Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there to you all..i have been living in Greece for 18 years i come form the UK...I have been thinking about a lap-band for a while now ...many years i have been struggling with my weight up and down up and down even had a Tummy Tuck when i lost weight but its greeping back on..i need to do something about it befrore it gets out of hand and i think this is my best soloution......I have been looking for a surgeon in Greece but thay are not easy to fins as they are in America and the UK not a lot of web sites.....if anyone knows of one please let me know

Love and hugs to you all we need it

Joanne

Hi,

My name is Stella - I also live in Greece now. I was banded in Belguim by Dr DeBruyn for only 3500 euros - I have my fills done in InterBalkan clinic in Saloniki by Dr Nicholas Sikas - he does the band surgery there. I could give you his details if you want. My point is that if you have the band done in Greece it will be more expensive even if you have IKA which covers the cost of the band only.

Hi Stella, Hi Joanne,

I'm from Greece too. Wow cant believe that there are greeks here too.

I am on my way to having lap band surgery in Athens hopefully in a couple of weeks time. Joanne i can give you the name of my surgeon for you to go and see him. He is really great. I have only visited him once but he made me feel very comfortable. Let me know if you are interested.

This thursday i need to go for the IKA approval and then as soon as i get that i book the surgery date, apparently there is no long waitlist. Surgery can be done right away.

Cost for the surgery is 7500 but IKA covers approx 4000.

Joanne do you live in Athens?

Stella where do you live?

Tia

Hi there Stella....I dont live in Athens but i live on the island of Corfu.....how heavy do you have to be to get IKA to approve the op...I have asked a few surgeons but its very expensive.....look forward to your reply Thanks

i havnt had the operation yet but when i do the fills will be done in Athens by Dr Odysseas Voudouris.

Stella how long since you had the surgery and how much have you lost?

I had the surgery on 7 July 2005 and at the beginning I weighed 107 kg and by July 2007 I weighed 65kg but now after the birth of my second daughter I weigh 75kg - I have to loose 10kg but my band is unfilled due to the pregnancy!

Thats fantastic Stella. For both the weight loss and most expecially the birth of your second child. Congratulations. I'm so happy for you. Thats the main reason why i need to loose my excess weight. My husband want to start having children but i have several problems due to the excess weight. I have hormonal problems causing me to have an irregular period and also i dont ovulate. I also have a blocked fallopian tube but thats not due to the weight. Anyway as i said, im going for the IKA approval this week and hopfully next week or the week after i have surgery. Tell me stella did you go on a liquid diet before?

Hi styliani,

Can you give me the details on how to contact your Dr. in Belgium?

Thank you so much!!!!

Vu