Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Hi alabamagirl1975! I saw you at the seminar & meeting but I didn't realize it was you until I got home and read your post. You were the one who asked about the Fibromyalgia, right? I was towards the front (2nd & 3rd row. I was the blonde (I had my hair pulled back in a clip) with the multi-colored peach & brown silky shirt and jeans. My husband was with me and he had on a red Georgia hat & grey shirt. I was the one that asked Dr. Schmitt about taking pills after the band.

I am psyched after that seminar! I have an appointment with Dr. Maddux on Wednesday to start my 6 month diet, and my appointment with Dr. Schmitt is November 11th.

I'm going to call and schedule my sleep study on Monday.

Hi alabamagirl1975! I saw you at the seminar & meeting but I didn't realize it was you until I got home and read your post. You were the one who asked about the Fibromyalgia, right? I was towards the front (2nd & 3rd row. I was the blonde (I had my hair pulled back in a clip) with the multi-colored peach & brown silky shirt and jeans. My husband was with me and he had on a red Georgia hat & grey shirt. I was the one that asked Dr. Schmitt about taking pills after the band.

I am psyched after that seminar! I have an appointment with Dr. Maddux on Wednesday to start my 6 month diet, and my appointment with Dr. Schmitt is November 11th.

I'm going to call and schedule my sleep study on Monday.

you know..... VW.. I think I was sitting right beside you! I had a bright yellow tshirt on and jeans... was that you beside me? How ironic! If so, you look alot like a girl I know of in Huntsville and I thought several times about asking you if you were her... Jason and I talked about the fact that you said you were going to be there but neither of us knew your real name and figured you didn't have your screen name on your name tag... if y'all even had to wear them haha.

AG - sorry I didnt see you.. I do remember the question about fibromialga (wow Im sure I butchered that) but didn't realize it was you. We'll have to plan a time for us all to meet up so we can introduce ourselves to each other.

Jason - It was nice meeting you! I always enjoy putting a face with a name. I emailed this link to Cindy - hopefully we can get more people joining the thread.

All in all... was a good day!

venzwife, i was sitting to the right of your husband. wish i knew it was you i would have said hi. i had a the alabama football hat.

alabamagirl, i remember you standing up and asking that question, but at the time i didnt know that was you. sorry.

wendy, it was very nice meeting you today. and i hope cindy does come over to the darkside with us. hahahaha and next time im going to tell all the banders in the meeting about are group here.

i just got back from the gym and im tired so i think im going to bed. i walked for about an hour and then done the bike for about 30 mins. that was it for me today. i got to start working out more. my next goal is to lose 75 pounds by xmas. i know its going to be hard but im going to try and do it. so 51 more pounds here i come.

Well I guess we all just missed each other! :-)

Maybe nextime we should all post pictures of ourselves on the thread so we can recognize each other.

You bandsters would have to post pictures regularly so we could recognize your shrinking faces! :-)

i will have to take a up to date one. i was longing and i dont have one on the computer. i guess i was the one that always took the pics. lol

Hey Jason... (or anyone with suggestions ) You know I purchased that bag of matrix Protein and I remember you saying that you mix alot of it up and keep in the fridge ready to drink. Tell me... what all do you mix in yours? I heard someone say they add Peanut Butter but I'm wondering how that will hold up overnight and/or a couple days. I tried it and it wasn't as good to me as the smoothie extreme but it seems to hold me over longer. The directions on the reciepe sheet says add a cup of milk, cup of ice and blend. Well if I do that a day or so ahead... will it still taste ok? As y'all can tell... I'm not much of a cook... that may be what's got me in this situation. haha

Any shake ideas?

Wendy: We are in the same boat. I can not find a pleasant way to get in ALL of my Protein. I love the slim fast but thats only like 10gr. I also love the eas and Atkins brands. I hat the mixes. I bout the big green apple nectar and my dh has devoured it, I can barely tolerate it. I bought the unflavored GNC brand whet powder to add to my Soups etc and I can TELL its in there, you know? So I need help getting 64 gr of protein in a day!

wendy i dont add the ice to mine. when i get it and pour me some up i just add the ice then but i just put it over ice. some people had bananas our Peanut Butter. but i never tried that. sorry.

i got some of the tasteless Protein also and you can tell alittle its in there. but its ok.

Hi guys!

Sorry, I didn't realize that there was another girl there in a gray Alabama T-shirt until she stood up and asked a question! ~ but that wasn't me! I was with the girl that had the baby stoller and the 1 year old (this was at the seminar) and I stayed for the lap band support group. I had short hair, gray t-shirt with the elephant on the back! Oh how funny!

Guess what? I got into work today and Naomi emailed me my surgery date! YEA!!! I go October 27th - so I guess I am officially a "Smashing Pumpkin!" And so close to Halloween.... I am getting SO excited! :rolleyes2:

Hi guys!

Sorry, I didn't realize that there was another girl there in a gray Alabama T-shirt until she stood up and asked a question! ~ but that wasn't me! I was with the girl that had the baby stoller and the 1 year old (this was at the seminar) and I stayed for the lap band support group. I had short hair, gray t-shirt with the elephant on the back! Oh how funny!

Guess what? I got into work today and Naomi emailed me my surgery date! YEA!!! I go October 27th - so I guess I am officially a "Smashing Pumpkin!" And so close to Halloween.... I am getting SO excited! :girl_hug:

:girl_hug::thumbup::thumbup:CONGRATS:thumbup::sad::thumbup: I know how excited you are. I remember just how it feels, it wasn't that long ago. Soon, they will be scheduling your nutition class and your pre-op visit and you'll be on your way!!!

Those of you looking for protien in your liquids, try the Isopure Water from GNC. It's not bad, especially over ice. There are 40 grams of proteini in a 20 oz bottle. They have different flavors, I get the orange. It's cheaper if you buy it by the case, and also get a GNC membership. SlimFast and those kinds of drinks (including Protein bars) are not a good source, as they have little protein and WAY too many carbs. Protein satisfy's hunger, too. I also use Unjury for shakes, it's available online, www.unjury.com There's usually an ad for this on LBT. I still drink those for dinner during the week.

Shawna and I both thought we should come to support group with a rose in our teeth to recognize each other our first meeting! :rolleyes2:

LOL Di!!

I didnt get to make it Saturday. I had sooo much going on with the wedding. Thank goodness that is all overwith! So was there any interesting topics?

April congrats on getting a date! It will be here before you know it!

Things are going good here. I still think I am at my "sweet spot". I did have some issues with reflux last week, but I think it was my Biotin capsule getting stuck when I went to bed. I stopped taking it at night and the reflux stopped. I was scared I was too tight. But I think its better now.

The weather is getting nice out. I am going to start walking this week. Maybe walk 3 days and 2 days of Wii Fit. I am hoping that will make for a fun exercise routine.

Hope all is well with everyone!

=)

Shawna

Thank you guys! I am excited. I scheduled my nutrition class for October 22nd ~ so I'm good to go on that. Just need to schedule my pre-op visit next! I am going to wait on Naomi to email me back first!

Di ~ I think the rose would be kinda neat! LOL

CONGRATULATIONS AG!!! I'm excited for you! My date was about a month out from when I schedule it to and it flew by! So take this time to get even more mentally prepared. You'll be on the other side before long! It's great!

Hate you didn't make it Shawna. I had never been to a post op meeting before but honestly, I was disappointed that it didn't last long. Other than that, it was good!

LOL Di!!

I didnt get to make it Saturday. I had sooo much going on with the wedding. Thank goodness that is all overwith! So was there any interesting topics?

April congrats on getting a date! It will be here before you know it!

Things are going good here. I still think I am at my "sweet spot". I did have some issues with reflux last week, but I think it was my Biotin capsule getting stuck when I went to bed. I stopped taking it at night and the reflux stopped. I was scared I was too tight. But I think its better now.

The weather is getting nice out. I am going to start walking this week. Maybe walk 3 days and 2 days of Wii Fit. I am hoping that will make for a fun exercise routine.

Hope all is well with everyone!

=)

Shawna

I had my third fill on Thursday. Lisa only gave me .75 cc's, but I do have restriction and if it lasts, I am at the sweet spot. I just got back to work from lunch and I feel like I ate a basketball! I didn't by the way, I only had a small packet of tunafish and four multigrain club crackers.

Swimming season is over and I must get on my Wii Fit and my bicycle. This weather is perfect! If only it would last......

You sound so dedicated, Di. That is awesome to be able to eat that little and be full for awhile. You know, to be as big as I am I don't eat much at all, but I think it's what I eat. I can't wait until I'm banded.