Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

i also got 3cc's when i got my first feel. im thinking it might be to much. for dinner last night i had half a grilled chicken breast,tablespoon of mashed potatos, and tablespoon of green Beans and i was stuffed. does that sound about right to you gals/guys?

im off to the gym and hoping to get a good work out in.

oh i got my new scales in today. its the one from the biggest loser. if its readying right i have droped 2 pounds since my fill on the 20th. so hoping its right.

april it really took me about 2 days. i guess most of it was because i was on liquids then mushies for 2 days. for dinner tonight i was able to eat about 4 oz of chicken and a spoonfull of green Beans. and yes i do love me some green beans.

im going to try some new receipts out this weekend with fish. i got them off of the realize band site.

well i had another good work out tonight. im going back in the morning to just work with the weights.

Hi All~~

I wanted to ask you guys for your prayers as I go in for my surgery tomorrow. I have to admit that I am kinda nervous and actually scared. I have done really well today with the liquids and cranapple juice so I think I can handle this. I have to be at the hospital at 7:30 am ~ so I don't think I am going to get much sleep!

Talk to you guys tomorrow!

April

Hi All~~

I wanted to ask you guys for your prayers as I go in for my surgery tomorrow. I have to admit that I am kinda nervous and actually scared. I have done really well today with the liquids and cranapple juice so I think I can handle this. I have to be at the hospital at 7:30 am ~ so I don't think I am going to get much sleep!

Talk to you guys tomorrow!

April :thumbup:

Does anybody know anything about Dr. Pennington at Trinity? I am scheduled for surgery on Dec. 1, 2008. After reading some of ya'll's posts, I am thinking I am missing something, this process just has not been that painful for me. I started seeing my internist in January this year, once a month for 6 months. Had appt. with Dr. Pennington for first time in July. First sleep study in July, second one, with cpap machine first of August, scheduled for surgery shortly thereafter. Granted, I have insurance through UAB hospital, not BCBS so that may be why it has been less painful for me. I just can't help but think I am missing something? If the Dr.'s office calls and says, "you've been approved" is there anything else I need to do other than show up for surgery?

Does anybody know anything about Dr. Pennington at Trinity? I am scheduled for surgery on Dec. 1, 2008. After reading some of ya'll's posts, I am thinking I am missing something, this process just has not been that painful for me. I started seeing my internist in January this year, once a month for 6 months. Had appt. with Dr. Pennington for first time in July. First sleep study in July, second one, with cpap machine first of August, scheduled for surgery shortly thereafter. Granted, I have insurance through UAB hospital, not BCBS so that may be why it has been less painful for me. I just can't help but think I am missing something? If the Dr.'s office calls and says, "you've been approved" is there anything else I need to do other than show up for surgery?

Hey there!

I think the main difference is exactly what you said, you have insurance through UAB Hospital and not BCBS. I had to jump through BCBS hoops in order to get it approved. You have to "prove" to them that you need the surgery and you are truly over weight. I have heard good things about Dr. Pennington ~ A lady I work with is using him and she absolutely loves him to death. I don't think you have anything to worry about!

well alabamagirl, dont worry i wil say pray for this morning. and we be thinking about you all day. so dont worry you will be fine. and keep us posted after and when you can. good luck

jasonr

Hope all went well today April, let me know if you need anything.

I had a great weekend. My friend and I flew to Detroit to see New Kids On The Block!! LOL!! It was the first time I have flown since I had surgery. It was so nice to fit comfortably in an airplane seat. The pics are on my myspace if you want to see. I wasnt a huge fan when I was a kid, but the concert has to be in my top 3 for fun!

Jason sounds like you are at a sweetspot. Lisa told me that I should be able to eat a little less than the size of my palm in a chicken breast. Good job!!

=)

Shawna

I will be attending the nutrition seminar on Wednesday Oct. 29th. Anyone else going to be there? What should I expect?

Congrats ALGirl!! You should be home recovering right about now! Let us know how you are as soon as you feel up to it.

Once again, I've been out of town this weekend and having to catch up on the post. I can't remember exactly who posted what but .....

I didn't have any problems with St. Vincent's billing office either. I paid my deductible up front and didn't have to pay anything else to them.

I didn't have any out of the ordinary problems when getting approved either. I have BCBS and had to do the 6 month diet but during that time, I had everything else taken care of.

Congrads on all of you who are doing so well loosing!! And congrads to the ones who are at their sweet spot. I can't wait to get there!!! I did make it through another trip and didn't gain any.. That's a huge accomplishment to me! ha.

For whoever was going to the nutrition class soon.. it's a breeze. It's a couple of hours of going over what to eat, what not to, asking questions. No biggy... but great info!

I think that covers everything for the most part. It's great to see that others are coming on in and we're here to help each other! Y'all keep up the great job!!!!

well a little update on something i cant eat. last night was the first night since my fill i tried steak. well its no no for me now. and i loved me some steak. but i dont mine giving it up for a better me.

i did cook some very good turkey burgers tonight, and im looking for some more ideas on how to fix turkey. so if you gals/guys have any let me now please. i took some grounded turkey meat and added tonys seasoning,salt,pepper, onion powder, and battered it in bread crumbs. its was very good. and the wife even liked them, and she dosent like to try new things. it was hard for me to get her to try some of my baked fish items.

on a side note, what scales do you all use? i have the biggest loser scales from there website. i would figure it would be correct right. i want to weight in here then go to the support group meeting and see what it reads. because i dont believe what it says. if it is correct i weight 362.2 which is 8 pounds less since the last support group.

i guess its hard to see me losing weight like this.

well im gone for now. i got to go to the gym for a workout.

hope everyone is doing great!

jason r

JASON-when was your fill...didnt you just have one recently. I wouldnt give up on steak just yet bc your stomach could still be a little swollen. There are a lot of things that 1 day I can eat them and the next day I cant. For me I LOVE sushi...but unfortunately some days I just cant eat it but if I come back to it the next day or a few days later I can eat it no proble. Steak is one thing that I havent tried since my last fill......honestly I wouldnt care for one. I guess bc I am AFRAID it will cause problems. I tend to avoid stuff that I even remotely thing might make me sick. Anyhow cant wait to see ya sunday!!!

Hi everyone!

Today is the first day that I have felt like really doing anything. I have to tell you guys that Monday night was pretty bad. I stayed so sick to my stomach all night and LIVED off of the nausea medicine. But that was the only time I was sick. I have been able to eat mashed potatoes, Protein Shakes (lots of them) and today I tried a scrambled egg white. Oh yum! Overall I have done pretty well. I go Monday to have my staples removed, and I am not sore much either! Thank you all for your prayers and I will keep you updated!