Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I tell you what...I am getting too anxious I think ~ I'm ready to take that journey to a new life and start to feel better. I am going to have a serious conversation with Naomi.

Well I go for my 3rd fill this afternoon. I sure hope that it helps the restriction get back on track. I haven't had any since the PB episode. I hope they can confirm that the band HASN'T slipped or something. I'm suppose to have 5cc's in the 10cc band right now and most of the time, I can't even tell it's in there! So let's hope it gets back on track today and that I don't have to deal with rain the entire 2 hr drive down.

On a good note, I am in the 270's now WOO HOO!!

You are doing great Wendy! I go for my second fill on Monday, and I too hope to feel some restriction. Last week I found myself eating more than I have been, so I got back on track Monday and I've been so hungry. :angry:

Last week was the first week I didn't lose an ounce (at least now I know how to maintain), but I've lost a pound this week. In some of the other groups, people are doing the 5 day pouch test to get kick started again. I may give it a go after my fill. It's basically starting over with liquids for a couple days and so on. Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

Wendy, be careful driving today, we've had some weird storms pop up in the last day or two. Maybe while you're there, you could give Neomi a swift kick to get her in gear to help these other folks out! Don't take it personally guys, I had problems with her too. I think she just has quite a bit of work and already moves at a snails pace!:biggrin:

You are doing great Wendy! I go for my second fill on Monday, and I too hope to feel some restriction. Last week I found myself eating more than I have been, so I got back on track Monday and I've been so hungry. :angry:

Last week was the first week I didn't lose an ounce (at least now I know how to maintain), but I've lost a pound this week. In some of the other groups, people are doing the 5 day pouch test to get kick started again. I may give it a go after my fill. It's basically starting over with liquids for a couple days and so on. Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

Wendy, be careful driving today, we've had some weird storms pop up in the last day or two. Maybe while you're there, you could give Neomi a swift kick to get her in gear to help these other folks out! Don't take it personally guys, I had problems with her too. I think she just has quite a bit of work and already moves at a snails pace!:biggrin:

Oh the thought of liquids again.. uugghhh ... but I've come so far to get where I am.. I'll do whatever it takes haha.

I wish I could do something to pipe the staff up down there. I had some of the same issues in my prebanding and post banding days. I even talked with Dr. Miles and Veronica about the complaints and that I didn't want them to loose business due to some of negative thread postings. I do believe he is a wonderful surgeon and don't want people to write him off due to this slack of the clerical staff. He told me that he appreciated me letting him know and they hired ....oh I've forgotten her name now... but it seems the work just keeps piling in and they need more help!!

Oh the thought of liquids again.. uugghhh ... but I've come so far to get where I am.. I'll do whatever it takes haha.

I wish I could do something to pipe the staff up down there. I had some of the same issues in my prebanding and post banding days. I even talked with Dr. Miles and Veronica about the complaints and that I didn't want them to loose business due to some of negative thread postings. I do believe he is a wonderful surgeon and don't want people to write him off due to this slack of the clerical staff. He told me that he appreciated me letting him know and they hired ....oh I've forgotten her name now... but it seems the work just keeps piling in and they need more help!!

Everytime I would get mad or impatient with Neomi, I would tell myself the poor girl has to deal with insurance companies everyday. She must have the patience of a Saint!

Hi guys! I hope your fill goes well. I am going tonight for my 2nd half of the sleep study. Then next Wednesday I go for my EGD. Hopefully after that I can get my surgery date. Wish me luck!

HA! :angry:

Actually, yesterday was my bday and, as usual, when eating dinner with a group, I ate too quickly and spent the remaining half of the meal in the bathroom. WHEN WILL I LEARN??? I have not had one single PB since the 1st week of getting used to this fill until now. Grr....

Wendy -- How is the fill? Everything okay with the band?

Bama Girl -- Any news from Naomi yet??

I tell you guys, YOU are the saints for putting up with that office staff. :biggrin: That was one of the main reasons I decided not to go with them.

Hey there!

I actually heard from her earlier this week. I rescheduled my EGD for Aug 6th and after that I will receive my surgery date. I have a question....what does " PB " mean? I guess it's something I will have to get used to huh?:biggrin:

Hi everyone, I am a newbie. I have submitted my stuff to Neoami for the second time yesterday. The first time ended in a insurance denile. Boy BCBS sure is picky. They denied me because my first of seven visits was more case specific to my co-morbids than wt. loss program, hence denying me. So I have had to wait till the 29th but I gave it another day (the 30th) just to be safe before my new 7th visit. Anyhow, Neoami will be submitting my stuff in the next couple days. So please pray for me, please!

I've been reading everyones postings. Just listening to you guys has been most helpful. Especially since I have been depressed since the denile.

I am so proud of you ladies and gent(s) of your successful progress. Maybe soon I will be in the same boat PB'ing as ya'll..........that sounds so painfully good to me :huh2:at this point.

I'll keep you updated.

Anna

PS-savedbygrace, thank you for your support!

Hello all, I am using Dr. Miles and I just turned all my paperwork in today. How long did it take you guys to get your approvel from the insurance company? I have bc/bs..... Im just a little worried I guess... LOL

CG- It took about 2 weeks before I found out I was approved... I called Neoami and she told me she had the approval... I didn't get the written approval until a month or so.

Anna- You're welcome! Keep your chin up... you'll be on the loosing side soon!

AG- PB stands for productive burp. When the food gets stuck and needs to come up... it's like you burp and its up but trust me.. it's NO FUN!!! Chew slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

SO Missy - I know your pain! It would be nice if was just a PB and over but for me... I PB'd about 4 times then vomitted about 3 times.. pain for about 12 hours. I've come close to doing it again ..... so I have to focus on what I'm doing when I'm eating and slow down.

The fill went fine. I'm at 6cc's. She said if the PB episode had messed something up, I would know about it. Slippage seems to equal not being able to keep anything down. Thankfully the weather held off until I got home.

The staff members were ok today. I guess I'm just so used to the medical office I work in ... everyone there treats you life family... it's not that way down there. But they know their stuff and that's important to me!! Our home air is on the blink. We had to stay at a hotel last night and looks like it's going to be again tonight. NO FUN!!! NOT CHEAP!!! This is NOT the way to loose weight.!! (sweating)haha.

hello everyone. counting down. 25 more days to go.

glad to hear that the fills went well.

and crazgirl, i sent my paper work in and in about 2 weeks i got my letter in the mail. i got mine before the doctor did.

Wow this board is really moving, its nice to see all the new faces on here.

Glad to hear your fill went well Wendy. I am hoping that my next one will be the "sweet spot". I have noticed that I am getting full soo much quicker and I am staying satisfied a lot longer. I get that on August 20th.

I think that the office has grown so much quicker than they had anticipated and they are especially seeing it now, because more and more people are finding out BC/BS has started covering Lap Bands. I was talking with Lisa (the nurse practitioner) at my last appt and hinted at the fact they had grown way faster than anticipated.

Well this past weekend was my first vacation being banded and being fully dependant on eating out. I noticed that Breakfast is by far the hardest meal. They're just arent that many breakfast foods that are band friendly served at places. We went to Tunica and I did eat pizza Saturday night/Sunday Morning. Just one of those mini pizzas, I ate 1 slice and 1/2 of another and I got SOOOO sick! I think I ate too fast, it was not a pretty site. I did notice that since I cant eat as much I am more into trying new things and that is nice.

Well that is enough rambling! I hope everyone is doing well!!

=)

Shawna

Restriction feels GREAT!! I don't have as much today as I did right after the fill but I can tell I'm getting there. I dropped 3 more pounds this weekend. What a pleasant suprise!! I finally have less than 100 lbs to go to get to my first goal!

Don't give up!! I know it's hard at times but it's worth it!!

Shawna- good to hear from you! I know what you mean about eating out. It's not always easy... to find something and eat slow. But that band will remind you want it? HA