Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Hey its me again! I also have not got my paperwork submitted to bcbs thats been in neoami's office since july 30th. As of friday bcbs still has not got it. I called neoami this morning and asked her to resend it because bcbs "has lost" it somehow. She said it wasn't submitted yet but that she intends on submitting it this week. Yes i know she is trying very diligently and needs a helper but she is always very nice to me and i agree that she definately knows her stuff. I am impatient-and like ya'll i just want to get my new life started. I just have to trust that she will get it done soon. I too hate to call her often because she is so busy. But i guess i will keep checking back and get a report every week or a little longer.

Hey its me again! I also have not got my paperwork submitted to bcbs thats been in neoami's office since july 30th. As of friday bcbs still has not got it. I called neoami this morning and asked her to resend it because bcbs "has lost" it somehow. She said it wasn't submitted yet but that she intends on submitting it this week. Yes i know she is trying very diligently and needs a helper but she is always very nice to me and i agree that she definately knows her stuff. I am impatient-and like ya'll i just want to get my new life started. I just have to trust that she will get it done soon. I too hate to call her often because she is so busy. But i guess i will keep checking back and get a report every week or a little longer.

I guess that is my problem too. I'm impatient. I have been going through all of this for a year now. I'm just ready for it to be over with. I have my follow up appointment on my sleep study on Thursday. If I don't hear from her by then, I'm calling!

I know im impatient! I will be ok as soon as I get an answer from insurance company. Im just a little scared, nurves and excited at the same time. I just want to get started on my new life before I gain so much wt that I can't fit into anymore of my clothes! Is there not anything we can do? Neaomi so needs help with all this stuff! Shes only one person with many many many patients!!!

I agree. If I could just get the insurance approval and a surgery date; I think it would help my nerves tremendously!!!!

At least we have this forum and all of our friends here. Maybe us three will have our dates together. Nutrician visit, pre-op visit, and surgery dates.

At least we have this forum and all of our friends here. Maybe us three will have our dates together. Nutrician visit, pre-op visit, and surgery dates.

Where do you live? It would be wonderful if we all could meet one day. Do you go to the support group meetings? I can't wait! I want to meet all of you guys!!!:wink2:

I live in delmar, al. Halfway between jasper, al and florence, al. I would love to meet sometime. It seems we are all waiting on the same things- ins. Approval, surgery date, and nutrician class, etc. It would be neat if we could "band together" and start our journey with other band sisters or brothers. Our fellow bandsters on this site has given and will continue to give us a world of knowledge. But the extra extra bond of actually experiencing everything together with others would be a tremendous help also. I can already tell that everyone else on this thread is close/family like. I need that.

Hi Ladies,

I was banded by Dr. Schmitt, Oct 29 2007. If there are any questions I can help any of you with just ask. I did the whole program with them. I live in Dothan, so I had quite a commute.

Good LUCK!!!

Connie:thumbup:

I was very impatient with Neomi, too :crying:. However, I've realized you don't want someone to rush through this process. You want someone to take their time and get that insurance approval. Trust me though, once you have a surgery date, you won't believe how fast it has all happened. And then after surgery, it's like that very first seminar was yesterday! And, the office staff doesn't do the surgery, all you have to do is read more forums on LBT to realize that we have two of the best doctors and support staff. We are so educated in the whole process before we even have surgery. So many people write in after their surgery and they don't even know what or how much they're supposed to be eating. They have no idea of the consequences of eating something they shouldn't. Most don't have support groups. Our support group even supports those that aren't Miles/Schmitt patients. And NOBODY has Vernica, except us.

So, who's coming to supoprt group Saturday????

I am goin to try my best to be there Saturday! I am psyched about going! This is the first time in a long time I dont have any work scheduled for a support group meeting Saturday!

I am goin to try my best to be there Saturday! I am psyched about going! This is the first time in a long time I dont have any work scheduled for a support group meeting Saturday!

Oh good!! I missed last month due to work and I was really disappointed, so I'm looking forward to this one. It would be great to meet everyone.

Oh good!! I missed last month due to work and I was really disappointed, so I'm looking forward to this one. It would be great to meet everyone.

I'm going to be there and I'm bringing a co-worker. She just started the 6 month diet/monthly visit today. She is so excited ~ and so am I!

NMYDASH - that is really funny you live up by Jasper. My husband's family is from Sumiton/Dora area and we live in Warrior (I-65 N area). It would be really neat if we all could meet outside of support group. I am getting excited. I haven't had my surgery date yet, but I go for my follow up visit tomorrow (sleep study).

It is a small world. Yes i would love to meet everyone. Ya'll are my band family. (i have a big family-7 bro/sis-but i choose to not tell them until after the surgery. My boyfriend is my family support at this time.) and i love having all the support and confidence ya'll are helping me with. Thank you! Keep it coming. Especially ya'lls progress! That just makes me want to be at that point also. Ya'll are doing extremely well.

I wont be able to attend the support group saturday b-cause i am helping my 18 yo son move over to huntsville to go to college. (a happy but sad moment in my life). But i will attend one soon.

You are correct about neoami- she knows her stuff. I just remembered that when i turned my paperwork in was the same day as the last seminar. I can just imagine the preparatins for that. Cause i can remember the seminar i went to. So i know she was swamped.

well i went to my nut. class today. i got some great info. and it was packed. theres alot of people getting the band done. i was also glad to hear that dr.smchitt has done a realize band and dr. miles knows how to do it also. im going to try to see if i can get one.

im going to try to make it to the meeting this saturday. i have a good time at the meetings. i like to listen to james talk. lol

Do we want to meet a little before or after the meeting? I know those of us already banded will be there earlier. We could meet in the cafeteria area or something. Just an idea.

=)

Shawna