Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sushi Post-band

I have pretty good restriction right now and no problems with sushi other than 3 of them filling me up! :thumbup:

It all depends on the person, I guess.

I love sushi! Rice is a major problem for me though. So I just stick with the sashimi and a little bit of soy sauce and I'm good to go! Although I can probably get by with one California roll, but more rice than that, and boy do I pay!

Mmm...now I want Sushi for lunch ;-)

I haven't tried sushi yet, though I've wanted to, but my husband doesn't want to go quite yet. I've tried rice and havne't had a problem. I think the only foods I've had any issues with is scrambled eggs and really dry chicken. And I just don't think I chewed well enough. I didn't PB or anything, but it just felt like a bowling ball going down my esophagus. I still eat them just in different ways.

Surgery is 13 days away- so glad to hear that sushi may not be totally out of my life. We shall see... ;) Jeanie

i would be reluctant to eat raw fish (sashimi), but maybe a california roll (made with avocado, crab stick or crab salad) sounds like it would go down okay.

Yes fish is awesome for you but just remember, it's so individualized. Just be careful your first time....and good luck with it!

If you ever come to KY we'll go have ourselves a Playboy roll!! It has eel and is soooo yummy!!!

Let us know how it goes!!!

13 days, you must be sooo excited!!

I love Japanese food and eat it aproximately every 1 or 2 weeks. I find if I begin my meal with a miso Soup or tea I am warmed up and find eating sushi much easier. I avoid the maki rolls since the rice gives me a hard time. The nuri (seweed is impossible). If I do have a piece I just open it and eat the middle. I mostly stick to shashimi (yummi and no problem to eat). Sushi I pick the fish off of and leave the rice. sometimes I do eat some rice but find it does not go down so well. I usually feel better if I do not eat it. I LOVE shashimi.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches