Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two weeks away, insurance not yet approved -- could use some hand-holding!

Oh wow!! I don't have to do the liquid diet. I think my family would disown me. I am hoping the 3 weeks of liquid after surgery will go smoothly. I was wondering the same thing with my insurance company. My surgeons office filed the paperwork. I did speak to my insurance company before they filed the papers to see what my coverage was. but, that is it. I would like to call, but like you am afraid to interfere. I guess we have every right to know what's going on though. how old are your children? My boys are 3 and 6. Fun times!!!

I have a boy and a girl, 9 and 11. Boys sure do love their mamas, don't they. Mine still wants me to give him a bath once and a while, and both kids still need me to tuck them in every night.

I am sure I will one day miss these days!

Yes, my boys are wonderful and very loving, especially my oldest. He is very attached to his mommy. My yongest is a little more rough and tumble. I have to travel out of town to have the surgery and am hoping they will do okay with it. I will also be out of town the week before for work. They really aren't used to me being gone. I don't want to tell them about the surgery because I don't want them to worry, but its amazing what kids pick up on. How are your children dealing with your surgery? Have you talked to them about what is going to happen? My kids always want me to sit with them until they are done eating. Infact, thats when most of my overeating occurs. Should be interesting. It sounds like it will take lots of time to get through all the chewing though.:) How is your liquid diet going? Are you doing the protien drinks? Hope all is well!!

My daughter is a bit nervous; my son seems to be okay. Until recently, I had never been away from them, but having had a sleep study a few weeks ago (which required an overnight stay), has hopefully helped them a bit. To tell you the truth, I'm more afraid of what a mess the house will be when I get home. My husband (who has to take off from work the day of and after my surgery) doesn't exactly tidy up much. He leaves dishes on the table and counters, and clothes on the floor.

I am also worried about being able to eat without choking, as mealtimes are often fraught with fights between the two kids. Just a few minutes ago, they were punching each other while they ate, and expecting me to referee. I'm so used to gulping down food in between screaming at them to stop touching, looking, or talking to each other that being able to chew thoroughly is going to be a challenge. If it's a choice between me choking and them killing one another, I'm going to have to go with the killing.

It's my third day of the liquid diet, and it was a bit easier today. However, cooking dinner was tough. In fact, anything having to do with food is tough, whether real or on paper. When I came in from taking the dog out this morning, my daughter was eating French Toast sticks -- and I swear that until today, I never noticed how sweet they smelled. The scent assaulted me as I stepped through the back door into the house. And then of course, today being Wednesday, the newspaper's Part II section was all about food, as it is every Wednesday. I found myself hypnotized by the pictures and descriptions. But other than that, I'm doing okay!

I've been drinking Slim-Fast Optima (in cans), and they're pretty tasty. I wish they had some other varieties, though -- like rib steak, baked potato, and chicken cordon bleu.

I also saw my PCP today, and obtained medical clearance.

Booboo Kitty you look great! Congrats on your weight loss! You exercised 1.5 hours everyday???? How long after the surgery did you start the exercising?

Thanks! :)

About 1 month I think. I didn't start out at 1.5 hours I worked my way up to that. It has been so long now, lol...

Just heard from the surgeon's office today that they spoke with the insurance company, and that my case in in review. So I guess I should know in a couple of days...

Meanwhile, I am on the second week of my pre-op liquid diet, and surviving. My surgery is scheduled for a week from today (4/7). I sure hope the news from the insurance company will be good news. Without insurance, it won't be happening.

Just heard from the surgeon's office today that they spoke with the insurance company, and that my case in in review. So I guess I should know in a couple of days...

Meanwhile, I am on the second week of my pre-op liquid diet, and surviving. My surgery is scheduled for a week from today (4/7). I sure hope the news from the insurance company will be good news. Without insurance, it won't be happening.

Cheryl..I have my fingers crossed for you