Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

:thumbup:Hello, my band angels! Thanks to everyones love and support and most of all PRAYERS, I am back in the real world. Everone of you is very accurate on everything you've told us to expect. The nurses were absolutely wonderful, Dr Miles was wonderful, the anastesologist(sp), post care, everyone was great.

I am back at work. I have a easy desk job. And taking it very slooooooooooow and eassssssssssssssssy. I am getting up and walking every few minutes and sipping away(today is day three). If I get to where it hurts they will let me go home at any point in time. But right now I'm doing fine at this moment.

It feels so good to finally be banded and started on my new journey to ME.

I will follow Dr's orders to the T, I promise!

Yesterday morning was rough getting used to getting up and down but it got better each attempt.

I want to Thank all of you for your support. I wouldn't be here in this good a shape if it hadn't have been for you and of course GOD!

Until later.........:wink2:

I will dig them out for ya. They are very useful and make you feel a whole lot more comfortable shooting with a DSLR. My next appt is on the 20th too. What time is yours? Im at 3:30.

=)

thanks. i need all the help i can get.lol

my appointment is at 1:45.

dash im so happy that everything went so well. keep up the good work. and follow the doctors orders. keep us updated and maybe we will see you at the next meeting.

CONGRATULATIONS Dash! You're on the loosing side! Sounds like you're doing wonderful! Continue to follow the orders and don't overdo it. Keep us updated!!! I'm excited for you!!!

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! Isn't life wonderful!

The gas pain was VERY harsh and I was sore getting up and down but overall everything was bearable.

I almost feel normal again. Everything is going great-i'm on just the liquid diet and the Protein Shakes don't taste very good-not any I've bought anyhow but i'm still ingesting them. :seeya:

Tomorrow is when I go to get my stiches out. My incisions look great except one little tiny spot that looks like it has gauze packed in it.:)

Ya'll are truly angels, folks. I am here to testify on ya'lls behalf. I know I sound like a broken record-but with ya'lls PRAYERS, compassion, support, AND guidence I have been able to do so well. So thanks, again everyone.:)

I hope everyone has a great day!

Sounds like you are doing great NMYDASH! I'm getting excited. I looked today and I only have 14 days left! WOO HOO!! Then I will be on the "loosing side" !!

Alagirl-i am so excited for you! The 14 days will pass by very quickly-i promise.

I strongly suggest- if you are in a position to be able to take off a couple days that would be advisable. I am not in a positon to be able to take off. being a single mother of three with only my income and with one in college-i just had to suck it up and work. thats the only reason i went back so quick. The extra days would have benefitted me better but it just wasnt feasable.

Everone else done the right thing by taking some time off. So dont put me in the equation to judge how long to take off work.

If at all possible get all that you can done ahead of time-supplies, household chores, etc. You would be better for it.

Everyone on this forum will have greater success with quantity lossed than me cause i have the lowest bmi (i think) starting out. But i really needed this surgery(tool) i had my uncontrolled high blood pressure as well as diabeties. But in addition - these co-morbids were already affecting my body causing irrevicable damage. I have a detached retnia that was caused by my co-morbids. I am blind in that eye now. So i had to do something dramatic to preserve my other eye as well as the rest of my body. So this was definately not just a vain thing with me but a necessity. Just like the rest of you.

God has blessed me way more than i deserve-so i truly give him all the glory and honor for my successes that i will be gaining. It wont be easy- but i feel he made this tool(surgury)possible for me in order to make my body/his temple more healthy to do his work.

Just like i believe he sent wendy, you , jason and all the rest of the angels on this forum to give me encouragement.

But enough said this installment -i just wanted you to know everything will be ok and soon you will be on your path as well and i am looking forward give any support i can to you.

Oh thank you so much! You just don't know what your words of encouragement have done. I love chatting with everyone on here and I love the support. I am getting so excited! I am taking the week of 10/27 off so I can rest. My husband is taking his vacation that week too. So, I am very lucky in that respect that I can take some extra time off.

If you need anything, let me know ~ I am here to support everyone on here too~

Ya'll are going to make me cry! Everyone is just do kind on this thread. I have 9 days until my fill. I can't wait. I and learning my body and the band. I have lost 16lbs since surgery. Is that the norm for 5 weeks out. I get hungry but sometimes the thought of eating regular food creepse out, although I have cheated a little. I really need to up my fluids and start going to the gym. Ttyl

Hey Gang! I'm so excited that everyone is doing well! Thankful that recovery has gone so well for the newly banded and that things are falling in place for the preopers! It'll be here before you know it!

I'm at a MAJOR stand still with my loss but I'm trying to remember that I knew this would probably happen. I did stop going to the gym and stopped making the best food choices for a couple weeks. I'm back in the gym everyday now and doing some restistance tube work outs at home. I'm SOOO ready to see the scale move again. I skipped my last fill thinking that I didn't really need it but I'm ready for one now. I just really hate to go back for with NO loss in over 2 months. It's embarrasing to say the least. ANyway...... I'm not giving up.. this is a life long adventure!!!

Off topic: I'm having an online tupperware party if any of you need any. It also makes a great Christmas gift... as it will be here SOON! Unfortunantly, I didn't think about posting the link on here until now and it's only 4 days left before it closes. So if you have any questions or interest.. let me know! The link is below. Shop and ship to your home!

Tupperware | Tupperware - the official World Web Site for Tupperware Products

Glad to see everyone doing so good!!

Wendy dont get discouraged. You know when I went back for my 2nd fill I actually gained a pound!! That fill was the one that got me started losing.

I am now down 51lbs!! And I am really starting to know myself. food is not running my life anymore. I have learned when to stop eating. I am really learning my band and it is sooo cool! People are starting to notice and that is neat. This is the lowest I have been in 8 years.

I am planning on attending support group on Saturday. Anyone else?

=)

Shawna

Glad to see everyone doing so good!!

Wendy dont get discouraged. You know when I went back for my 2nd fill I actually gained a pound!! That fill was the one that got me started losing.

I am now down 51lbs!! And I am really starting to know myself. food is not running my life anymore. I have learned when to stop eating. I am really learning my band and it is sooo cool! People are starting to notice and that is neat. This is the lowest I have been in 8 years.

I am planning on attending support group on Saturday. Anyone else?

=)

Shawna

Oh Shawna ~ that is wonderful!!! :)

I wish I could come to the support group on Saturday but I don't have a babysitter! Nice huh? I just don't know who wouldn't want to watch my 5 girls! LOL...

Well, I am starting to get excited ya'll. I have my class and pre-op visit on Wednesday the 22nd. Say a prayer for me...I'm starting to get nervous too! :laugh:

im glad to see you doing so great dash. your words make me tear up. and im with you, without this board i wouldnt know what to do. anytime i need to be picked up i come here and read and ask questions.

wendy, im going to look at that tubberware cause i need some. yes i am a man. lol

I'm back!!! Did you all think I fell off the face of the earth??? Well, things have gotten a little interesting in my life. I was layed off of my job. My job of 21 years! Needless to say, I feel a little weird. Not really a big shock because I knew they probably aren't going to be in business much longer, but I could have used a heads up! Anyway, fortunately my husband and I own a business (new to us in June), so I did have a place to go. So, I have been working like a crazy person this last week and a half. We will be dirt poor for a while, but we're having a blast :)

One thing, these people eat so wrong!!!! It has been a little hard around here and they look at me funny when I have a little tuna and some wheat crackers everyday for lunch. And I lost the link to my ticker (was on work computer), so I'll have to fix that. But, I've lost 47 lbs, I've slowed down somewhat, but I get another fill tomorrow and I'm sure it will be a tiny one when I tell Lisa I do feel restriction, but it's more at certain times of the day, not when I'm eating:crying:

NMY - I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good work!

Shawna - You are doing fabulous!!! I would love to come to the meeting, but Saturday we are having our grand re-opening (the only Saturday during football season I could be here!).

Jason - I suspect you are going to be the star of this group. You ARE the man!!!

Wendy - glad you're back on track. I slip once in a while, too, but that's the great thing - we know what to do about it and we have something that can keep us from getting way out of control!!!!

Welcome back Di! Sorry to hear about the job loss but sounds like you're making the best of the situation! Congrats on the weight loss! You're doing great!

Shawna - go ahead with yo bad self! You're doing great too!

Jason - Thanks for looking at the Tupperware site. I know it's costly but it last FOREVER!!! Let me know if you need any help on the site.

Well...... let me give y'all a word for the wise.. or now experienced I should say lol. I had canceled my last fill appt. Hated to take off work again and hadn't lost any weight. I know I shouldn't have but I did. So yesterday I call to make an appt. for when we come through Birmingham next Thursday. Would you believe their fill appts are booked up until NOVEMBER 20th?? WHAT??? I said dang I need to learn how to do these things myself!!! It takes maybeee 30 seconds to do it. Anyway.. I was not happy about it but what can I do?? So take my advice and keep your appointments.. and schedule the next one when you're there. You can always cancel if something comes up but go ahead and make it so you don't have to wait a month to get in there!

And lastly, unfortunantly I won't be able to make the support meeting this time. Y'all have fun and I can't wait to hear how it goes!