Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I too tight? I need your insights please....

GraceUtah, I know exactly what you are talking about. I too am painfully hungry every 2 1/2 to 3 hours after eating. I have 7.5cc in a 10cc band. Seems like I should have better restriction? Staying full longer? When I am hungry, I AM HUNGRY. It is not head hunger most of the time either. I can tell the difference between the two for the most part. My head hunger is a craving for something and my hunger, hunger is when my stomach is just aching for the food. I have all kinds of rumbling going on - sometimes to an embarrasment. Do you have any suggestions? Maybe eat every 2 hours? I see the fill doc on the 23rd of April. I'm wondering if I should call and get in sooner? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh, I was banded on Nov. 5th 2007. I've only lost about 20 - 22 pounds. It's a slow go but at least the scales have not gone the wrong way. Thanks, Dianne

Hi DLW:

What you said!!!! I am 100% with you about the hunger thing.:tt2: The band may keep hunger at bay for some people, but I am NOT one of them. I avoid carbs like the plague, but eating a small meal of good solid protein-if I don't get stuck, does NOT last 4 hours with me. I pretty much am hungry all day every 2-3 hours until dinner. I HAVE to snack or no one can live with me because I am a terror. I am always sipping Isopure, and I eat pieces of Protein bars for Snacks.

And during the day, even when I am full in my upper pouch after a meal, I swear that my lower stomach still aches for food-until dinner that is. After dinner, I almost never get hungry again until the next morning. I just wish I could get that satiated feeling during the day. I don't want any more restriction because I can barely eat good Protein (chicken) now without getting stuck, and the idea is to still be able to eat real food-not just protein smoothies. If I wanted to do that, I didn't need to get banded.

As far as weight loss, I was banded a little later than you-Dec 21- and have only lost 15 pounds.:cuss: I have 6.5 cc in my 10 cc band. I have considered asking the doc for some phentermine-am afraid of what his answer will be, so I haven't had to guts to ask him yet. Man, this is a tough road we are walking!

Sorry about the long whine-I did get pretty far off topic. :sneaky: My point to the OP is that MANY of us DO still get hungry every several hours even though we are at appropriate restriction. What I have done so as not to develop intolerable hunger is to divide my calories up into 5-6 meals. I am not losing as fast as some, because I am eating 1200-1500 calories a day, and that is going to allow me only .5 to 1 pound a week. This is NOT the 3 meals a day without snacking that my doc recommends, but if I HAD to eat only 3 meals a day without Snacks, I would probably have to kill him ha ha. Sucks to be us, but at least we are trying.:lol: