn't lose anything but a few pounds for like 3 months or more. If not for my monthly measurements, I would have given up.

Eat as well as you can....until you're at the right place in your band, you're simply dieting. You'll get there. We're here to help. Don't be a stranger. This is when you most need to be online....:)

OH, and stop worrying about what others think. You'll drive yourself crazy. They'll notice soon enough. :thumbup:

Thanks Paige...

I feel much better since I ranted and raved...sorry for the negative post, but that was how I was feeling. I have a lot of family issues going on right now and that binge eating thing has come back full force... with no restriction I am really struggling....hopefully next fill will do it...enough about me...

Paige...how is your chest? Hopefully the antacids helped.

Mel...how are you? Hope you are back on track!

I can't make the meeting this month either.. I have a night out on Monday and my babysitter can't do both nights..

YLJ...congrats, welcome and good luck!

I guess no one will be at the meeting. lol

sorry you are feeling so down, these larger 14cc bands are much harder to get to that sweet spot/green zone. What is your fill level at now? I think I am at 7.4 now and I think my next fill will do it. usually its the 4 fill or when the band is around 1/2 full that people start talking about feeling the restriction. Then you do the whole too tight question yourself thingy which is another frustration

did you book another appt? if not do it now!!!!

I am doing okay not losing but not gaining. able to eat 98% of all things except for some reason pad thai noodles.????? I threw those up for a good 20 mins on sunday.

like Paige said stop worry about what everyone else thinks, you WILL get there

Wow...20 minutes? You must have either had a tough time getting them back up or eaten a lot of them! It takes me 3 minutes to get rid of everything....

That burning in my chest is ok. I find that it gets worst when I haven't eaten......but I'm thinking that it's not reflux. I'm doing ok. I'm PMS'ing and having a rough week both with work and with my emotions.....it will get better, right????

Thankfully, I haven't had a broken heart in YEARS, so I forgot how difficult this can be....

Wow...20 minutes? You must have either had a tough time getting them back up or eaten a lot of them! It takes me 3 minutes to get rid of everything....

That burning in my chest is ok. I find that it gets worst when I haven't eaten......but I'm thinking that it's not reflux. I'm doing ok. I'm PMS'ing and having a rough week both with work and with my emotions.....it will get better, right????

Thankfully, I haven't had a broken heart in YEARS, so I forgot how difficult this can be....

yes thats how long it took to get it all up with a lot of spit. wish it would all pop out. Maybe I dont wait long enough when the pain starts???? should I???

I really really do think its heartburn/reflux, can you ask for a script for prolisec or buy it over the counter and take it for 14 days?Yyou could really irritated your stomach lining and therefore your stoma could get swollen, you get tighter or get gastritis. At least call the PA line....please.....dont make me worry

I hate to admit it, but I think the reason it takes me such a short time is because I start to panic and need to control it. I never wait to see how things go....

As far as calling, the pain isn't at all constant. I've had it off and on, and it isn't really bad. I'm getting used to it. I don't think it's anything to worry about....so please don't worry. If I thought I should worry, I'd call. :tt1:

Right now I am at 7cc's.... I have an appt for the 30th and I hope this one will do it.. I feel much better today and know it will take me a long time...I can't give up now!

Hey there, ladies! I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I've been looking for pictures from last Christmas so I can see how far I've come. I've been baking up a storm and haven't even wanted any. That, in itself, is a HUGE accomplishment!! Have a super holiday. When is the next meeting? Drop me a note to say hello when you have time! I'm off til Jan. 5th. :thumbup:

Merry Christmas Ladies,

Its been 21/2 weeks for me now. I'm doing okay. I have taken off 24 lbs and I'm in stage 4 now. I ground everything up in the food processor and eat until I feel full. I never finish anyone thing, buts thats okay. I'm learning how to leave something on my plate. I feel pretty good. I am back to work. I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Let me know when the support group starts up again. I want to return.

Blessings

yljones

Merry Christmas Ladies,

Its been 21/2 weeks for me now. I'm doing okay. I have taken off 24 lbs and I'm in stage 4 now. I ground everything up in the food processor and eat until I feel full. I never finish anyone thing, buts thats okay. I'm learning how to leave something on my plate. I feel pretty good. I am back to work. I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Let me know when the support group starts up again. I want to return.

Blessings

yljones

24 POUNDS?! Yay, you!!! Great job. Glad to hear you're feeling well and able to live with the band. It is a huge adjustment. Happy holidays! See you in the new year. :thumbup: