Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

OH I bet you are! I'm actually looking forward to that though!! :) Have you weighted yet? If so, how much have you lost?

no i haven't weighted yet. i got a scale that went above my weight since im a very big guy. and it didnt turn out to be very good. so im going to weight tomorrow when i go to the doctor and get my staples out. but i will report if i have lost any yet then. my wife says it looks like it. i guess taking in maybe 400 cal. aday from 4000-5000 cal. aday, i should have drop a pound our two.

i been having problems with my Protein Shakes giving me "lets say many trips to the bathroom" problems :blushing: the last two days. i guess im going to have to try another brand. im going to ask them about it tomorrow.

jason r

I saw in Wal Mart the other night a BIG jug of whey Protein. I have heard that it was a good powder to mix with. Please let us know how you do - I'm anxious to hear!! :)

I saw in Wal Mart the other night a BIG jug of whey Protein. I have heard that it was a good powder to mix with. Please let us know how you do - I'm anxious to hear!! :party:

thats the kind i have now. it taste very well. my wife even likes the choc. kind. i will check back in after i get home from the doctor.

no i haven't weighted yet. i got a scale that went above my weight since im a very big guy. and it didnt turn out to be very good. so im going to weight tomorrow when i go to the doctor and get my staples out. but i will report if i have lost any yet then. my wife says it looks like it. i guess taking in maybe 400 cal. aday from 4000-5000 cal. aday, i should have drop a pound our two.

i been having problems with my Protein Shakes giving me "lets say many trips to the bathroom" problems :) the last two days. i guess im going to have to try another brand. im going to ask them about it tomorrow.

jason r

Jason, you might want to take your temperature. It's not unusual to have a fever after surgery. I did and it took me a few days to realize drinking milk with a fever was giving me the same problem. As soon as I stopped the milk, I stopped running to the bathroom!

thanks di i will check. but i havent felt like i was running but i will check. im going to try the ones i got from st.vincents in the can to see what it does also.

on another note i got my staples out and they put some clue and stripes on there. they said they will fall soon. just wash over them.

and i have lost 22.6 pounds since surgery. i was happy about that. i wasnt thinking that much but thats what the scale was reading.

im tried now and think im going to lay down for a few mins. check back in later.

jason r

thanks di i will check. but i havent felt like i was running but i will check. im going to try the ones i got from st.vincents in the can to see what it does also.

on another note i got my staples out and they put some clue and stripes on there. they said they will fall soon. just wash over them.

and i have lost 22.6 pounds since surgery. i was happy about that. i wasnt thinking that much but thats what the scale was reading.

im tried now and think im going to lay down for a few mins. check back in later.

jason r

:thumbup: WAY TO GO JASON!! ;)

I am so proud for you! I'm starting to get excited now. I am mailing in my smart card so I can get released for my surgery. If you don't mind me asking, how long are you off for your surgery? I was trying to see how long I need to put in for. I bet you are a happy camper this morning. I will check in later on today...

jason r

Way to go, Jason!! That is fantastic. Keep up the good work.

thanks di, imn trying to my best.

thanks alabamagirl, im off for the full 6 weeks. at my job there is no light duty work. its all heavy lifting or alot of bending over. i work for a Water works company. so i took off the entire 6 weeks that we have for the 10pound lifting limit. i got short term ins. so its not that bad. oh and yes it put a smile on my face to see that scale.< /p>

jason r

That is wonderful Jason. I have a desk job, so I bet I won't need to be off that long. Enjoy the rest! I bet it's like having a mini vacation!!

That is wonderful Jason. I have a desk job, so I bet I won't need to be off that long. Enjoy the rest! I bet it's like having a mini vacation!!

yea it gets alittle boring sometimes. but its better then working.

if you have a desk job, you might just be out a week. thats what i would say to take off. because you really need to rest afterwards.

OMG!!!! Congratulations Jason!!!! You're already a winner and you barely are off into the race. Absolutely wonderful.

Craz and April, how is it coming. "THE" day is fast arriving.

Di, Shawana, Wendy, etc.-you continue to be our inspirations.

Question. And it seems as though I am a broken record but I am asking again. (I have looked over the past responses and didn't find my answers)the nutrician class- do you weigh in, is it one on one or group discussion, approximately how many people attend. Someone please give me the play by play on it. I go Sept. 10th and am nervous of course.

Next Question- pre-registration and pre op visit. Would someone indulge me of the play by play on these items, also. do you weigh at the hospital,get blood drawn, any other tests, bp, vitals,etc and same at drs. office: wt,bp, vitals,other tests. I know they ask questions and collect their money. Its the other tests I'm curious about. If I know what to expect I would be less aprehensive when my date to go comes. Any details would be appreciated.

OMG!!!! Congratulations Jason!!!! You're already a winner and you barely are off into the race. Absolutely wonderful.

Craz and April, how is it coming. "THE" day is fast arriving.

Di, Shawana, Wendy, etc.-you continue to be our inspirations.

Question. And it seems as though I am a broken record but I am asking again. (I have looked over the past responses and didn't find my answers)the nutrician class- do you weigh in, is it one on one or group discussion, approximately how many people attend. Someone please give me the play by play on it. I go Sept. 10th and am nervous of course.

Next Question- pre-registration and pre op visit. Would someone indulge me of the play by play on these items, also. do you weigh at the hospital,get blood drawn, any other tests, bp, vitals,etc and same at drs. office: wt,bp, vitals,other tests. I know they ask questions and collect their money. Its the other tests I'm curious about. If I know what to expect I would be less aprehensive when my date to go comes. Any details would be appreciated.

First of all! You are Rockin Jason!! Keep up the great work!

April I had my surgery on a Tuesday and was back at work on Monday. It wasnt bad. Just be sure and rest as much as possible!

As for the nutrition class. You are in a class room with others (probably anywhere from 15 - 25 people). You will meet the infamous Veronica and she will share her story and then go through what to expect. It is very informative. Then the nutritionist will come in and explain what to look for in the foods you eat. It was a great class and you dont weigh in.

As for your pre-op, first you will register and pay your copay. Then you will go back for testing. They will weigh you, draw blood, run an ekg and tell you anything you might need to know for the day of surgery. It is pretty quick and the nurses are very friendly. It is not intimidating at all.

You should be fine.

=)

Jason I want to be like you when I grow up!

nmydash: my experience was dumiksr hb shawna. The nutrition class was great and veronica was awesome. There were about 25 of us. Veronica gave a pp presentation and went over an informative booklet that u tshe hms. The nutritionist will give you some great tips. You will also get a letter that u have to take back to the office to go in your file. Veronica also went to her office and gave away all of her samples of a Protein Shake that she didn't like the taste

I had my preop today. Just urine and two vials of blood no EKG or stress test. I was shocked. Afterwards I went to see dr miles. Schmitt is my surgeon but miles filled in for him today. He answered questions that u had and that was that.

I think they have decided to only offer the realize band. Miles said tgatcitvis easier to put in and takes 20 min less time! He said basically if someone demanded the lap band over the realise would have to justify their request. That's a new an interesting twist.

I will be banded on Tuesday and I can't wait!

Also I paid my copay for the hospital by phone when they called to do my registration.

Hey everyone!! Gosh the board has been booming! That's great! I have been on vacation for 7 days and had to go back and read about 6 pages. Sounds like everyone is doing GREAT!!!

Congrats Jason! I'm so glad that the surgery went well, that you're taking care of yourself and have lost THAT much so soon! That's awesome!!!! Keep us updated on how you're doing!

Congrats to all of you who have dates set... sorry I read to many post to remember the exact names haha. You are days away from a complete, positive life style change!! Keep us updated on your journey.

I am so sorry that I haven't been here to encourage and answer questions! Things are going fine with me. I went back for fill #4 yesterday. Can feel more restriction as far as I can't eat as much. Being out of my routine has been tough so as bad as I would love to have stayed on vacation, I'm glad to get back in the swing of things and hope to start back loosing. Eating out every meal is not easy!!

It's good to be back and hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Hi folks,

I think it's odd they decided to just offer the realize band. I heard it was not as good as the lap band because the "pillow" part that holds Fluid is one big circle which because of its' design, has a greater chance of leaking due to pressure from being filled. The lap band has 5 or 5 "pillows" that are independent and encounted no stress when being filled. The circle formation closes better in other words. I don't know about these doctors sometimes. I wonder if they go with the company giving them the best "refund" for purchase at any given time. Somebody respond with a thought, please...