Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

Cool Beans April! Hey get in touch with me and I will meet you at the support group! It will be great catching up!

=)

Shawna

Hey Shawna. How far are you from Locust Fork?

I am just below Locust Fork kinda in Remlap Kinda in Dallas/Selfville. My kids go to LF School. Are you in the area?

I will! I will be there with a co-worker who is just starting the process. Which classroom will you be in? I noticed the paper says classrooms 1-4 - are there that many there?

I will! I will be there with a co-worker who is just starting the process. Which classroom will you be in? I noticed the paper says classrooms 1-4 - are there that many there?

It's all one big room!

It's all one big room!

Oh that is great! I am so excited I can barely stand it. I emailed Naomi this morning all of my completed dates so hopefully she can set up a surgery date. I am looking forward to meeting everyone I chat with on here! Malinda is really excited too. She is my co-worker who is just starting this long process. :)

Shawna, I am about 2 miles from LF... I have three girls that go to LF. They are in the 9,5 and 3 grade... I called bcbs and they still havent recieved my paperwork!!!! Neaomi said that she was going to send it in this week I wander what happened? I hate to call her all the time...

Wow we are neighbors! My oldest is in the 11th and youngest is in the 2nd grade. We will have to meet up at the park and walk (when it cools off - it is too freakin hot). Give me an email sometime fordgal88@bellsouth.net. I dont know too many people up here except from the ballpark or cubscouts.

Have you tried emailing neaomi? I had more luck doing that than reaching her on the phone. I think they have entirely too many patients for her to be the only insurance person in the office.

How is your fill going Wendy? Is this one working alot better? Di, how are you doing? I dont go back until the 20th for #3.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Shawna

That would be great! I love to walk in the afternoons it helps me relax. My e-mail address is crazgirl2006@yahoo.com I can check my e-mails at work.... Yes I have e-mailed Neaomi, twice. She is just so busy I hate calling her! Oh well maybe next week..... :-)

Shawna, I am about 2 miles from LF... I have three girls that go to LF. They are in the 9,5 and 3 grade... I called bcbs and they still havent recieved my paperwork!!!! Neaomi said that she was going to send it in this week I wander what happened? I hate to call her all the time...

Crazgirl ~ I have had no luck in emailing her either. I called her one time and she talked to me for about 5 mintues. I think Shawna is right, they have too many patients now to give individual attention. Let me know if you need some help getting in touch with her. I will email her for you!

ok. Here's my two cents on our surgeon's office: Neomi seems too busy or overworked. Therefore, the personal touch and bed side manner that we need as we go through this serious and emotional process is nonexistent. Also, Ashley ( the girl that answer the phone) is the gatekeeper. She can be very dry as well. I had to be very firm with her in order to get to neomi. Now, I didn't get attention from neomi until I started advocating for myself. When she didn't respond to info I emailed I would have my husband hand deliver it. Also when the ins co lost some of my info in their mailroom and I took it in my own hands to speak with the ins do and even had deliver info to them, neomi became more responsive. Lastly, since i have been approved Ashley will transfer me to neomi without hesitating.

Would I recommend their office? Unfortunately right now I can't say yes. I would not want someone do get mad at me for sending them to an office that adds to their stress. I am always confused as to my next steps because when info us given to me it is in a rushed manner. Therefore I have to call back to get clarity. Uggh!

I understand what you are saying April. I totally agree with you too. I am going to call her next week and see where do I go from here. I am done with everything I am suppose to do except for the support class and the nutrician class ~ but I can't go to it until I get a surgery date. I think they are VERY bust more like the over worked under paid syndrome. Are you getting excited yet?

I understand what you are saying April. I totally agree with you too. I am going to call her next week and see where do I go from here. I am done with everything I am suppose to do except for the support class and the nutrician class ~ but I can't go to it until I get a surgery date. I think they are VERY bust more like the over worked under paid syndrome. Are you getting excited yet?

I was thinking about it the other morning on the way to work an it just felt surreal. I just had to say THANK YOU GOD! I am getting excited and thinking about the things that I need to do before I have surgery. I need to make a shopping list (protein shakes etc). What about you? Why hasn't she set your surgery date yet?

Thanks Alabamagirl, I haven't ever had a problem with getting her on the phone. I just can't get her to send in my paperwork. Yes I do believe that she needs help! She has way to much on her and its way to much for one person!!!!!

Let me also add something positive. When it comes to ins. and getting approved. Neomi knows her stuff. Yes she needs help and that is not her fault. As patients we shouldn't have to feel neglected either. I will say that I always trusted her confidence when it came to my approval process. I guess if I was juggling a zillion patients that are emotional and stressed I might not be suzy sunshine 24/7 either. I guess what's most important to me is the quality of work that she does and bottom line I think she is successful in getting approvals.

Aprilapple, you are so right! I work in the nursing field and I so know what she is going through. She is up to her eyeballs in insurance papers and patients calling her. Thats why I am not going to call her all the time. ( I refuse to!) She does her best to do what she can to help everybody. She is so sweet... I just wish she had more help and everybody would be a little happier. I know she would be!!!!!