Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Its less than 12 hours until my surgery and I am starting to get a little nervous. I have to be there at 8:15 a.m.

hey, I have to be there at 9:15 in the morning i hope everything goes well see you in the morning

CD- I know you are nervous and I would be too, but, I believe all will be well with you during your surgery. Please let us know how everything went- I am on my last phase of BSBS requirements; sleep test and psyc evaluation and then I hope to get a date by the first of Jan. So, I will look forward to reading about your experience. God Bless you and enjoy the new life you are creating for yourself!

Good luck!!!!!!

Good luck guys! I know you both will do fine!!

kaninag, i posted on ars.

and the 13th would be fine with me.

cd, i know you will do great today. keep us posted when you can.

:smile2:

Its less than 12 hours until my surgery and I am starting to get a little nervous. I have to be there at 8:15 a.m.

Prayers for you and yours. Things will be fine. I am s few days post op and doing fine and I hope that You will do well also. Take care and talk to you soon:smile2:

Hi everyone.

Kani I did not know who you were or I would have introduced myself. I love the meetings when everyone asks a lot of questions. I learn a lot from that. Jason I hated that you missed it. I look forward to the meetings every month. Luckily my husband works Saturday mornings so I don't have much planned if I am not taking pictures (which right now is very very slow). Paul did look great. I cannot believe that he has lost over 100lbs since February. That is great!

So what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving. Luckily I dont have to cook a big dinner, I just take some mac & cheese and deviled eggs to my grandmother's house. They are all really good. Its gonna be hard to not sample all the deserts though. We should have a special support group for the night before Thanksgiving ... LOL! Just to give us that extra boost of motivation.

I hope everyone is well!!

=)

Shawna

Shawna ~ I just looked at you ticker and I wanted to say way to go! I am so looking forward to being able to put down that I have lost that much. I know it takes time, but dang! LOL

I am having to cook Thanksgiving this year, but it's before my first fill, so I will be able to eat a little bit with my family. What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? It will be our first one in the new house!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Hi everyone.

Kani I did not know who you were or I would have introduced myself. I love the meetings when everyone asks a lot of questions. I learn a lot from that. Jason I hated that you missed it. I look forward to the meetings every month. Luckily my husband works Saturday mornings so I don't have much planned if I am not taking pictures (which right now is very very slow). Paul did look great. I cannot believe that he has lost over 100lbs since February. That is great!

So what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving. Luckily I dont have to cook a big dinner, I just take some mac & cheese and deviled eggs to my grandmother's house. They are all really good. Its gonna be hard to not sample all the deserts though. We should have a special support group for the night before Thanksgiving ... LOL! Just to give us that extra boost of motivation.

I hope everyone is well!!

=)

Shawna

Thats all right I enjoyed the meeting and hearing everyone talk. I kinda well I REALLY wish that my doc and hosp. had had support group meetings when I had my surgery....I learned a lot just from that meeting (this was the first support group meeting that Ive ever even been to)...like I restrict my carbs but I didnt realize that 15g per meal is all you should have...but anyhow I will def keep coming and I'm sorry I didnt introduce myself either I'm pretty quiet.:smile2:

You know Veronica was talking about cooking and then not being able to eat and feeling depressed but for me I'm not affected by that at all I LOVE to cook and if all I can have is the turkey and green Beans then I'll work thru it.....I'll just keep remembering how great Im gonna look next year at the beach :thumbup:

Edited by kaninag

Hi,

I had my surgery on 11/11/08 by Dr. Miles and I came to the support group on Saturday and I had lost 13 pounds already. I am so excited and can't wait to start losing alot of weight. I went walking last night and am trying.

I didn't say much at the meeting infront of everyone since I just had my surgery but hopefully next month I can say something. I am looking forward to the meetings and I think it is great to hear others talk of how much they have lost and all.

Anyway I am Stephanie, from Trussville.

HEY Stephanie I remember you saying something about you just having surgery..keep it up girl!!! Youre doing great! Its nice to put names with faces :) or faces with names..lol

Hey everyone! I am home finally. I would have got home alot sooner but my kidneys did not want to wake up. I got to the hospital at about 7:40 this morning and almost immediately got carried back. I think it was around 9:45 when I got into the operating room and after two breaths out of the mask I was back in recovery. The surgery went well and I am not in alot of pain. The gas pain is moderate so far and am expecting it to get MUCH worse tomorrow. So far drinking juice and diet green tea has not been a problem. Im about to have some chicken broth and do a little walking.

Thanks everyone for you words of support and prayers...Craig

Hi,

I had my surgery on 11/11/08 by Dr. Miles and I came to the support group on Saturday and I had lost 13 pounds already. I am so excited and can't wait to start losing alot of weight. I went walking last night and am trying.

I didn't say much at the meeting infront of everyone since I just had my surgery but hopefully next month I can say something. I am looking forward to the meetings and I think it is great to hear others talk of how much they have lost and all.

Anyway I am Stephanie, from Trussville.

Nice to meet you Stephanie! I'm from Trussville to. Have you lived there all your life? Nice to see that you have lost 13 lbs already! Way to go! I am going to start going to the meetings...I really need to...I think I need the support!

Good to see that you made it home safely Craig ~ you let us know if we can do anything.

I have a question for you veterans....do you guys have any problems with your port area? You know mine got infected, and I have been doctoring it, but I can feel the port and the tube. Is that normal???:)

Hey Yall,

I was just reading last pages posts and I am glad to see that everyone is doing fine. I was looking at the weight loss tickers and all the lbs lost add up to a good sum, sooooooooo WAY TO GO FOLKS:)

The idea about a Pre-Thanksgiving rally is a good one, to keep us all motivated and on the same page. I have been cooking still and I wont tell you what, but lets just say its sinful and I havent wanted to taste any of it..I hope that feeling keeps up.... of course I am sure being less than a week post op is what is causing this.

I was thinking that maybe at the next meeting we could all find a way to get together and introduce ourselves to each other.

Everyone take care and hope to talk to you all again soon.