Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I take classes in Tuscaloosa as well. Living in Blount County, it's quite a drive. What kind of classes are you taking?

Hey Deb-

I am working on my Doctoral Degree in Education (EdD). I have class Friday and Saturday next weekend. UGH! One is statistics and the other is a curriculum and instruction class.

What are you working on?

Amy

I take classes in Tuscaloosa as well. Living in Blount County, it's quite a drive. What kind of classes are you taking?

Hey Deb-

I am working on my Doctoral Degree in Education (EdD). I have class Friday and Saturday next weekend. UGH! One is statistics and the other is a curriculum and instruction class.

What are you working on?

Amy

Amy...I'm working on my EdD in education as well. I'm taking Qual. II, BER 600 and CRD 510...Qual. II at Tuscaloosa and the other two at Gadsden. Small world...wonder if we've had any classes together. How long have you been working on it?

Deb

BTW: I am a seasoned bandster LMAO :lol:you newbie bandsters (JASON AND SCARLETT) can't be gangin up on me :tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2::tt2::confused::tongue_smilie::thumbup::tongue_smilie::thumbup::tongue_smilie:LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blush::biggrin::lol::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

now thats not right! im just an 9 motnhs newbie. but i feel like i been banded for years. i get about 20 emails and pms weekly about the lapband. i love helping out.

Oh Kanina, You can get up and talk. Dont be scared. We are all in this together. I know that I would be interested in hearing what you have to say.

Jason I might need directions. I can get to St. Vincents but I havent been there since they added all the buildings so just let me know which one. I am excited about coming and meeting people that are going through the same thing I am. I hope i dont ask to many questions. I will be there at 9:45 and hopefully Kanina will be too.

when you get there just go in the main door. in the front building. then turn left and get on the elevator and go to the 2nd floor. then when you get off on the second floor turn right and go to classroom2 i believe it is. its the second door on the right when you start down the hall. you will see everyone going in and out.

by the way im going to pass out the flyer for the meet and greet then also.

Amy...I'm working on my EdD in education as well. I'm taking Qual. II, BER 600 and CRD 510...Qual. II at Tuscaloosa and the other two at Gadsden. Small world...wonder if we've had any classes together. How long have you been working on it?

Deb

I just started in January, so we probably haven't had any classes together yet. I started my residency this semester, so I will be taking classes in Tuscaloosa for the next 3 semesters. Hopefully I will finish my coursework next Fall and begin my dissertation after that. My goal is to be down to my goal weight by graduation (if I ever get approved)! :confused:

now thats not right! im just an 9 motnhs newbie. but i feel like i been banded for years. i get about 20 emails and pms weekly about the lapband. i love helping out.QUOTE]

I'm just teasing!:lol::lol::lol::lol: You should be a spokesperson for the lapband!!!

I know you like to help and thats good!!!!:blink::drool::drool::tt2:

now thats not right! im just an 9 motnhs newbie. but i feel like i been banded for years. i get about 20 emails and pms weekly about the lapband. i love helping out.QUOTE]

I'm just teasing!:lol::lol::lol::lol: You should be a spokesperson for the lapband!!!

I know you like to help and thats good!!!!:blink::drool::drool::tt2:

i don't know about being a spokesperson, but i would like to do something in that line of work. im going to look into it more about trying to help out more.

are you still able to eat? are you doing better?

i know i didn't need to but i just got done eatting some pizza.< /p>

Deb

I just started in January, so we probably haven't had any classes together yet. I started my residency this semester, so I will be taking classes in Tuscaloosa for the next 3 semesters. Hopefully I will finish my coursework next Fall and begin my dissertation after that. My goal is to be down to my goal weight by graduation (if I ever get approved)! :blink:

Amy...Hmmmm...what did you take in January? I had Dr. Wilson and Dr. Kuntz. I finished my residency last fall and have this summer and one more class this fall...then dissertation. I may not be at my goal weight before I graduate but at least I'll be healthier and a little thinner. Do you teach school too?

Deb

i don't know about being a spokesperson, but i would like to do something in that line of work. im going to look into it more about trying to help out more.

are you still able to eat? are you doing better?

i know i didn't need to but i just got done eatting some pizza.< /p>

The eating is a little better. It seems that I am able to eat dinner ok now lunch some breakfast...is ify...I go back to the doc the day before we go to fl. Ive decided that if Ive thrown up once the week before we're to leave Im having him take that .2cc back out!

*Pizza what'd you eat 2 bites, lol (you gotta have it every now and then) you cant completely deprive yourself!!!! I'm a salad person allll the way I LOVE salads so I tried one the other day...I was able to eat a couple of bites and then I could fill it sticking so I was like ok thats enough of that...at least I got some so that made me feel better.

Im back to being tired again yesterday or say friday night I went to bed at 11pm I didnt get up sat morning until 1130am I havent slept that long since I was in highschool!!!!

Amy...Hmmmm...what did you take in January? I had Dr. Wilson and Dr. Kuntz. I finished my residency last fall and have this summer and one more class this fall...then dissertation. I may not be at my goal weight before I graduate but at least I'll be healthier and a little thinner. Do you teach school too?

Deb

I had Dr. D. Sunal and Dr. C. Sunal in the Spring, since I am majoring in Curriculum/Instruction and Science.

I am a full time teacher also-I teach chemistry at Spain Park in Hoover. When I started the insurance waiting period, I had hoped to have surgery this summer with time to spare before school starts. Hopefully it will still work out in time.

How have you been doing since your surgery? It was pretty recent wasn't it?

Deb

I had Dr. D. Sunal and Dr. C. Sunal in the Spring, since I am majoring in Curriculum/Instruction and Science.

I am a full time teacher also-I teach chemistry at Spain Park in Hoover. When I started the insurance waiting period, I had hoped to have surgery this summer with time to spare before school starts. Hopefully it will still work out in time.

How have you been doing since your surgery? It was pretty recent wasn't it?

Glad to see you survived the Sunals...Dr. D. Sunal did not like me and it was a tough semester.

I had my surgery at the end of May. It's going well...It's hard sitting in classes for long periods of time but it's getting better each week. I don't eat nearly as much and I'm slowly adjusting bad behaviors. I pack a lunchbox everywhere i go now so I'm not tempted to stop at fast food places.

I hope you can have your surgery this summer. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself :tongue_smilie: I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Oh yeah, being on the liquid diet for so long helped rid my body of all the toxins and i feel better now than I have in a long time. Don't want that to change.

Deb

Happy to see everyone doing good on here. I am still tied up with baseball most nights. The good thing is they have decided to start practices at 7pm and that gives me time to come home and cook something good and not just grab something out of convenience. The scale is starting to give some too (finally!!). The other cool thing was I went to Walmart on Friday and bought a pair of sz 14 shorts! Not granny shorts either, some cute shorts! Right off the rack and not in the "womens section" and they fit perfectly!!

Please keep me updated on the meeting on Saturday and I promise I will be at the next one that is not on a baseball weekend.

Looking forward to the get together in August!

The other cool thing was I went to Walmart on Friday and bought a pair of sz 14 shorts! Not granny shorts either, some cute shorts! Right off the rack and not in the "womens section" and they fit perfectly!!

Yea Shawna!!! Can't wait for that day myself!

Ballparks can wreck your eating habits can't it? My kids played ball and I think that's what contributed to my weight gain. Cheesy fries were my downfall. That and a lot of other things.

:wink:

Deb

cheesy fries mmmmmmmm!!!!!

Great News!!

I found out today that insurance approved my surgery, so I'm scheduled for June 30th. I still have to get released from the other Dr. Schmitt on my CPAP usage (they are so darn picky), but other than that I am good to go!!!!! :thumbup:

cheesy fries mmmmmmmm!!!!!

I'd be stuck in the bathroom for a week if I tried to eat cheesy fries!!!