Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Band Eating Habits? HELP!

Just to add what my typical day looks like now:

I ALWAYS have Breakfast. Weekdays I have an individual package of oatmeal (either low sugar or weight control). On weekends I will have 1/4 to 1/2 cup of egg whites scrambled, with some parmesan cheese on 1-2 slices of weight watchers toast. Occasionally I will have real eggs.< /p>

Lunch: some kind of Protein - either turkey or chicken or lean ham,tuna or cottage cheese or cheese (usually about 2 oz), some kind of carbohydrate (crackers, or weight wathcher's bread), 100 g of fat free yogurt and a piece of fruit (I might save the fruit and yogurt for a snack). I may also have some raw veggies (although I am not very fond of raw veggies, so mostly not).

Dinner: protein (usually 3-4 oz) and lots of veggies. I love cooked veggies - some favorites: asparagus, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, brocoli, spinach, edamame Beans, green beens. I don't use a lot of sauces, but I do use extra virgin olive oil, and parmesan cheese and some sauces (ie stir fry or salad dressing). I can still eat Pasta and I will have pasta about once a week.

Evening snack: 100 calorie packs (popcorn is a favorite), turkey pepperoni (only 45-50 calories per stick :wub:), fruit, suagr free pudding (about 60-100 calories per 1/2 cup), homemade high Fiber, low fat, muffin (under 100 calories each), or a vita muffin (around 100 calories).

I always plan an evening snack, even though I don't snack much during the day, because my real weakness is evening eating.

If I am going to have Cookies, or cake, usually it is on the weekend and I have it and enjoy it immensely.

Despite my horrible eating patterns of the past, I am finding this way of eating pretty easy to maintain. I have been eating this way consistently for 9 months now (some slips - we won't talk about my trip to Europe last summer). I have never done this in my ENTIRE life for this long. I started this way of eating pre-band, but it is much easier to maintain since the band. Most of the time I actually have to plan to eat, to make sure I am eating enough nutritious stuff. That said, I still want to eat in the evenings, even when full :frown:

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to let you know that I am probably the poster child for dysfunctional eating and letting food control me (please note my highest ever known weight). I just want to let people know that if you are willing to commit yourself, you can and will be successul, but it is a lot of hard work that you have to do for yourself.

I read on a post in the last couple of days that someone said she looked at the band as a maintenance tool, but the actual weight loss was up to her. That statement really spoke to me and, in my case, I 100% agree.

Good luck and know that you CAN do it!:frown:

your life hasn't been any different than most of ours. Whatever the method of overeating, the band will at least slow you down. If you want to lose this weight bad enough, you'll prove them wrong just for the joy of it. Good luck to you!

I was exactually like you. I would not eat at lot at any meals, then would pig out on sweets, or chips (sour). I had surgery last Tuesday, March 18, 2008, and as of today I have lost 10 pounds. I did not know if this would work for me, as I have tried all kinds of diets. So far, so great!!! Good Luck

my goodness you are ME-- I don't have a sweet tooth, and I eat very little. I like to know what others were like also. I get my ban in a month and the doctors has told me to start the South beach diet " I've stuck to it now almost 4 weeks and only 4 lbs lost. It's depressing. I'm 5'0 and 204 (well 200 now) and with a thyroid problem to boot !!

Thank you for the reply.

I defiantly eat out of boredom or I think that I deserve it.

I have another question for you. I start my 2 week diet on the 3rd of April so now I am eating twice as much because I know that I cant ever binge on all of my favorite junk food. Can you give me any suggestions on how to stop this destructional pattern this week.

Thank You