Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Decision - please help!

OK so here is my dilema. I have been thinking over the past few weeks that I need a fill. I started the process at my doc's office and got approved to get one last week and I am scheduled for next week 4/1. NOW after I am scheduled I am suddenly having several incidents of PBing/stuck kind of situaton and I hadn't had the problem in over a month. My period is due next week and I have had a ton of stress in my life over the past couple of days. Also, I am sometimes able to eat a ton and sometimes not able to eat anything. Possibly I am not being as careful as I should because I know I am looser. 2 Questions: 1) am I jumping the gun on a fill and 2) am I insane to be getting a fill just before my period? In the past I have not noticed any change in restriction around my period.

Thanks for the input!

Stress causes my band to tighten up . I also can get so tight before/during my period that I have to go on liquids. I would say if this is still the case you might want to reconsider and put the fill off ? Or discuss it with your doc ?

Are you close to your docs office ? My follow ups are free for the first yr so it might not be a bad idea to go in and talk to him about it and the 2 of ya'll can decide together in his office ? In the mean time i would really pay attention to yourself and how your eating , make sure your following the "Rules" and make sure that's not an issue .

HTH

Mindy

Stress causes my band to tighten up . I also can get so tight before/during my period that I have to go on liquids. I would say if this is still the case you might want to reconsider and put the fill off ? Or discuss it with your doc ?

Are you close to your docs office ? My follow ups are free for the first yr so it might not be a bad idea to go in and talk to him about it and the 2 of ya'll can decide together in his office ? In the mean time i would really pay attention to yourself and how your eating , make sure your following the "Rules" and make sure that's not an issue .

HTH

Mindy

Thanks for your input. My fills are completely covered by my insurance so that is not an issue for me. THe problem is that the doctor is going away for a few weeks and I may not be able to get in until the end of April.

I guess I will see where I am at next week. I am not worried about being totally closed off or anything because the fills are done under the floroscope.

Thanks for your input. My fills are completely covered by my insurance so that is not an issue for me. THe problem is that the doctor is going away for a few weeks and I may not be able to get in until the end of April.

I guess I will see where I am at next week. I am not worried about being totally closed off or anything because the fills are done under the floroscope.

you can still be too tight under Flouro . I have all mine done under Flouro and still have had 2 unfills. Yes it keeps you from being totally closed. But you can still get TOO tight and have to go back for an unfill. With your doc being out of town what's going to happen if you need one ? My Fills dont typically kick in for 4-7 days after my fill . So i dont even find out im too tight until then. I have since learned after those 2 unfills that I dont tolerate 1cc fills I have to get .5cc fills. So dont let flouro be a false sense or security for you .

Its not a magic ball. It that makes sense its a tool. You might be better off waiting .

HTH

Mindy

I definately hear what you are saying. I am not worried about not being able to get an unfill b/c my surgeon works in a practice and one of his partners could alway unfill if neccessary. I do think I need an adjustment - I guess I will just try and really do a good assessment over the next week and reschedule if needed.

I definately hear what you are saying. I am not worried about not being able to get an unfill b/c my surgeon works in a practice and one of his partners could alway unfill if neccessary. I do think I need an adjustment - I guess I will just try and really do a good assessment over the next week and reschedule if needed.

I still struggle with " do i need a fill or do i wait "

its such a back and forth game .

good luck . I hope it goes well

Mindy

So interesting because today I made a real effort to drink all my Water and I was able to get about 9-10 glasses in. I think I was tight because I was dehydrated. Completely hydrated I feel almost no restriction.

So interesting because today I made a real effort to drink all my Water and I was able to get about 9-10 glasses in. I think I was tight because I was dehydrated. Completely hydrated I feel almost no restriction.

Could be also this is not true for everyone but barometric pressure affects my band (also causes Migraines for me ) stress causes my band to get tight my TOM affects the band . It changes from day to day unless im at the point where i have just lost so much weight I just have none left and im so loose and gotta have a fill. Then there is no stopping me ! LMAO

Good luck

mindy

Very weird ... this entire fill thing. Every time I think I understand what is going on I learn something new. Anyway, I am glad I scheduled the fill now!

Someone shared this link before, but it I think it really gives good advice on a "good fill". I'm going to try it before my next fill, my next fill will make fill #10 for me, so I'm hoping to get to that sweet spot, I'm really close!

Lap-band adjustment - Laparoscopic Band adjustment in Phoenix Arizona (AZ)