Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Everyone say a prayer or keep you fingers crossed that Dr. K. Schmitt clears me for surgery. That #@!* CPAP machine data is driving me crazy. She keeps telling me I am not "compliant" because I have skipped days on the machine. The days have been when we have lost power, but that doesn't seem to matter to her. We lost it twice the last 2 weeks, but I called the office and had them note it in my chart, so I am hoping that does the trick!

Anyone ever hear from venzwife? I am getting concerned!

I can definately relate to you!! I had a defective machine and it was so frustrating (you can go back to the beginning of the board to read about it). I was compliant and the machine said it wasn't. Turns out the stupid machine was defective and had been recalled. I didn't know until day before my surgery if they would even do it or not. BIG HEADACHE!! Hang in there!

Venz!! Where are you? How are you doing? We are all wondering how you are doing!! Give us an update!

Hope everyone is well!!

Nonscale Victory!!

scales not moving but down to size 38 shorts and some Xtra large shirts!

Horray for me!!

congrats!

i love those victorys. im going sunday to get some new clothes. and i believe im going to be able to go down another size in pants/shorts. i started at 52in and im wearing 46 now. i believe i can go down another size since this fall off when walking.

nonscale victories are AWESOME!!!

I have to say I have been feeling a little sick these last few days.

But one thing I wanna say that Ive noticed thats changed about me (well hubby brought it to my attention) I never WANT anything to eat...especially this last week....everytime my hubby has asked me this week what I want to eat Im like I dont care whatever,,,used to I would be like oh I really want sushi or I really want BBQ....now its like I dont really care....I dont "crave" foods like I used to. Now I will say I am looking forward to my trip to fl so I can eat some seafood. But I dont get those afternoon cravings for choc. or ice cream or anything like that....Its just strange how that has all changed...:)

nonscale victories are AWESOME!!!

I have to say I have been feeling a little sick these last few days.

But one thing I wanna say that Ive noticed thats changed about me (well hubby brought it to my attention) I never WANT anything to eat...especially this last week....everytime my hubby has asked me this week what I want to eat Im like I dont care whatever,,,used to I would be like oh I really want sushi or I really want BBQ....now its like I dont really care....I dont "crave" foods like I used to. Now I will say I am looking forward to my trip to fl so I can eat some seafood. But I dont get those afternoon cravings for choc. or ice cream or anything like that....Its just strange how that has all changed...:smile2:

Didn't realize how right you are. I used to get up out of bed to see what i could eat first or leave for work early so i could pick up something before work.

Now i : drink flavored water, check out this site, and drink a Protein Shake on the way to work.

When wife was banded in Nov.2008 i tried the Protein Shakes and hated all of them. I thought i was gonna have a hard time with Protein because of that. About a month after i was banded i tried another one just for fun.

I don't know why but it taisted like heaven( lol).Most of my cravings for food are gone too so i guess thats gonna help on vacation.

We are going on vacation the last week of July and was making a list of things to buy for the trip. It used to cokes, chips, and all types of junk foods.Now it's : cases of Water and drink mixes, Protein Bars, and 2 cases of protein shakes. It's amazing how things change!!!:thumbup:

Didn't realize how right you are. I used to get up out of bed to see what i could eat first or leave for work early so i could pick up something before work.

Now i : drink flavored Water, check out this site, and drink a Protein shake on the way to work.

When wife was banded in Nov.2008 i tried the Protein shakes and hated all of them. I thought i was gonna have a hard time with Protein because of that. About a month after i was banded i tried another one just for fun.

I don't know why but it taisted like heaven( lol).Most of my cravings for food are gone too so i guess thats gonna help on vacation.

We are going on vacation the last week of July and was making a list of things to buy for the trip. It used to cokes, chips, and all types of junk foods.Now it's : cases of Water and drink mixes, Protein Bars, and 2 cases of Protein Shakes. It's amazing how things change!!!:thumbup:

Yeah I used to get up in the mornings and be like ok what is something oey goey and high infat and calories that I can make for Breakfast...now we have fruit or Protein Shake or just some boiled eggs...and its all good...a lot of mornings those (shame shame) I dont even eat. Im not hungry. Its like knowing that food can stick just makes you not wanna eat I think for me has a lot to do with it....I tried a steak a few weeks ago...didnt give me trouble but I just didnt like it....WOW I said something is really really wrong..(becuase I LOVED steak) I would rather have fish or grilled chicken.

Went to the meeting in bham I think it was last weekend now and I finally found a Protein Shake that I actually really like:

Choc. Peanut Butter shake:

1/2 fat free milk, 1cup of ice, 1 scoop of vanilla matrix, 1 pack of sugar free swiss miss chocolate, 1 TBSP of Peanut Butter, 2-3 packs of splenda, and blend...IT IS AWESOME!!!!!

Edited by kaninag

Wow, this conversation is so interesting because I feel the same way about food and I've only had my band about 6 weeks. I've been in training with my colleagues for two weeks and we ate out a lot. They asked me where I wanted to go eat lunch but it didn't matter to me. I didn't crave anything. I found things I could eat but wasn't my main focus. Mine was to enjoy their company. I take a lunchbox with me everywhere now with Snacks and Water. Used to, after class, I'd have to stop at a fast food joint and at least get a glass of sweet tea but now, I rarely stop for anything...I have my lunchbox. Thank goodness for Veronica and her suggestions. I know this may sound crazy but I don't know how to cook for my family any more. I just don't know what to cook. I'm good with fish and chicken all the time but I know they want more variety.

Side note...went out to eat last night. Ordered grilled talapia and it came with 3 or 4 shrimp. I ate one....it was soooo bad. My husband ended up eating them. I used to love shrimp but I don't think I like them anymore. I haven't tried steak yet. I haven't had the desire.

I think the change in my eating habits is difficult for my husband. Before the surgery, our lives centered around food. We went out to eat, talked about food, planned activities around food....but now we don't. I know they said there would be emotional changes and maybe some problems but I never considered this. I think there's going to be some growing pains.

I just wanted to pop in to say hello to everyone. I haven't posted in a while and I feel like I need this accountability. Especially in the lazy days of summer. Any encouragement would be appreciated. Congrats to everyone you all are doing so well. Jason as always, you are the truth brother!

Haven't decided what to do but i wanted your opinion on what you would do.Ok here it goes:

I have an oppointment for another fill on July 16th. I can tell my restriction is not what it was when i got my second fill about 3 weeks ago. I was real tight then. I still get stuck alittle and the restriction is fair.

I leave for florida on July 23rd for 10 days of vacation. What would you do? Would you go for another fill or wait untill after vacation? I'm undecided.

Hi everybody, I got APPROVED!!! Date is July 2nd! Thanks for all the support.. I want to know how Venzwife is doing, I havent heard from her since surgery, and am worried about her. Well, thats all YEah!! gOOD LUCK fORDGAL WITH THE TOURNAMENTS

Hey Girl!

I was just wondering how things were going for you this week, since we are having surgery 2 days apart.

Did you ever hear from venzwife? I sent her a private message tonight, so maybe she will reply to that soon!

Good luck this week!

I just wanted to pop in to say hello to everyone. I haven't posted in a while and I feel like I need this accountability. Especially in the lazy days of summer. Any encouragement would be appreciated. Congrats to everyone you all are doing so well. Jason as always, you are the truth brother!

so how have you been doing? im hoping you are still working out and eatting good! you need to make sure to make it to the support meetings if you can also. and are you going to beable to make the meet and greet?

Haven't decided what to do but i wanted your opinion on what you would do.Ok here it goes:

I have an oppointment for another fill on July 16th. I can tell my restriction is not what it was when i got my second fill about 3 weeks ago. I was real tight then. I still get stuck alittle and the restriction is fair.

I leave for florida on July 23rd for 10 days of vacation. What would you do? Would you go for another fill or wait untill after vacation? I'm undecided.

crimson, if it was me i would just wait until i got back. enjoy your vacation before you get another fill.:thumbdown:

Personally I would def eait until I got back. That way Im not dealing with a brand new fill during vacation. The time after the fill is always the worst. Enjoy your vacation and then come back ready to rock!! :thumbdown:

1/2 fat free milk, 1cup of ice, 1 scoop of vanilla matrix, 1 pack of sugar free swiss miss chocolate, 1 TBSP of peanut butter, 2-3 packs of splenda, and blend...IT IS AWESOME!!!!!

This sounds delish. I am going to try it for dinner. Not really hungry right now.

Jason.....have any more plans been made for the get together? If so when is it? How much is it? Thanks hon.7_2_204.gif 28_1_15.gif

This sounds delish. I am going to try it for dinner. Not really hungry right now.

Jason.....have any more plans been made for the get together? If so when is it? How much is it? Thanks hon.7_2_204.gif 28_1_15.gif

It is good my husband even likes it!

gone 4 ever, just go to the meet and greet thread. but it is all ready to go. just getting the details down for the cooking and stuff like that. prices is listed on the thread. its something like 20 dollars a person.

Went to the meeting in bham I think it was last weekend now and I finally found a Protein shake that I actually really like:

1/2 fat free milk, 1cup of ice, 1 scoop of vanilla matrix, 1 pack of sugar free swiss miss chocolate, 1 TBSP of Peanut Butter, 2-3 packs of splenda, and blend...IT IS AWESOME!!!!!

see it pays to go to the support group meetings. and they will mixed different ones every meeting just let them know what you want to try.

on a side note and a great one for me. i went to buy me some shorts for vacatiopn trip coming up. i was thinking i might be able to wear a size 44 in waist. but come to fine out, i was able to fit in a 42. i was like WOW! :tongue2::thumbup::cursing:

i haven't been able to fit in a 42 since like 9th grade. so you see why im so happy. i got to buy clothes from the mens section and not the big and tale section. i almost started to cry. it was a very big deal for me.