Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Hi guys!

Sorry, I didn't realize that there was another girl there in a gray Alabama T-shirt until she stood up and asked a question! ~ but that wasn't me! I was with the girl that had the baby stoller and the 1 year old (this was at the seminar) and I stayed for the lap band support group. I had short hair, gray t-shirt with the elephant on the back! Oh how funny!

Guess what? I got into work today and Naomi emailed me my surgery date! YEA!!! I go October 27th - so I guess I am officially a "Smashing Pumpkin!" And so close to Halloween.... I am getting SO excited! :redface:

Way to go girl! I know that this has been a long time coming!

You sound so dedicated, Di. That is awesome to be able to eat that little and be full for awhile. You know, to be as big as I am I don't eat much at all, but I think it's what I eat. I can't wait until I'm banded.

That's me too! I am a sweet freak! But... I have learned to enjoy salad... well my version of a salad haha. I would have NEVER thought I would like it.

Hey Jason... (or anyone with suggestions ) You know I purchased that bag of matrix Protein and I remember you saying that you mix alot of it up and keep in the fridge ready to drink. Tell me... what all do you mix in yours? I heard someone say they add Peanut Butter but I'm wondering how that will hold up overnight and/or a couple days. I tried it and it wasn't as good to me as the smoothie extreme but it seems to hold me over longer. The directions on the reciepe sheet says add a cup of milk, cup of ice and blend. Well if I do that a day or so ahead... will it still taste ok? As y'all can tell... I'm not much of a cook... that may be what's got me in this situation. haha

Any shake ideas?

Hey Wendy, I stepped out on faith and tried the unflavored whey again.

I mixed:

8 oz soy milk and 1/2 cup ice (blend)

add 1 scoop slim fast optima strawberry shake and 1 scoop unflavored whey (blend well until no lumps)

add 1 banana and blend

yields 1 pitcher of shake and plenty of Protein

It was delicious I almost chugged it down! OMG!

I have been so stressed about not getting enough protein. Now I am ready to experiment with other flavors like the chocolate with Peanut Butter.< /p>

Edited by Apple8<)

You sound so dedicated, Di. That is awesome to be able to eat that little and be full for awhile. You know, to be as big as I am I don't eat much at all, but I think it's what I eat. I can't wait until I'm banded.

That has been the hard part, what I eat. I've never eaten huge portions anyway, so it really hasn't been that hard to cut back by half. But, it's really true, if you avoid carbs, you won't crave carbs. Same with sweets and fats (chocolate and butter being my favorite foods!). The only think I really miss is beer!

Lisa told me, sometimes you don't feel any restriction for several days after a fill and she is so right. I just hope it lasts. Another 1/2 pound gone this morning!

That is great! All you guys sound like you are doing wonderful!

Well, I have my nut. class on 10/22 and my pre-op visit on 10/22 as well. That way I can take the whole day off and not miss more work than need be. I am getting so excited! It's not that far from now.

I'm with you guys about sweets, I crave chocolate sometimes and if I get just a little bit, i'm ok. I already eat small portions so I will be ok in that respect. The Protein shakes is what I am looking forward to!

I am getting very excited as well. Next week pre-op and week after "banding." I am a little nervous but overall wanting it to get here-already-I've waited a long time for this. I am soooooooooooo.....ready to start the new me. I have ignored my body for far to long.

Like ya'll, I'm a HUGE dessert freak.

Jason, cgirl, april-hows the recovery coming- and what type of exercise are you doing?

Grace, Di, and fordgirl-it seems all of you are doing exceptionally well but may have hit a small bump in the road at the moment if I am understanding ya'll correctly. Is this something that you think we will experience at about 4-5 months out? Can we have your thoughts, please.

I haven't really heard a definate answer on this question. Can someone help me to know the best answer on calories vs. Protein intake. What is the minimum calorie intake you can have as long as you are getting your Protein quota(plus vitamins) daily?

I am getting alot nervous-I guess cause I am starting to think of a million question now.

Thanks everyone for putting their own two cents in. Ya'll are a great bunch of winners in my eye!

Edited by NMYDASH

I am getting very excited as well. Next week pre-op and week after "banding." I am a little nervous but overall wanting it to get here-already-I've waited a long time for this. I am soooooooooooo.....ready to start the new me. I have ignored my body for far to long.

Like ya'll, I'm a HUGE dessert freak.

Jason, cgirl, april-hows the recovery coming- and what type of exercise are you doing?

Grace, Di, and fordgirl-it seems all of you are doing exceptionally well but may have hit a small bump in the road at the moment if I am understanding ya'll correctly. Is this something that you think we will experience at about 4-5 months out? Can we have your thoughts, please.

I haven't really heard a definate answer on this question. Can someone help me to know the best answer on calories vs. Protein intake. What is the minimum calorie intake you can have as long as you are getting your Protein quota(plus vitamins) daily?

I am getting alot nervous-I guess cause I am starting to think of a million question now.

Thanks everyone for putting their own two cents in. Ya'll are a great bunch of winners in my eye!

I don't know about everyone else, but, I'm doing great. I'm feeling restriction which is the goal. Forget about calories. You will learn in nutrition class, mainly, to get your 60 grams of protein everyday and 64 oz of Water. Don't eat anything with over 5 gms of fat or 15 gms of carbs. Calories will take care of themselves, as long as your portion size and your fat and carbs are in line.

I have been very good about Portion Control, even when I have been hungry (with a time-out for vacation!). But, I couldn't overeat now, if I wanted to with this last fill. Keep a journal of everything you eat. It works!

Ok, I have a question. I am going for my class on 10/22 ~ so I was wondering do I need to take a notebook? Or do they provide handouts? I am getting really excited now! I am like you NMYDASH, I am looking forward to starting the new me. My girls are behind me and they told me last night that it's going to be different getting used to a "different looking mom". That made me kinda feel strange ~ I hope that is not a bad sign ~ they support me for the most part. It's good to have a good support system huh?

I agree with Di. I am doing great!! The bumps were in the beginning before I got restriction and learned my band. But now I am averaging 1-2lbs a week!

You really dont need anything for the nutrition class. They give you a workbook and you can write notes in it. I used it alot in the beginning.

I am starting to notice my loss now. My scrubs are sooo baggy. I just hate to buy new ones. And of course my husband has noticed my woman parts are shrinkin...LOL

Hope everyone has a great weekend and doing well!!

Roll Tide!

Shawna

Ok, I have a question. I am going for my class on 10/22 ~ so I was wondering do I need to take a notebook? Or do they provide handouts? I am getting really excited now! I am like you NMYDASH, I am looking forward to starting the new me. My girls are behind me and they told me last night that it's going to be different getting used to a "different looking mom". That made me kinda feel strange ~ I hope that is not a bad sign ~ they support me for the most part. It's good to have a good support system huh?

It's GREAT to have a good support system! You have no idea how proud those girls will be. And they will make you feel fantasic when they notice every little pound that comes off. Not like all your friends and co-workers, who even after 45 pounds and two sizes will say brilliant things, like "I can really see it in your face". Don't get me started...............:tongue2:

Oh i hate that! I get those types of comments when I have been on vacation and the first day back from work... Oh boy... just wait though! That monday back from my surgery ~ I should get some doozies!!!

hello everyone! sorry its been sometime since i been on here. i have been real busy around the house. i have been taking car of a few things before i go back to work on the 6th.

dash, im doing fine. i feel great and i can eat more now but istill have some restriction and i dont have a feel. dr.miles told me i might have some without the feel first, because im suce a big guy. and the realize band is smaller in size then the ap band. i havent weighted in about a week so dont know if im losing anymore are not. im thinking about only weighting at the support groups.lol

and for exercise, i do 30 mins of walking on the treadmill,20 mins on the bike, and then do 10 mins on the stairmaster(which kills me). but sometimes when i cnt get to the gym i just do 30mins in the morning and 30mins at night on the treadmill at home.

i have bad and good news

first the good news. i have been able to wear some shirts that i havent bee able to wear in over a year now. and i can wear some shorts where i couldnt do so about a year are more ago.

the bad news. since i started back on reg. food i have got some stuck twice. and puked it up both times. and yes it hurts bad. everyone told me it hurt but damn it really does. the first thing was some bake tator tots and the second thing was some fried rice. and i chewed it up real good to. so i know i cant have any of that nomore. and after getting stuck i was like no more food for now. lol i guess sometimes you got to learn the hard way. its funny how you can eat somethings and not others that you would thing you could eat.

so hows everyone else doing?

and i go oct the 8th to get my first fill.

everyone have a great weekend!

JASON-stay away from tator tots son!!! LOL Anything like that (bread, french fries, pasta) runs a greater risk of sticking I dont know what it is but no matter how I chew tator tots they get stuck.....I'm sure I could puree it and it would still make me sick lol.

Sounds like overall youre doing great though...cant wait till the support group I'm excited as it will be my first!

JASON-stay away from tator tots son!!! LOL Anything like that (bread, french fries, pasta) runs a greater risk of sticking I dont know what it is but no matter how I chew tator tots they get stuck.....I'm sure I could puree it and it would still make me sick lol.

Sounds like overall youre doing great though...cant wait till the support group I'm excited as it will be my first!

yea i dont think i want another tator tot ever. i doing ok i guess. got to start working out more. me and kims going to see about joining a gym togather. and for xmas we are going to get a trainer to help us out. thats going to be a gift to each other. i go to are city gym now. its nice and has great stuff but kim cant go.

i cant wait for the next support meeting either. i just hope its better then last month. the banders meeting was only 20 mins and then we went to the support group meeting for banders and non banders. it was about an hour long. kims not going to be able to go this time either. shes got to work that day. sorry. is zach coming?

I'm sure Zach will be working too. Hes working 6-7 days week right now. We should just meet up and ride together. Or let me follow you :biggrin: