Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I'm sure Zach will be working too. Hes working 6-7 days week right now. We should just meet up and ride together. Or let me follow you :cool2:

thats sounds fine to me. just let me know where you want to meet up and you can ride our follow me. dosent matter either way to me.

has anyone here checked into get a trainer? me and my wife was thinking about it. we have a few gyms around here that im thinking that would have some.

im only getting to go to the gym about 3 times a week now because i dont have a baby sitter. im hoping when i go back to work i will start losing more. i go the 8th for my first fill and hoping i have drop another 5-10 pounds.

Hey Jason ~ do you have a big gym up there, like Golds Gym or Sports Plex? I know that they offer personal trainers.

Hey~ I have a question ~ do any of you that are already banded drink energy drinks? Like Monster or Amp? I was wondering if I would be able to drink them after the surgery? Any idea?

Well ladies and gentlemen-tomorrow is my pre-op visits and Tuesday is my band-date. I need ya'lls prayers please. I am getting very anxious but at the same time nervous. (I have white coat hypertension on top of my regular super high blood pressure. :cursing:ha ha)

Everyone seems to be doing exceptionally well lately. Horray!!!!!:)

Very, very soon I will be following in ya'lls foot steps.

I've not looked at the nutrician guide of any of the energy drinks- but I would guess we could not because of carbs over 15gm and fats over 5gms per serving. To much sugar that defeats the purpose I suppose.

In the small redneck town I live in there is no personal trainers. I would have to travel at least 30+miles to see one. So I have no clue. But maybe after you see one -maybe you will share info.

I am so.......excited! Any last minute pointers besides the liquid tylonal, gas x, etc.

JASON-somebody told me today that I should look into getting a trainer let me know if you have any luck

ALABAMAGIRL- I still drink redbull but its lightly carbonated. I have had an amp drink too though no problems. Energy drinks are my addiction. I let sodas go no problem but not my redbull...even though I drink it a lot less now but cant give it up completely...lol

See? That's me. I love the grape Amp or the grape Monsters....I have already given up the cokes!

Hey Jason ~ do you have a big gym up there, like Golds Gym or Sports Plex? I know that they offer personal trainers.

Hey~ I have a question ~ do any of you that are already banded drink energy drinks? Like Monster or Amp? I was wondering if I would be able to drink them after the surgery? Any idea?

yes theres 3-4 big gyms around here. i checked golds on there site but they didnt have a price. i guess im going to call and ask them about it. i think thats going to be are xmas gift to each other. my wife (kim) has lost 9 pounds since i had the surgery. she gets mad about not losing alot but i keep telling her shes doing great.

and on the drinks. your not suppost to drink them if they are bubbley..lol... it works well with the band and in some cases its made it slip. and like you gals i dropped the soda easy. but i loved red bull and i wish i just could have one every now and then. so try not to drink them.

dash, i will be praying fo ryou. and i hope everything goes great. im sure it will. and cant wait until you join the club.

JASON-somebody told me today that I should look into getting a trainer let me know if you have any luck

i will! im hoping it will give me a kick in the asz to help me out. im also hope this fill coming up helps me to.

LOL..every doc differs on what they tell you about sodas some will tell you that oh no absolutely do not drink them bc it can cause gas and stretch your pouch...I have done a lot of research and the basic "guess" is that it doesnt stretch your pouch bc its liquid and goes straight thru to your lower stomach but there are still mixed reviews its pretty close to being half and half so I think the safest thing is to avoid sodas besides theyre just empty calories....that being said I still dont drink sodas but since the red bull is a "lightly carbonated beverage" I have 1 from time to time :)

You tell Kim that 9lbs is awesome...I swear jason youre gonna surpass my weightloss in NO time....

yes theres 3-4 big gyms around here. i checked golds on there site but they didnt have a price. i guess im going to call and ask them about it. i think thats going to be are xmas gift to each other. my wife (kim) has lost 9 pounds since i had the surgery. she gets mad about not losing alot but i keep telling her shes doing great.

and on the drinks. your not suppost to drink them if they are bubbley..lol... it works well with the band and in some cases its made it slip. and like you gals i dropped the soda easy. but i loved red bull and i wish i just could have one every now and then. so try not to drink them.

dash, i will be praying fo ryou. and i hope everything goes great. im sure it will. and cant wait until you join the club.

i will! im hoping it will give me a kick in the asz to help me out. im also hope this fill coming up helps me to.

Jason, if I remember correctly you have Blue Cross. I received a newsletter from them a couple weeks ago and they have something called Blue365. We can get discounts at Golds Gyms with it. You might want to give your Blue Cross rep a call or if you're registered on www.bcbsal.com you can see what the discounts are. Ladies, we can get discounts at Curves, as well. Considering that myself.

That sounds great! Is the discount through BCBS? (for curves)

That sounds great! Is the discount through BCBS? (for curves)

If you go to www.bcbsal.com and sign in, register first if you haven't before and look in the box that says "Manage My Health" and there's a link at the bottom of that box "Blue365". There you can see the discounts you can get for being a BC/BS member. Curves is 60% of initial sign up fee and then 15% of monthly dues. Gold's Gym has discounts for sign up fee and personal trainers. There are discounts for other things as well, with more to be added, it says.

That is awesome! thank you for that little bit of info!

I have bcbs but its empireblue...I'm def gonna check into this though bc curves is less than 5 miles from my house...that would be AWESOME thanks for the info!!!

Hey everyone!! Seems like it's been a while since I've been here. We went on a 4 day trip to Gulf Shores and I'm trying to get work and the house back in shape.

Dash - How did the preop visits go? I'm excited for you! Just a few more days!! You'll be banded in no time!

Pre-op like all of you said was a piece of cake. An expensive piece of cake:ohmy:(deductable). But it is gonna be well worth it. I can't quite figure out how I went from 220 to 217.7 pounds between pre-op at the hospital and the dr's office one right after the other. No restroom trips and I drove straight around the hospital. Boy don't we all wish we could lose 2.? pounds every time we drive around.:w00t: (Ha Ha) It must have been the difference in the scales.< /p>

Listening to Dr. Miles-It sounds like I will be getting the realize band.

And I will probabally be the second surgury on Tuesday! :lol: I am so.........ready. I am so tired of being overweight.

I do request everyones prayers on Tuesday, please!

Another question. I have the urge to eat my favorites tonight, Sat and Sunday for one last trip down memory lane. Did anyone else do this or is it not recommended. Starting Monday morning bright and early I go on Clear Liquids in preparation for Tuesday.

Grace, bamagirl, Jason, and all the rest of you- ya'll are a true godsend!!!!!!!!!!!!