Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have I waited too long to have and unfill?

:confused:It had been almost 4 months before "this" got so bad. I mean for the last 4 months I have had to be really careful about what I ate, but I could eat a sm bowl of Cereal w/2% milk for Breakfast, but sometimes lunch and dinner were way more difficult to keep down, I don't know what pbing is but if its what you throw up almost immediately after eating something that got stuck then thats what is happening.

But now just recenly (like the lat 2 weeks or so), I have been been experienceing such severe heart burn. Most days it would come and go, but yesterday through right now, It has been constant and at times so severe i want to die or pass out to get away from the horrible pain.

My greatest fear is that i would have to have my lap band removed, i mean did I wait too long to be checked out? does it sound as though my band has slipped?If it has slipped can they make it right again?

I have an appointment with my surgeon on Friday (he is so wonderful I have his cell phone #) He told me to make an appointment to come in and he would remove some of the saline, but when I called his office they said the soonest they could get me in was on Friday! Should I call my surgeon back today and let him know that I'm not seeing him until Friday?

I am so scared that I've had a slip or something?

Anyone, anything? I'm am desperate to talk to someone who might know anything about what I am experiencing.

Sorry I don't have a ticker I was banded November 29th 2006, by Dr Milton Owens, who is wonderful, he also took out my (gallbladder about 5 months after my banding) I've lost around 115 pounds now I rarely think about my weight anymore,(I am so comfortable in my size 8 jeans and medium shirts and I' going to be 50 in june, I don't have to be super slim like i did when I was in my 20's and 30's) I mean I'm still losing but just extremely slow now. I'm afraid if I lose too fast I'll have too much loose skin.

anything would help even just some support, my family is so sick of this happening, they don't even want to discuss it with me anymore. I don't blame them, they've had no experience like this before!

Edited by karenjinsd

I just had some Fluid removed, I was tooooo tight and eating all the bad stuff. DENIAL ! This is not about restriction, it is about eating smaller portions and losing. I actually gained a pound the last 5 weeks. I was risking a slip or erosion doing this. Get that out of your head about the restriction being sooo tight. Not healthy, had a friend slip, dont do this! You can portion your foods instead and eat the health stuff.

I would call the doctor's office back and demand to be seen earlier. Perhaps they don't understand that you need an unfill immediately, as requested by your doctor. Sometimes the office staff does not know what the doctor has requested/recommended, and so they don't know the emergency nature of the situation. If the office staff cannot schedule you in before Friday, I would stay on liquids until then. It's been mentioned many times on this board that if you pb (spit your food back up), then that typically causes your stomach/esophagus to swell, causing further problems with eating solids, which then causes more pb's. It's a cycle. The general rule, which I personally follow, is that after a pb, go on liquids for a full 24 hours, if not more. This gives your stomach time to rest and calm down.

As for whether you have a slip, I don't know. Only your doctor can diagnose that, but I have heard that heartburn can be a symptom of a slip.

Good luck. Take care of yourself and baby your stomach for a while -- it deserves it!